Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you call a white guy surrounded by ten black guys?

- Basketball coach...or Eminem
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Funny how you had no problem trying to meet that burden of proof when you thought agreeing with slowguy a couple of times would do the trick.

Hypocrite.

an example of a hypoctite would be pretending you hate child rape but belonging to an organization known worldwide for actively protecting child rapists from prosecution.

You wouldnt know anyone like that would you?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drn92 wrote:
veganerd wrote:
BarryP wrote:
I'm just surprised that no one has pointed out the irony that Eminem is white and rap is black music. Hmmmm....think about it.

Mind...blown!

Even better is Snoop Dogg's reaction. On YouTube if you are so inclined ...

Your mind migh be blown again.

drn92
nice to know Eminem got a certified black card from snoop! Question though, Eminem has pretty much conquered the world, worth like $200 million or some ridiculous figure. Why the hell is he so pissed all the time, don't think I've ever seen the dude smile in any photos always faking like a hard ass all the time. Lightnen the hell a bit it's ok to smile once in a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Neither you nor Barry has defended the content of Eminem's "takedown" of Trump. "

I've also never proved that God doesn't exist. What's your point?

Rick pointed out the "irony" of rhyming about Trump when other rhymers rhyme about bad things. It's not ironic and, in fact, completely unrelated. Pointing that out does not obligate me, in any way, to defend anything Eminem said (which I didn't even listen to, btw).

"You leapt to the honor of hip-hop as a whole, and objected to Rick's accurate observation that the medium is known for degrading women."

No I didn't. I said it was unrelated.

"Now you're here talking about ad hominem attacks."

Well, yes. That's exactly what you guys are doing. Do you disagree?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick pointed out the "irony" of rhyming about Trump when other rhymers rhyme about bad things.

You jumped to your own conclusion.
So Eminem hasn't written anything promoting violence or is derogatory to women?

When I just a little baby boy
My momma used to tell me these crazy things
She used to tell me my daddy was an evil man,
She used to tell me he hated me
But then I got a little bit older
And I realized, she was the crazy one
But there was nothin' I could do or say to try to change it
'Cause that's just the way she was
They said I can't rap about bein' broke no more
They ain't say I can't rap about coke no more
Slut, you think I won't choke no whore
Til the vocal cords don't work in her throat no more?!
These motherfuckers are thinkin' I'm playin'
Thinkin' I'm sayin' the shit
Cause I'm thinkin' it just to be sayin' it
Put your hands down bitch, I ain't goin' shoot you
I'm a pull you to this bullet, and put it through you
Shut up…

Or maybe this one

But I may fight for gay rights, especially if they d--e is more of a knockout than Janay Rice. Play nice, b----h. I'll punch Lana Del Rey in the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight in plain sight of elevator surveillance, 'til the head is banging on the railing, then celebrate with the Ravens."

Or maybe this one about Mariah Carey

"I mean I really want you bad you c---t. Nick, you had your fun. I've come to kick it when you sacked that chump. Nick Cannon, you prick, I wish you luck with the f---g wh--e."

Or maybe this one

"Slut you think I won't choke no wh--e? 'Til the vocal chords don't work in her throat no more?"

Or maybe this one

Ain't no one safe from, non-believers there ain't none, even make the b----es I rape c--."

Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Oct 11, 17 19:20
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
drn92 wrote:
veganerd wrote:
BarryP wrote:
I'm just surprised that no one has pointed out the irony that Eminem is white and rap is black music. Hmmmm....think about it.

Mind...blown!

Even better is Snoop Dogg's reaction. On YouTube if you are so inclined ...

Your mind migh be blown again.

drn92
nice to know Eminem got a certified black card from snoop! Question though, Eminem has pretty much conquered the world, worth like $200 million or some ridiculous figure. Why the hell is he so pissed all the time, don't think I've ever seen the dude smile in any photos always faking like a hard ass all the time. Lightnen the hell a bit it's ok to smile once in a while.

He's probably "hangry" from that eating disorder. And he runs a lot. Like almost as much as people on ST. I mean isn't that why we are all so angry?

Also, he's 5'8". That's a shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I've also never proved that God doesn't exist. What's your point?

My point is that you're a goof for pretending that you have been engaged in defending the merits of Eminem's attack on Trump. You haven't.

No I didn't. I said it was unrelated.

You characterized it as talking about how other people in hip-hop talk about women. Except that's not factually true- Eminem talks about women that way.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I don't know anyone who pretends to hate child rape.

Do you, hypocrite?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You jumped to your own conclusion. So Eminem hasn't written anything promoting violence or is derogatory to women? "

There's a reason why I have you hidden (though obviously I peak every now and again).

This isn't fucking rocket science. YOU said he was using a GENRE of music that is associated with violence and bad toward women. Those are YOUR words that I responded to. Now you are moving the goalposts.

If you had originally said that HE raps about violence and women, you would have made a good point. BTW, how hard is it to say, "Barry, you're right. I should have said that its ironic because EMINEM raps about violence and women."

Good grief!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"My point is that you're a goof for pretending that you have been engaged in defending the merits of Eminem's attack on Trump. You haven't. "

This is your goto argument when you've run out of ideas. Since what I wrote was correct, you have to now assign some sort of meaning behind what I wrote to argue against.

Every. Fucking. Time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, this is your go to argument. Like, every time, in every conversation you get involved in here. Four pages later, you try to weasel your way out of the plain meaning of your words and claim you've been inexplicably misunderstood and your statements mischaracterized.

It's not us. It's you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who said this? Rick pointed out the "irony" of rhyming about Trump when other rhymers rhyme about bad things.

It implies that Eminem does not belong to the group of people who write lyrics that demean women and glorify violence. Do you dispute that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
You read several articles about this topic? Really? Your post strikes me as someone who is being willfully ignorant of a large segment of the US and world population.

I read several articles where the authors used terms like "torched" and "lethal" regarding his performance. They were all over yahoo news today.

I am willfully ignorant of rap music - I give you that. I've heard enough of it to know that I don't like it. There are plenty of other music forms that I am willfully ignorant of too.

My intent in posting the link was to also discuss the misuse of the superlatives used to describe his performance. It did go off on a tangent that I initiated, so I won't complain about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, to help you get back to your original point, the headlines are all getting increasingly click-baity. (Kinda like the LR in the last couple of weeks . . . )

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
No, this is your go to argument. Like, every time, in every conversation you get involved in here. Four pages later, you try to weasel your way out of the plain meaning of your words and claim you've been inexplicably misunderstood and your statements mischaracterized.

It's not us. It's you.

Copy and paste what I said that was wrong. Do it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Well, to help you get back to your original point, the headlines are all getting increasingly click-baity. (Kinda like the LR in the last couple of weeks . . . )

Yeah, I just read an online headline that said Eminem destroyed Donald Trump. Is this true? Can anyone confirm? Is Pence the new POTUS?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"Who said this? Rick pointed out the "irony" of rhyming about Trump when other rhymers rhyme about bad things.

It implies that Eminem does not belong to the group of people who write lyrics that demean women and glorify violence. Do you dispute that? "

You wrote:

"Also, isn't rap the art form that glorifies violence and shabby treatment of women? "

That fact that Eminem is a rapper doesn't mean that referencing "rap the art form" is actually referencing Eminem and only Eminem. You are talking about a large group of people. If it is, lets say, 1,000 rappers. 999 are not Eminem. Those 999 people have zero to do with anything Eminem wrote about Trump. There's nothing about that statement that implies that Eminem is not a rapper.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can scroll back and see what you wrote as easily as the rest of us.

Do so. Or don’t. Just stop bitching about how everyone misunderstands you. That bit was transparent the first time you trotted it out, and you’ve plumb worn it out since then.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:

Also, isn't rap the art form that glorifies violence and shabby treatment of women?

Then again, so does Shakespeare.

Quote:

Seems kind of ironic that their music contributes in some way to the problems that cause young black men to get arrested, but Trump is the problem.

Does music contribute to the problems or chronicle the problems? There's a causation vs. correlation problem in general trying to tie art to behavior.
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Yeah, I just read an online headline that said Eminem destroyed Donald Trump. Is this true? Can anyone confirm? Is Pence the new POTUS?

Figurative language is a rhetorical device. "Destroy" in this sense isn't to be taken literally.
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Eminem has pretty much conquered the world, worth like $200 million or some ridiculous figure. Why the hell is he so pissed all the time

Coming full circle, I'd argue that the same applies to Trump, who is apparently pissed all the time too. That's two pieces of evidence that massive wealth is not, in itself, a pathway to perpetual contentment.

They're both performance artists. They both know how to lay down a hook. They both know how to play a crowd. They both know the visceral appeal of self-righteous anger. They both crave the power of the microphone, the response of the crowd. The music, the moment, you own it.

Last edited by: trail: Oct 11, 17 21:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You can scroll back and see what you wrote as easily as the rest of us. "

Yes, I wrote a lot of things. What exactly did I write that was wrong?

Lets cut to the chase. I didn't write anything that was wrong, which is exactly why you point to anything. Yes, everyone here can scroll and see, which is why it baffles me that you try to claim that I wrote something that I didn't. Its all right here for everyone to read.

Lets just skip to the part where you say, "Harumpf. You're being ridiculous. I'm done with you."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
You read several articles about this topic? Really? Your post strikes me as someone who is being willfully ignorant of a large segment of the US and world population.

I read several articles where the authors used terms like "torched" and "lethal" regarding his performance. They were all over yahoo news today.

I am willfully ignorant of rap music - I give you that. I've heard enough of it to know that I don't like it. There are plenty of other music forms that I am willfully ignorant of too.

My intent in posting the link was to also discuss the misuse of the superlatives used to describe his performance. It did go off on a tangent that I initiated, so I won't complain about that.

See, there you go again. Willfully ignorant. I wasn't referencing your lack of knowledge of the rap form of music. You are choosing to marginalize that culture's perfectly acceptable use of superlatives. Why?

You know how I know you either have limited knowledge of rap music, a hard-on for lefty "gotcha" posts, or both? The vast majority of us read ONE article and what came to mind was "I thought Eminem was dead" and left it at that.
Quote Reply
Re: Eminem's "lethal Trump cypher" on BET [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
DJRed wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Figurative language is a rhetorical device. "Destroy" in this sense isn't to be taken literally.

Red follows Trump close enough to cup his balls. Pretty sure he understands what figurative, rhetorical, and isn't to be taken literally means.
Quote Reply

Prev Next