Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Apparently another story was in the works for some time

http://www.msn.com/...r-AAtgoOX?li=BBnb7Kz

Between this and Cosby it is almost as if powerful men in Hollywood have long taken advantage of young actresses and no one would call them on it out of fear of retaliation.

If only they had the good sense to never be alone with a woman they wouldn't be subject to these made up allegations.

What part of this is supposed to be in pink, my friend? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turns out he only raped 3 so thats ok............

Again, whatever you think should be in pink is entirely at the readers discretion
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

Between this and Cosby it is almost as if powerful men in Hollywood have long taken advantage of young actresses and no one would call them on it out of fear of retaliation.

If only they had the good sense to never be alone with a woman they wouldn't be subject to these made up allegations.

I don't do pink font. Only shirts. But all of it other than the story.

Any thought that this was just a couple people with an axe to grind is long gone. More and more name actresses are coming out.

You wish stories like this would be rare instances. But much like doping in cycling, I think they may well be the rule rather than the exception in these kind of situations.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cue the Claude Reins memes, Hillary "shocked and appalled"....

https://www.usatoday.com/...-scandals/745419001/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NY Post Editorial entitled, "No one knew about Harvey, Give me a break."

It has this funny, but sad, note:

Quote:
Not everyone knew? Tina Fey knew. Back in 2012, Fey’s sitcom “30 Rock” made direct reference. “I’m not afraid of anyone in show business,” Jane Krakowski’s character said. “I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions . . . out of five.”

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newsflash! Hollywood exec takes sexual advantage of young starlets!

Also, dog bites man!

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:

Quote:
Not everyone knew? Tina Fey knew. Back in 2012, Fey’s sitcom “30 Rock” made direct reference. “I’m not afraid of anyone in show business,” Jane Krakowski’s character said. “I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions . . . out of five.”

Thats a pretty obvious joke about the culture of hollywood, i wouldnt be so sure that is was a reference to anything known about him by tina fey.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
H- wrote:

Quote:

Thats a pretty obvious joke about the culture of hollywood, i wouldnt be so sure that is was a reference to anything known about him by tina fey.

Not sure about that. The joke is in fact good comedy because it relates to reality. The line is useless if the name is something other than a known person.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
veganerd wrote:
H- wrote:

Quote:

Not sure about that. The joke is in fact good comedy because it relates to reality. The line is useless if the name is something other than a known person.

You didnt disagree with anything i said.

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
veganerd wrote:
H- wrote:

Quote:

I didn't agree with your use of double negatives.
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

I don't do pink font. Only shirts. But all of it other than the story.

Any thought that this was just a couple people with an axe to grind is long gone. More and more name actresses are coming out.

You wish stories like this would be rare instances. But much like doping in cycling, I think they may well be the rule rather than the exception in these kind of situations.

Definitely the rule rather than the exception. But people will do almost anything for the promise of fortune and fame, sad to say.

Hollywood's been a cesspit of this stuff going back to the silent movie era. Many of the original studio moguls, such as Jack Warner, were by most accounts, not nice men.

Former child and teen A-list actor Corey Feldman has implied several times that both he and his fellow Corey (Haim) were ill-used and passed around by various studio execs back in the day. There have also been plenty of stories of young child actors treated so. And the Tinseltown casting couch phenomenon is a real thing, judging by all the revelations that have been published in the past and the present.

Sometimes, it makes one wonder why we'd enable that culture by paying to see their product. Does that make all of us complicit in their unethical, and possibly criminal, behavior?

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
veganerd wrote:
H- wrote:

Quote:

I didn't agree with your use of double negatives.

Cool, let me know where i used them

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny. I often read Hollywood articles that paint a picture of all these things happening in "Hollywood's sorid past", but the implication is that's all different now. Part of Hollywood's politcal appeal is how much more evolved they are than the rest of us.

Anyway, the net result of these all-too-human stories is that -- even though it's not related -- I always come away much more fearful of all the power we've given the gov't.
Last edited by: SH: Oct 10, 17 14:25
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
It's funny. I often read Hollywood articles that paint a picture of all these things happening in "Hollywood's sorid past", but the implication is that's all different now. Part of Hollywood's politcal appeal is how much more evolved they are than the rest of us.

Anyway, the net result of these all-too-human stories is that -- even though it's not related -- I always come away much more fearful of all the power we've given the gov't.

Trusting Hollywood -- and the entertainment business in general -- to police itself is like trusting the government to police itself.

I guess this guy has more women running around packing non-disclosure agreements, after he settled with them, than the Dallas Cowboys have haters. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another one...

http://www.businessinsider.com/...od-executive-2017-10

That's one ugly chick, though!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hollywood's been a cesspit of this stuff going back to the silent movie era. Many of the original studio moguls, such as Jack Warner, were by most accounts, not nice men.
. . . .

Sometimes, it makes one wonder why we'd enable that culture by paying to see their product. Does that make all of us complicit in their unethical, and possibly criminal, behavior?

Ok now, get of your high horse. Cesspits can be found wherever you find people with power. And people without power for that matter.

Or am I missing something? Has there ever been a human institution that did not have a cesspit component?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Yet Trump is a New Yorker and SNL has no problems parodying him. So Mr. Michaels excuse, reasoning doesn't hold a lot of water. Lorne Michaels is a checkshit, plain and simple.

Yoseff, what is a "checkshit?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Fixed it now?

So because of an avalanche of allegations, are you convinced that he did ALL of the things that he recently has been accused of doing?
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [xsive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xsive wrote:
j p o wrote:

Fixed it now?

So because of an avalanche of allegations, are you convinced that he did ALL of the things that he recently has been accused of doing?

I am listening!
Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [xsive] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xsive wrote:
j p o wrote:

Fixed it now?

Have you listened to the tape? If not, do that and come back.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lets see;

It turns out that childrens entertainers were a hiding place in plain sight for paedophiles

It turns out that coaches in;

Premier league clubs

UsA swimming and gymnastics - i am sure it was far more international as one of my swim coaches as a child was done for an unhealthy interest in kids

Were hiding places for paedophiles

It turns out that men in powerful positions; tv execs, presenters and producers absue their positions of power over the powerless; women and children

The interesting one so far is brad pitts supposed response to paltrows experience

Weinsteins wife has finally left him. Day late and dollar short
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
. . . .

Ok now, get of your high horse. Cesspits can be found wherever you find people with power. And people without power for that matter.

Or am I missing something? Has there ever been a human institution that did not have a cesspit component?

Ummmmmm... the Lavender Room? ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Another one...

http://www.businessinsider.com/...od-executive-2017-10

That's one ugly chick, though!

Not Camacho! Say it ain't so, Harv! ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Lets see;

It turns out that childrens entertainers were a hiding place in plain sight for paedophiles

Premier league clubs

UsA swimming and gymnastics - i am sure it was far more international as one of my swim coaches as a child was done for an unhealthy interest in kids

It turns out that men in powerful positions; tv execs, presenters and producers absue their positions of power over the powerless; women and children

The interesting one so far is brad pitts supposed response to paltrows experience

Yeah, Mr. Fight Club would no doubt have knocked Weinstein on his fat a$$. He was just as powerful as the Miramax/Weinstein Company head at the time, is my guess, and so the bully backed down.

Quote Reply
Re: Serial Sex Predators of Hollywood: Time to Add Harvey "Miramax" Weinstein [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Lets see;

Premier league clubs

Following the PR crisis management playbook to the letter, Pervy McPervyson is now headed off to sex addiction rehab. ;-)

Harvey Weinstein Flying to Europe Tonight for Sex Addiction Rehab | TMZ.com

Quote Reply

Prev Next