Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Oh. I was unaware of Trump’s statements. I don’t use Twitter.

He didn't say it on Twitter.

I call BS on that story. Your's holds up worse than the guy from the Steelers.

Or it is possible you are spouting off on something you know nothing about. But you never do that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, as I was typing that, I realized there are 19 trillion people who use twitter, so not technically unusable. I might just be old. But it's seriously not user friendly. The layout sucks. Not sure how they managed to make 140 character missives hard to follow, but they did.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what did he say?

I’m spouting off my n what I saw that was posted here.

I don’t twitter of Facebook, don’t have cable, and I stopped listening to talk radio.

I seriously have no idea what trump said about this.

Did he suggest players light themselves on fire?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried Twitter.. It usualy just ends up being a huge add fest of thing retweeted and annoyed me. Kind of like on FB but cant figure out why I am not annoyed by that on FB...
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He said the NFL owners should fire those son of a bitches that wont stand for the anthem. Then spouted off on how the NFL ratings have dropped becasue of it. Just usual food to from Trump to give the media something to be outraged about.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
He said the NFL owners should fire those son of a bitches that wont stand for the anthem. Then spouted off on how the NFL ratings have dropped becasue of it. Just usual food to from Trump to give the media something to be outraged about.

So nothing about players lighting themselves on fire?

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Sep 26, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. Sorry to disappoint.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Yeah, as I was typing that, I realized there are 19 trillion people who use twitter, so not technically unusable. I might just be old. But it's seriously not user friendly. The layout sucks. Not sure how they managed to make 140 character missives hard to follow, but they did.

I think I hate it because it does what all media is good at and that is taking a brief statement and removing all context.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Last edited by: TheRef65: Sep 26, 17 8:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
So what did he say?

I don’t twitter of Facebook, don’t have cable, and I stopped listening to talk radio.

If only you had a device nearby that you could access to view the news and recent events.

Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
So what did he say?

If only you had a device nearby that you could access to view the news and recent events.

I’ve tuned out for the most part.

On purpose.

Willful ignorance, if you will.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There has to meme out there of the NFL players kneeling before Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like they are doing a fine job at protesting since you can't seem to keep it off your mind.

They are doing something less than a minute long in a 3+ hour event. Something that usually isn't even shown on TV because nobody even cares cares to watch. Yet, you just can't take your eyes off it.
Last edited by: FishyJoe: Sep 26, 17 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
trail wrote:
Were those meant for Duffy?

They are meant for any of the people upset by these protests.
BTW, Dallas players knelt before the anthem yesterday then stood up for the anthem. Still the boos rained down.
So maybe, just maybe, people aren't really upset about the "disrespect" to the anthem and military after all.
But that's what they tell themselves to make it feel more acceptable.

Or maybe, just maybe, they're not stupid and they know this whole thing originated around the gesture of showing disrespect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 The 1st Amendment does not and never will apply to private employers. Also, the NFL owners have prohibited all kinds of expression.

Last year the Dallas Cowboys were prohibited from honoring murdered cops with police decals.

Avery Williams wanted to wear a patch that said “never forget” to honor 9/11 but the NFL would not let him to wear it.

How in the world was it possible for the NFL to let Colin Kaepernick begin this protest is beyond reason? Unless the NFL is just bias to a progressive agenda.

According to NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy. There is a game operations manual it is distributed by the league to all of its member teams and it says:

Another NFL spokesman, Joe Lockhart, said during a conference call with reporterson Sept. 25 that "there will be no discipline handed down this week." He added, "We also believe our players have a right to express themselves."

Which contradicts the manual and past history! Of course this is FUBAR this went fom a protest built on by a lie, to now a protest over a stupid tweet. What will the next left leaning agenda to protest the National Anthem be?
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
Seems like they are doing a fine job at protesting since you can't seem to keep it off your mind.

They are doing something less than a minute long in a 3+ hour event. Something that usually isn't even shown on TV because nobody even cares cares to watch. Yet, you just can't take your eyes off it.

I haven’t watched a football game since last year’s super bowl.

Also, i have no idea what it is these guys are protesting.

Can anyone explain it?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are protesting the racial divide.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

Oh. Well then I’m on their side. I don’t like racial division.

I’ll take a knee at my job.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:

I haven’t watched a football game since last year’s super bowl.

Also, i have no idea what it is these guys are protesting.

Can anyone explain it?

Don't really care. I never watch the anthem like 99.9% of people watching on TV. My biggest concern is getting a cold one from the fridge.

But the complainers are doing a fine job of bringing attention to whatever they are protesting I think. Otherwise it would have been almost completely ignored by now.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

But the complainers are doing a fine job of bringing attention to whatever they are protesting I think.

lol. Do you really think so?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Oh. Well then I’m on their side. I don’t like racial division.

I’ll take a knee at my job.

In JSA's fantasy you are on both knees.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

But the complainers are doing a fine job of bringing attention to whatever they are protesting I think.

lol. Do you really think so?

Yes, because if we didn't have the asshat complainers, nobody would even know there was a protest at all.
Quote Reply
Re: I propose a really effective protest idea for those poor downtrodden NFL players.... [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
There is no form of protest acceptable to those who are comfortable the way things are.

This x1000

"I don't grasp the problem, so it must not be real. Therefore, anyone protesting must be wrong/stupid/whining/etc. It's the only answer that makes sense."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

x2.

9 separate posts about the NFL, kneeling etc on the first page.
Last edited by: WelshinPhilly: Sep 26, 17 10:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:

Like a monk on fire?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey look folks, Duffy just wants more people to use gasoline. Government approved gasoline.
Quote Reply

Prev Next