Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon
Quote | Reply
So let's white board the problem.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Fantastic idea! I think we should have a brainstorming session, gather data and then come up with a scatter plot so that we can correctly identify the paradigm shift that's obviously occurring.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

"Parking lot."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After reading through these threads, I am so glad that I have never had a job that involved an office, a desk, or sitting in front of a computer.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
After reading through these threads, I am so glad that I have never had a job that involved an office, a desk, or sitting in front of a computer.

You're a better man for not having experienced it, believe me. "Soul-sucking" is one way to describe what goes on. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Fantastic idea! I think we should have a brainstorming session, gather data and then come up with a scatter plot so that we can correctly identify the paradigm shift that's obviously occurring.

Surely you jest. Today's offices have "ideation" sessions and leverage "imagency." Get with the times, old man!

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you at least employ 'Best practices' at your business?
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drew_235 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Surely you jest. Today's offices have "ideation" sessions and leverage "imagency." Get with the times, old man!

Hahahahahaha! The only context in which I've personally ever heard the word "ideation" is when evaluating suicidal patients. "Suicidal ideation" was written all over their emergency treatment records.

As far as "imagency," wasn't that some sort of second sight or visionary power in the Harry Potter books? ;-)

I'm so glad I'm behind the times these days. LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drew_235 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Yes and everyone's input will be considered. No idea is too big , too small. It takes a village

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

If we're going to execute this strategy we need to be strategic and tactical. We want to make sure we're doing the right things.
Quote Reply
Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [jimmy d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimmy d wrote:

I am my business, so, I'll employ whatever practices I want :-).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
drew_235 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Yes and everyone's input will be considered. No idea is too big , too small. It takes a village

It takes a village of idiots, you mean. To leverage our platforms. ;-)

Last edited by: big kahuna: Sep 3, 17 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jimmy d wrote:

Sounds like your company needs a diversity program.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jimmy d wrote:

I'm reaching out to the EEOC about this, even as we speak. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jimmy d wrote:

I'll run that up the chain of command.

hmmm... nope. We're good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you made a binary choice.

Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Sounds like you made a binary choice.

Maybe so, but the synergies that'll result will be really scalable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to noodle that for a tick.

Re: Seems like a lot LR people don't like their industry jargon [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
I need to noodle that for a tick.

Here's a pack of yellow Post-It notes to help you organize your train of thought.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jimmy d wrote:

He definitely doesn't have the proper signage in his break room. I highly doubt he has the 20 + fair whatever posters hanging up

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jimmy d wrote:

He definitely doesn't have the proper signage in his break room. I highly doubt he has the 20 + fair whatever posters hanging up

Definitely. He sounds to me like one of those Theory X managers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Leddy wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
jimmy d wrote:

Break room?

Hell, what's a break?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The time between the lumber yard and work site. You should have said signage in your truck.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
The time between the lumber yard and work site. You should have said signage in your truck.

I may need a bigger truck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team,

I really like the energy of this discussion, but we appear to be pulling on a lot of threads here. Let's make sure we can commercialize any strategy we develop, and at the end of the day we need to stick to our knitting and fish where the fish are going forward.

drn92
Quote Reply

Prev Next