Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:
The only time I use Zwift is if I have something on the schedule that's just time in the saddle. ie - easy 3-4 hour ride and the weather is just too horrible to be safely ride outside

Aside from that, if I'm going to workout on a trainer - I'm going to do a specific set and be done with it. Which is TrainerRoad does a much better job IMO.
Zwift does have an editor which allows you to set up your own workouts with whatever intervals you want, and those can then control erg mode.

The user interface is sort of irritating - it tries to get you riding right away -- and it would be nice if you could just log in and go edit things more easily. But dig around, the option is there.

The workout library is much smaller...and my coach puts workouts into trainerroad
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's incredibly easy to create your own workouts in zwift using a basic text editor instead of within the app. If you need more information send me PM. I have a spreadsheet that will output a custom .zwo file

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Aug 17, 17 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
It's incredibly easy to create your own workouts in zwift using a basic text editor instead of within the app. If you need more information send me PM. I have a spreadsheet that will output a custom .zwo file

Point is, I don't want to create my own custom workout. I want to use the 1000s that are available in trainerroad or the one my coach built for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
Callin' wrote:

Point is, I don't want to create my own custom workout. I want to use the 1000s that are available in trainerroad or the one my coach built for me.

and that's one of the huge advantages trainerroad has. their extension workouts and they're always updating or adding new ones. I've started looking at perfpro. which has lots of different workouts from different sources. not quite the same as having one trusted source such as trainerroad. I'll have to give zwift a shot again this winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just started doing the races and I think they are damn fun. I have never ridden indoors in the summer til I started on Zwift. Now I prefer it sometimes.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:
Callin' wrote:

and that's one of the huge advantages trainerroad has. their extension workouts and they're always updating or adding new ones. I've started looking at perfpro. which has lots of different workouts from different sources. not quite the same as having one trusted source such as trainerroad. I'll have to give zwift a shot again this winter.

Their library is so expansive that I honestly have never built a custom workout. There is always been one that was 99% of what my workout was. My coach puts some custom ones in there when prepping for something specific, but even he will just often assign an already existing one.

The other issue I have with Zwift is how it interacts with smart trainers that require calibration. On Trainerroad I just hit pause and calibrate. I still can't quite figure out how to do the calibration with Zwift is running and often end up spending 5 minutes fiddling around with logging in and out and other nonsense I don't have time for
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
I still can't quite figure out how to do the calibration with Zwift is running and often end up spending 5 minutes fiddling around with logging in and out and other nonsense I don't have time for

It's now in-game. Explained in under one minute here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN-YWZwAdu4

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:
I still can't quite figure out how to do the calibration with Zwift is running and often end up spending 5 minutes fiddling around with logging in and out and other nonsense I don't have time for

It's now in-game. Explained in under one minute here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN-YWZwAdu4

Excellent! That will make it easier when I do use it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
Callin' wrote:

I know Training Peaks will now export to the .zwo Zwift format, if your coach uses that, just as another option.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:
Callin' wrote:

I know Training Peaks will now export to the .zwo Zwift format, if your coach uses that, just as another option.

Also good to know! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift what am I missing?? [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love Zwift, I use it with a Tacx Neo. The races are fun, and can be really hard. The routes on Watopia are challenging, and I can be home with my kids.
Quote Reply

Prev Next