Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Yep. Point proven.

I knew you'd come around.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Damn. I've fucked up my ribs a few times. Painful.

This evens out my rib cage. On the positive side, it's about the best injury to have. Doesn't really interfere with anything except exercise. (Deadlifts are a no go, btw. You can pick it up, but you can't put it down.)

Sneezing and hiccups are kind of a bitch, but whatever.

So you coming to train or what? :)

Eventually.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. You are a troll. I love feeding you though.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

Damn. I've fucked up my ribs a few times. Painful.

This evens out my rib cage. On the positive side, it's about the best injury to have. Doesn't really interfere with anything except exercise. (Deadlifts are a no go, btw. You can pick it up, but you can't put it down.)

Sneezing and hiccups are kind of a bitch, but whatever.

So you coming to train or what? :)

Eventually.

Sounds like a pretty mild case. I've strained/torn the intercostals a few times. The first time I did it I felt some discomfort and, like you said, sneezing was problematic. I ignored the pain, kept training and promptly tore the muscle. Standing up or laying down became a minutes long process. I sneezed once and it dropped me. I made sure I didn't sneeze again for a couple months.

The other two times I did it I paid attention to the mild pain and refrained from any hard rolls for 6 weeks.

Get better. Be patient.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a pretty mild case.

Totally. As long as I exhale while sitting up, I'm all good. First time was much worse.

If my work schedule allowed, I could be back on the mat in 4 weeks. But it doesn't, waaaaaaaaa.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Also, she does look like a lesbian...

Enlighten us, what is the "lesbian look"? I thought lesbians were a pretty diverse bunch, kind of like straight men & women, running the gamut with interests and styles. Guess I better tell the gay folks I know that they have a certain look to uphold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sneezed once and it dropped me. I made sure I didn't sneeze again for a couple months.

I used to wrestle and once tore an inter-costal muscle and there was no way I could continue wrestling. It was hard enough sitting up straight.

I also broke 12 ribs once and carried around a coughing cushion for about a month. Ribs are not to be messed with.

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Enlighten us, what is the "lesbian look"?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nonsense. Lesbians, like everyone else, dress and modify their appearance to proclaim their identity.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course people modify their appearance to proclaim an identity, but it's preposterous to claim that there's a universal "lesbian look." But you know that already.

vitus979 wrote:
Nonsense. Lesbians, like everyone else, dress and modify their appearance to proclaim their identity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's preposterous to claim that there's a universal "lesbian look." But you know that already.

True. There are as many as three, perhaps even four "lesbian looks."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Also, she does look like a lesbian...

Enlighten us, what is the "lesbian look"? I thought lesbians were a pretty diverse bunch, kind of like straight men & women, running the gamut with interests and styles. Guess I better tell the gay folks I know that they have a certain look to uphold.

TheForge .......

She looks exactly like theForge.

Only she has smaller boobs and skinnier thighs.
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: Aug 3, 17 14:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume when you say 3-4 you're referring to just the style preferences in your own family?

vitus979 wrote:
it's preposterous to claim that there's a universal "lesbian look." But you know that already.

True. There are as many as three, perhaps even four "lesbian looks."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh huh.

Tell me, when was the last time you needed to be told a chick was a lesbian?

Get over your progressive dogma.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dogma? I don't think you know what that word means.

I've been surprised several times, by both gay men I thought were straight and lesbians I thought were straight, and vice versa. But I suppose you'd actually have to know a few actual people and some gay people to have that experience.

vitus979 wrote:
Uh huh.

Tell me, when was the last time you needed to be told a chick was a lesbian?

Get over your progressive dogma.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dogma? I don't think you know what that word means.

lol!

I've been surprised several times, by both gay men I thought were straight and lesbians I thought were straight, and vice versa.

Sorry to be blunt, but I don't believe you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never claimed there was a universal lesbian look. I just said that this particular person looks to me like she is a lesbian.

I mean come on, man. How far off the mark am I really?

MidwestRoadie wrote:
Of course people modify their appearance to proclaim an identity, but it's preposterous to claim that there's a universal "lesbian look." But you know that already.

vitus979 wrote:

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please visit me in Dallas. I will introduce you to the many members of the LGBTQ community I am friends with. Your mind will be blown by all the things you appear not to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She looks to me like someone who's not feminine. That doesn't mean a person is lesbian. I've known plenty of women who work with their hands in dirt, grease, muck, farms, etc. who don't look dissimilar from that and are definitely not lesbian. And I've known dainty women who are gay. To say "she looks like a lesbian" is to suggest that someone with this look is more likely to be a lesbian. But, really, if she were, would it matter? That's really not germane to the topic of whether or not she'd make a good legislator and an improvement over who represents her district. It is, however, likely the kind of low, childish blow she'll face from her opposition.

Duffy wrote:
I never claimed there was a universal lesbian look. I just said that this particular person looks to me like she is a lesbian.

I mean come on, man. How far off the mark am I really?

MidwestRoadie wrote:

vitus979 wrote:
Last edited by: MidwestRoadie: Aug 3, 17 14:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're wasting your time arguing with someone who has no intention of making any sense. Duffy had some time off, and so now he's jumping back in feet first to make up for lost douchebag time.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I've been surprised several times, by both gay men I thought were straight and lesbians I thought were straight, and vice versa.

Sorry to be blunt, but I don't believe you.

I don't think I'll lose any sleep tonight knowing that some blowhard on the internet's best defense is "I don't believe you."
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are correct about that. I made the mistake of thinking he was a little neutered. This thread has proven otherwise. Not that I should be surprised, but F me for falling back into the same type of cesspool. Nobody to blame but me for that.

slowguy wrote:
You're wasting your time arguing with someone who has no intention of making any sense. Duffy had some time off, and so now he's jumping back in feet first to make up for lost douchebag time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm gratified by the knowledge I haven't disrupted your sleep.

Sleep is more important than people know.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
To say "she looks like a lesbian" is to suggest that someone with this look is more likely to be a lesbian.

Yes, that's basically what I'm saying. More specifically, someone with this look is more likely to be percieved as a lesbian.

Quote:
But, really, if she were, would it matter?

To me? No.

To a large contingent of Kentucky voters? Probably.

And that is, and always has been, my whole fucking point.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, so that's why you lobbed that grenade. A training exercise for everyone's benefit?

That's a weird fucking way to attempt to make your point. Or a weird way to cover your tracks afterward. I'll take your word that it was what you say it was, but it sure as hell wasn't clear to anyone but you.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:
To say "she looks like a lesbian" is to suggest that someone with this look is more likely to be a lesbian.

Yes, that's basically what I'm saying. More specifically, someone with this look is more likely to be percieved as a lesbian.

Quote:
But, really, if she were, would it matter?

To me? No.

To a large contingent of Kentucky voters? Probably.

And that is, and always has been, my whole fucking point.
Quote Reply

Prev Next