Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Oh yeah, there's no way a gnarly lesbian democrat wins in Kentucky either.

Must have been so hard for her to have been married to a Republican dude for 13 years and had three children.

I can't imagine the struggles "she" must have endured.

For the life of me I cannot imagine why you would ever need to delete any of your posts.

For the life of me I can't get myself all in a lather over some stupid political ad.

Bunch of lemmings around here.

Really? Two minutes of jets landing and "I'm a woman!!!!" is all it takes?

What she says referring to any actual policy is just an out and out lie.

I flew planes! I'm a gurrrl! Republicans want you to die!!!

Are you all really this easily manipulated by cool imagery?

Sad.

I said fuckall about the ad or the candidate. My response was to you and your posts. And I'm not in a lather about those either.

I was just noting that you only have to go back and delete posts when you say shit like first calling her a lesbian and then heavily implying that she either was a man or is too manly for women.

I didn't say a thing about her manliness. Interesting that you brought up her manliness.

I rest my case.

"she"

Really? That is your weak ass dodge? You could be the next Trump communication director. You might even last 7 days.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in other words you can't find any actual cuts in Medicare.

thanks.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I give you this.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:
However, many would lose coverage because of the terms of the bill. These include cuts to Medicaid, barring pre-existing conditions, premiums becoming prohibitively expensive for older people.

Show me a bill that has been passed, or even voted on, where the above is true.

Oh, a story in the politico that characterizes the bill to bolster D talking points!

Well that settles it. You got me there.

Let's just do this...

...it's claimed that there are Medicare cuts. How much did we spend on Medicare in 2016 and, according to the bill how much would be spent in, say, 2020? Is it more money or less money?

The Frank Luntz is strong with this one.

(And no, that sure the hell isn't a compliment.)
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You could be the next Trump communication director. You might even last 7 days.

I wouldn't last 7 minutes.

But it would be a fun fucking 7 minutes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I give you this.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:
However, many would lose coverage because of the terms of the bill. These include cuts to Medicaid, barring pre-existing conditions, premiums becoming prohibitively expensive for older people.

Show me a bill that has been passed, or even voted on, where the above is true.

Oh, a story in the politico that characterizes the bill to bolster D talking points!

Well that settles it. You got me there.

Let's just do this...

...it's claimed that there are Medicare cuts. How much did we spend on Medicare in 2016 and, according to the bill how much would be spent in, say, 2020? Is it more money or less money?

That bill that MidWest and I both cited would have phased out the Obamacare Medicaid expansion.

Here is a fairly independent assessment of the bill:
http://www.nbcnews.com/...t-won-t-work-n730361

But again, show me a bill where 100% of those would no longer be covered, would be choosing not to have healthcare cover? Because THAT was your main point in calling her a liar. Trouble is, your point is not true.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give you the challenge then.

How much was spent on Medicare in 2016 and how much was proposed to be spent under this bill? Is the proposed spending less than or more than the 2016 level?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other words, you're being petulant. No matter what you're shown in these things, you stand by like a toddler with your hands on your hips saying, "Nope, I don't believe it." And the sad part about it is you're actually smarter than that. I know where this is going with you, so why bother to spend time pulling the numbers?

Duffy wrote:
So in other words you can't find any actual cuts in Medicare.

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I know where this is going...

...to the conclusion that there are no proposed cuts in Medicare funding.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
That bill that MidWest and I both cited would have phased out the Obamacare Medicaid expansion.

Right. There has been proposed increases in Medicare spending. Those propsed increases are being phased out and you guys are calling it a "cut" when in actuality the amount of money spent on Medicare will continue to increase for as far as the eye can see, just as much as Obama wanted it to.

That's not a fucking cut.

Again, I ask you, how much money was spent on Medicare in 2016 and how will be spent in 2020?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
I know where this is going...

...to the conclusion that there are no proposed cuts in Medicare funding.

Why are you obsessing about Medicare numbers? First of all it is Medicaid increases that the bill would phase out. Second, this is only a part of the reason many would no longer be able to afford or have healthcare. There are many other reasons.

"...the bill radically reforms Medicaid and phases out the ACA’s expansion of the program by 2020, which covered 11 million people according to the Kaiser Foundation, while grandfathering in some existing recipients. The Republican plan would transform Medicaid so that the government would pay states a fixed amount for each person enrolled rather than an open-ended commitment. These changes could potentially force states to offer less far-reaching programs over time."

And I'm not arguing in favor or against any bills. I'm just calling you out on your BS statement that she is lying because you claim the only people who would lose healthcare cover under the Republican plan are those who would chose to drop coverage (happily).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
[

For the life of me I can't get myself all in a lather over some stupid political ad.

Bunch of lemmings around here.

Really? Two minutes of jets landing and "I'm a woman!!!!" is all it takes?

What she says referring to any actual policy is just an out and out lie.

I flew planes! I'm a gurrrl! Republicans want you to die!!!

Are you all really this easily manipulated by cool imagery?

Sad.

It is ironic though that her ad is about overcoming being main-splained by old white men what she can and can't do in life. Which she pretty much gave them the middle finger and accomplished what she wanted anyway.

Then a bunch of old white guys in the LR come and man-splain what she can and can't do. And then make all sorts of comments about her physical appearance and possible sexual preferences like 12-year-old boys.

She didn't "fly a plane." She's a highly decorated Marine F-18 pilot. That's really damned cool, and was something unthinkable for a woman just 20 years ago. You can disagree with her politics, but this is a remarkable woman, and exemplifies the ideal of American merit-based self-determination.

You have no credibility in your arguments. You're just flinging around random emotional tantrums with little basis in rational thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Right. There has been proposed increases in Medicare spending. Those propsed increases are being phased out and you guys are calling it a "cut" when in actuality the amount of money spent on Medicare will continue to increase for as far as the eye can see, just as much as Obama wanted it to.

That's not a fucking cut.

Again, I ask you, how much money was spent on Medicare in 2016 and how will be spent in 2020?

The argument is not if more money will be spent on Medicaid in 2020 vs 2016. The answer is yes whether under ACA or the Republican House bill. But that does not win you your argument, so you might as well get off that soapbox. On this specific point, the ACA includes a much bigger increase in Medicaid benefits, allowing many elderly patients affordable healthcare that they will not be able to afford under the much more modest increases in Medicaid under the Republican bill. Ergo, they will lose health coverage and not by choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm "obsessing" about Medicare cuts because it seems to "common knowledge" that there are actual cuts when there are not any fucking cuts.

That serves as one of the basis for the huge lie that is being foisted upon us.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mansplained?

You're pathetic.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ACA defenders seem to understand the concept of slowing the rate of growth versus rate reduction, when it came to the ACA's promised effects on health insurance premiums. GOP budgeting, not so much.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Says the troll from under the bridge.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Says the troll from under the bridge.

Say something tibbs disagrees with = troll.

Got it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The latest incarnation of Tibbs is diminished.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When are you gonna come train with us?!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No your weird back track on questioning her sexuality did. Now it could have been your weird way of arguing against gender reassignment which is another troll tactic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diminished? When have I ever been inished?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, never.

I found a gym up here in Idaho, signed me and my 14 year old up, lasted a few weeks and injured my ribs. Then started a job with a schedule that basically never allows for training.

FML.

(Pity party by invite only.)

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
No your weird back track on questioning her sexuality did. Now it could have been your weird way of arguing against gender reassignment which is another troll tactic.

I said nothing about gender reassignment.

Also, she does look like a lesbian, and wouldn't surprise me if she was. For the record, I personally know several lesbians that have kids, two of them were married to men. Given the policy of gays in the military during her tenure she could not be "out".

Her look and demeanor (of a lesbian) will hurt her in a place like Kentucky. That's an insult of the Kentucky voters, not the lady pilot.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Point proven.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Dude, never.

I found a gym up here in Idaho, signed me and my 14 year old up, lasted a few weeks and injured my ribs. Then started a job with a schedule that basically never allows for training.

FML.

(Pity party by invite only.)

Damn. I've fucked up my ribs a few times. Painful.

So you coming to train or what? :)

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next