Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Well, almost 50% of those who voted elected a man completely devoid of policy knowledge and who repeatedly lied.

Wrong again. Obama got over 50% of the votes. Twice!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh boy...

I can't even respond.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then don't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on -- you know that's an untruthful use of semantics. Technically speaking, everyone has access to health care. Technically speaking, I have access to purchase Apple or Microsoft.

It's just a matter of having the money to do it, right?

I heard this BS argument when ACA was first passed -- "people had access to health care before, all they had to do was go to the ER." While technically true on one front, it's bullshit. If I'm dirt poor, have no insurance, and break my arm, I could go to the ER, have it set, etc. and they have to take care of it. They're still going to bill me and if I can't afford it my credit is shot, unless they're merciful and write it off (driving up the costs for everyone else in the process...). If I need follow up care, physical therapy, etc., they're not even going to book the appointment without ability to pay.

But that again gets back to my initial point -- anyone who argues for ACA as the answer or repealing and replacing ACA as the answer is being 100% disingenuous. At least her claim has truth to it and I'd bet with her background & perspective she'd be more amenable to an actual solution to the root problem than the vast majority of the lot in D.C.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:
If ACA is repealed, those are the ones who would lose access to coverage...

Even if that were true (it isn't), lack of health insurance does not mean you lose access to health care.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At least her claim has truth to it and I'd bet with her background & perspective she'd be more amenable to an actual solution to the root problem

And that's the real reason she has no chance.

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
At least her claim has truth to it

No, it doesn't.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Oh yeah, there's no way a gnarly lesbian democrat wins in Kentucky either.

Must have been so hard for her to have been married to a Republican dude for 13 years and had three children.

I can't imagine the struggles "she" must have endured.

For the life of me I cannot imagine why you would ever need to delete any of your posts.

For the life of me I can't get myself all in a lather over some stupid political ad.

Bunch of lemmings around here.

Really? Two minutes of jets landing and "I'm a woman!!!!" is all it takes?

What she says referring to any actual policy is just an out and out lie.

I flew planes! I'm a gurrrl! Republicans want you to die!!!

Are you all really this easily manipulated by cool imagery?

Sad.

I said fuckall about the ad or the candidate. My response was to you and your posts. And I'm not in a lather about those either.

I was just noting that you only have to go back and delete posts when you say shit like first calling her a lesbian and then heavily implying that she either was a man or is too manly for women.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can say "no it doesn't" all you want, but I showed you where it does. Your "no it doesn't" here reminds me of my 3 year old when she's caught red handed and can only say "no, I didn't!".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Must have been so hard for her to have been married to a Republican dude for 13 years and had three children.

For the life of me I cannot imagine why you would ever need to delete any of your posts.

For the life of me I can't get myself all in a lather over some stupid political ad.

Sad.

This.

If you are a Canuck that engages in gratuitous bashing of the US, you are probably on my Iggy List. So, save your self a bunch of typing a response unless you also feel the need to gratuitously bash me. If so, have fun.
"Don't underestimate Joe's ability to f___ things up" - Barack Obama, 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My faith in US politics, which reached a nadir in the past 6 months, has been resurrected by this ad.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
My faith in US politics, which reached a nadir in the past 6 months, has been resurrected by this ad.

Pink?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Sad.

I said fuckall about the ad or the candidate. My response was to you and your posts. And I'm not in a lather about those either.

I was just noting that you only have to go back and delete posts when you say shit like first calling her a lesbian and then heavily implying that she either was a man or is too manly for women.

I didn't say a thing about her manliness. Interesting that you brought up her manliness.

I rest my case.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

Pink?

Why would you think it was sarcasm?

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

Pink?

Why would you think it was sarcasm?

So a competently produced 2 minute political tv spot can have that profound an effect on you?

Wow.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Sad.

I didn't say a thing about her manliness. Interesting that you brought up her manliness.

I rest my case.

Sure, because when you say this...

"I can't imagine the struggles "she" must have endured"

...you certainly weren't suggesting anything about her manliness or femininity. While you were gone, did you attend the BarryP School of Bullshit?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Sad.

I rest my case.

...you certainly weren't suggesting anything about her manliness or femininity. While you were gone, did you attend the BarryP School of Bullshit?

I put "she" in quotes because that's my assumption of "her" gender. Others might want to identify her differently (like jpo did). I wouldn't want to impose my gender assignment of "her" onto anyone else.

Try to keep up.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I rest my case.

I put "she" in quotes because that's my assumption of "her" gender. Others might want to identify her differently (like jpo did). I wouldn't want to impose my gender assignment of "her" onto anyone else.

Try to keep up.[/quote]
Uh, huh. Just like Barry was very careful to never explicitly call anyone a racist.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
When this claim is made one these two things are true (and possibly both)...

1. The person saying it thinks you're stupid.

2. The person saying it is stupid.

It is estimated that 20 million people will choose not to buy health insurance if they were not forced to purchase it.

From that we he the statement "republicans want to take away healthCARE from 20 million people.

It is one of the most insidious and Orwellian type of lies I can think of.

I guess the irony is lost on you that you accuse her of intellectual dishonesty and then you do the exact same thing. Of the 20 million or so who are predicted to "lose" healthcare coverage under "Trumpcare" yes, many would do so because they would opt out. However, many would lose coverage because of the terms of the bill. These include cuts to Medicaid, barring pre-existing conditions, premiums becoming prohibitively expensive for older people. But carry on with your simplistic trolling.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
However, many would lose coverage because of the terms of the bill. These include cuts to Medicaid, barring pre-existing conditions, premiums becoming prohibitively expensive for older people.

Show me a bill that has been passed, or even voted on, where the above is true.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
However, many would lose coverage because of the terms of the bill. These include cuts to Medicaid, barring pre-existing conditions, premiums becoming prohibitively expensive for older people.

Here. It was voted on and passed in the House. And that is the kind of bill she is campaigning against.

And on that bill (from Wiki):

Among the key concerns identified by health-care experts were that (1) the tax credits funded at the level proposed in the bill are insufficient to pay for individual insurance, and could lead to Americans dropping out of the health care market;[43] (2) the bill's elimination of the ACA's community rating provision (barring insurance companies from charging older people more than three times what they charge younger people) would increase cost disparities between age groups and would increase premiums for Americans more prone to illness;[43] (3) the dropping of healthy people from the health insurance market (adverse selection[42]) could lead to insurer "death spirals" that would decrease choice; and (4) the phaseout of the Medicaid expansion was likely to result in a loss of healthcare for poorer Americans.[43]
=====================

Now you show me a bill where what you say is true (that EVERYONE who "loses" healthcare coverage would only do so because they would be choosing to drop coverage).
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Aug 3, 17 11:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I give you this.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you show me the text of the actual bill where there are cuts (less money than before) in anything?

I'm just not going to accept Wikipedia's reporting of "concerns" from healthcare "experts".

Sorry.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Can you show me the text of the actual bill where there are cuts (less money than before) in anything?

I'm just not going to accept Wikipedia's reporting of "concerns" from healthcare "experts".

Sorry.

I'm not going to do a circle jerk for you. You know what you are claiming is not true, but are unwilling to admit it, so you're just obfuscating at this point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I give you this.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Oh, a story in the politico that characterizes the bill to bolster D talking points!

Well that settles it. You got me there.

Let's just do this...

...it's claimed that there are Medicare cuts. How much did we spend on Medicare in 2016 and, according to the bill how much would be spent in, say, 2020? Is it more money or less money?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See Kay's response above mine. This is nothing new with you, but you're being willingly blind.

Duffy wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I give you this.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Oh, a story in the politico that characterizes the bill to bolster D talking points!

Well that settles it. You got me there.

Let's just do this...

...it's claimed that there are Medicare cuts. How much did we spend on Medicare in 2016 and, according to the bill how much would be spent in, say, 2020? Is it more money or less money?
Quote Reply

Prev Next