Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Yeah. A story of hard work and accomplishment. YAWN! What a waste. Now your trolling on the other hand. Next level greatness.

I'm just really skeptical when an entire media structure is falling all over themselves trying to see who can scream the loudest about how this is best political ad EVER!!!!!!

Quick google search produces a level of media masturbation I haven't seen in a long time for a two minute spot who's only reference to policy is a sensationalist lie.

I mean why not just put her in the White House right now?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
False. She is running in KY and she ended her ad with "Democrat" across the screen.

Good luck ...

https://www.govtrack.us/...s/KY#representatives

Yes, that is the case now, but i will re-post something I posted a while ago in another thread. KY is historically a Democratic state. We have been trending Republican in national elections longer, but only recently has the Republican party here really been on equal terms as the Dems. Hell, as recently as 1999 the best the 'Pubs could do for a gubernatorial candidate was Peppy Martin, who in a foreclosure action against her is claiming that the banks are conspiring to murder her, the govenrment is tapping her phones and bombarding her home with radiation. She's basically wearing a tinfoil hat at this point.

Did you know that this is the first time in 95 years that the Republicans control the House of Representatives here? 95 years. http://www.kentucky.com/...rticle113464563.html

Gov. Matt Bevin is only the 2nd Republican Governor in 4 decades. http://www.wkyt.com/...ecide-339742142.html

Go here and see how many red boxes you see as opposed to blue since 1867. https://en.wikipedia.org/...strength_in_Kentucky

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunch of lemmings around here.

What she says referring to any actual policy is just an out and out lie.

Almost 50% of the country just elected a man completely devoid of policy knowledge and who repeatedly lied.

If people are lemmings by supporting her, what does that say about the country?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just shocking to have someone who has done something running for office. I mean she has accomplishments. She busted her ass and did something pretty awesome. In a declining nation of idiots it's is a bit of shock to hear from someone like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's just shocking to have someone who has done something running for office. I mean she has accomplishments.

But she didn't have a t.v show and has some knowledge of policy, in other words a loser...
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Bunch of lemmings around here.

What she says referring to any actual policy is just an out and out lie.

Almost 50% of the country just elected a man completely devoid of policy knowledge and who repeatedly lied.

If people are lemmings by supporting her, what does that say about the country?

My only disagreement here is with your math.

Trump got just under 66 million votes. There are about 325 million people in the US.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It's just shocking to have someone who has done something running for office. I mean she has accomplishments.

But she didn't have a t.v show and has some knowledge of policy, in other words a loser...

When giving the opportunity to express her knowledge of policy she tells a whopping lie.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I mean why not just put her in the White House right now?

There's a substantial difference between acknowledging a good product (Political Ad) and whether or not the product being advertised is worth buying.

It's a great Political Ad, and the hype surrounding it proves it to be true.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Aug 3, 17 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an interesting question. If it is not okay for patriarcial (sic) old white guys to not allow women in combat if there would be a draft should women be exempt? I can't think of a good reason why. Probably a moot point because likelihood of a draft is almost zero.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's interesting at all. They should be eligible for a draft, and assigned to the most appropriate positions.

Edit to add: In theory. As you noted, it would never happen, but if it did, shit has really hit the fan, in which case, see above.

Last edited by: sphere: Aug 3, 17 7:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
There's a substantial difference between acknowledging a good product (Political Ad) and whether or not the product being advertised is worth buying.

You've got quite few customers wanting to (literally in one case) toss money at her righ here in this thread.

Quote:
It's a great Political Ad, and the hype surrounding it proves it to be true.

The hype surrounding it proves there's a bunch of hype surrounding it.

There's a lot of hype surrounding the Mayweather/Mcgregor boxing match.

I guess that means it's going to be a fantastic fight!!!!

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Aug 3, 17 7:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was her whopping lie?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
What was her whopping lie?

Republicans want to take away the healthcare of 20 million people.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Then you understand what makes for a good political ad.
I never said she'd be a good candidate. I'll let those who do defend their comments.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When this claim is made one these two things are true (and possibly both)...

1. The person saying it thinks you're stupid.

2. The person saying it is stupid.

It is estimated that 20 million people will choose not to buy health insurance if they were not forced to purchase it.

From that we he the statement "republicans want to take away healthCARE from 20 million people.

It is one of the most insidious and Orwellian type of lies I can think of.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Quote:

Then you understand what makes for a good political ad.
I never said she'd be a good candidate. I'll let those who do defend their comments.

I think the hype surrounding the msyweather fight is idiotic and illustrates the gullibility and stupidity of so many people, just like the reaction to this ad.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
It's a great ad.

I don't know how elections work for the Senate and House but it seems to me that anyone from the military, particularly those in combat, don't have a very good chance of winning the Presidency.

Clinton, Bush 2 and Trump all did everything they could to avoid service and won handily (particularly Trump...). The Presidential nominees with service (Bush1 vs. Clinton, Dole, McCain, Kerry,) were beaten handily.

I find that a little odd.

Tell that to this guy; POTUS 1953-1961. Maybe after another 3 1/2 years, what America needs is a little discipline...SLOWGUY 2020!

I hear he has ties to Russia.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starting from scratch...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't compare the two, beyond the superficial veneer of "popular."

You're underestimating, if not dismissing entirely, the value of character and personal biography. It matters, even if the policy positions (I don't know where she stands on much) don't pass muster.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I wouldn't compare the two, beyond the superficial veneer of "popular."

You're underestimating, if not dismissing entirely, the value of character and personal biography. It matters, even if the policy positions (I don't know where she stands on much) don't pass muster.

I thought Bill Clinton taught us that policy, not character, is what matters.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's quite telling of the whole truth.

As I understand it...

There are already a lot of people who aren't purchasing health insurance, despite the ACA stating that they have to. They're taking the penalty instead because they don't qualify for assistance with the premium due to too high of an income but still feel that the high premiums are not affordable.

Then there are those whose incomes are low enough to qualify for assistance with the premium and have coverage as a result. If ACA is repealed, those are the ones who would lose access to coverage in the way that it is now, because they'd be back in a situation where they couldn't afford any coverage available to them. These are the ones she and others are referring to in addition to those who have pre-existing conditions who may lose coverage if ACA is repealed, so there is a truth to her claim.

Of course, that second group isn't really much better off with ACA because the plans that they can get with assistance also have such high deductibles that those throw many into financial chaos anyway. ACA is a dumpster fire bit of legislation. That much is painfully obvious. If anyone were speaking truth, they'd be saying that repealing and replacing ACA or leaving ACA as-is are both awful solutions and we need to go deeper into the root of the high cost of health care and figure out why the U.S. has significantly higher per-capita costs than other first world nations.

That just doesn't fit into a sound bite. And it requires effort & collaboration, something the petulant children in D.C. seem incapable of doing. You've got to give it to her -- she at least seems to have had experiences that would seem to lend themselves to more reason, leadership, and working with those she doesn't 100% agree with, and that should be breath of fresh air in the swamp.

Duffy wrote:
When this claim is made one these two things are true (and possibly both)...

1. The person saying it thinks you're stupid.

2. The person saying it is stupid.

It is estimated that 20 million people will choose not to buy health insurance if they were not forced to purchase it.

From that we he the statement "republicans want to take away healthCARE from 20 million people.

It is one of the most insidious and Orwellian type of lies I can think of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump and Clinton Policy and character don't matter much

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If ACA is repealed, those are the ones who would lose access to coverage...

Even if that were true (it isn't), lack of health insurance does not mean you lose access to health care.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

My only disagreement here is with your math.

Trump got just under 66 million votes. There are about 325 million people in the US.

Well, almost 50% of those who voted elected a man completely devoid of policy knowledge and who repeatedly lied.

Either way you say it, it's still pretty funny.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"lack of health insurance does not mean you lose access to health care. "

Depends on your income.

Quote Reply

Prev Next