Prev Next
Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad
Quote | Reply
I don't care who you are.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
False. She is running in KY and she ended her ad with "Democrat" across the screen.

Good luck ...

https://www.govtrack.us/...s/KY#representatives

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She makes me want to move to KY just to cast a vote for her.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah well, there's that.

Great ad, though.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Great ad, though.

Very much so. Impressive.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a great ad.

I don't know how elections work for the Senate and House but it seems to me that anyone from the military, particularly those in combat, don't have a very good chance of winning the Presidency.

Clinton, Bush 2 and Trump all did everything they could to avoid service and won handily (particularly Trump...). The Presidential nominees with service (Bush1 vs. Clinton, Dole, McCain, Kerry,) were beaten handily.

I find that a little odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally I'm sick of hearing how Repubs want to take your healthcare away, but I can see how people benefiting from Obama care get fired up regardless of how unsustainable it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Personally I'm sick of hearing how Repubs want to take your healthcare away, but I can see how people benefiting from Obama care get fired up regardless of how unsustainable it is.

She's a retired Marine. She's not benefiting from Obamacare. She has Tricare health insurance as a retirement benefit.

Amy was a classmate of mine at USNA. Never knew her that well, but she had a good reputation as far as I can remember.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So now the act of no longer forcing people to buy health insurance they don't want has been rebranded as "taking healthcare away"?

That's not a good ad.

That's insulting.

Oh yeah, there's no way a gnarly lesbian democrat wins in Kentucky either.

PS: the republicans can kiss my ass (McCain especially) for that cowardly bullshit they pulled last week.

Fuck all of them.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Must have been so hard for her to have been married to a Republican dude for 13 years and had three children.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This bit about her induction into the Ky. aviation Hall of Fame is pretty impressive (non-political). She was on the flight line at Miramar during 9/11 awaiting orders to scramble to take down airliners (as a WSO, not a pilot at the time).

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Must have been so hard for her to have been married to a Republican dude for 13 years and had three children.

I can't imagine the struggles "she" must have endured.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It's a great ad.

I don't know how elections work for the Senate and House but it seems to me that anyone from the military, particularly those in combat, don't have a very good chance of winning the Presidency.

Clinton, Bush 2 and Trump all did everything they could to avoid service and won handily (particularly Trump...). The Presidential nominees with service (Bush1 vs. Clinton, Dole, McCain, Kerry,) were beaten handily.

I find that a little odd.

Tell that to this guy; POTUS 1953-1961. Maybe after another 3 1/2 years, what America needs is a little discipline...SLOWGUY 2020![/img]

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

X2. I will likely vote with my dollars ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

For the life of me I cannot imagine why you would ever need to delete any of your posts.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

And there were people here who thought the LR couldn't survive without your stellar contributions. Go figure.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
but it seems to me that anyone from the military, particularly those in combat, don't have a very good chance of winning the Presidency.

Clinton, Bush 2 and Trump all did everything they could to avoid service and won handily (particularly Trump...).

Every president from Eisenhower through GHW Bush were active duty during WWII.

Clinton was the only one of those 3 that won handily. G Bush and Trump just squeeked by - remember Bush was awarded the presidency by the supreme court and barely beat Kerry for reelection 286 v 251. Clinton began Vietnam as a student at Oxford then registered for the draft in law school, but got #310 (no one over #195 was drafted). Bill did protest the war though. He planned on ROTC at Arkansas, but didn't. The guy who ran that thought that he gamed the system to get a very high draft number.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Despite the situation that the armed services in the US get enormous respect (deservedly so) and if you say anything negative about them you will be stomped on it is only a tiny proportion of the population. The gap between people in the military and the general population has widened in the last 50 years. https://www.theatlantic.com/...-and-society/306158/.
It is an all volunteer army very professional and much more conservative than the population at large. I don't think the average person knows that many people in the military or can relate to what their lives are like. Ergo military service is much less likely to be viewed as an asset in the political arena. I did read a better article about this a few months ago that was more recent and from the Atlantic but a quick internet search has not found it right now.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Al Gore went to Vietnam and lost. Kerry lost. McCain lost. Romney got republican nomination no military service. Ms. Clinton no military service nor Mr. Trump. Military service doesn't help you win the presidency anymore. The 80s was a long time ago.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

Worked well for so many out of staters in the Georgia election.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
False. She is running in KY and she ended her ad with "Democrat" across the screen.

Good luck ...

https://www.govtrack.us/...s/KY#representatives

Obviously winning as a Democrat in Kentucky is a huge uphill battle. But if she can keep the dialogue as simple as "I fought for you against terrorists and I'll fight for you at home. All those guys do is talk," then she could be everything the right should fear. Particularly after the repeal-and-replace debacle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, she is badass full of awesome. She doesn't have a prayer. The empty platitudes of love of military and country from the right will fall away when they dig into her history and destroy her. The Republican party and it's love of party above all will point out how she wants to take your money and is a leftist who loves weirdo trans people and will find some point in her career where she made a mistake that caused a brief pucker factor during a flight and call her a danger.

Go get'em Marine! You are the best and I hope you have good ideas but you are going up against old white men who look back fondly on the Mad Men days.
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:
trail wrote:
Duffy wrote:

For the life of me I cannot imagine why you would ever need to delete any of your posts.

For the life of me I can't get myself all in a lather over some stupid political ad.

Bunch of lemmings around here.

Really? Two minutes of jets landing and "I'm a woman!!!!" is all it takes?

What she says referring to any actual policy is just an out and out lie.

I flew planes! I'm a gurrrl! Republicans want you to die!!!

Are you all really this easily manipulated by cool imagery?

Sad.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Her campaign ad is better than your campaign ad [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

So if she loses no more KFC?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah. A story of hard work and accomplishment. YAWN! What a waste. Now your trolling on the other hand. Next level greatness.
Quote Reply

Prev Next