Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I was a boy scout...were you...
Quote | Reply
...but Trump never was. WTF, is he looking for future voters for his third, fourth term?

http://www.cnn.com/...uts-rally/index.html
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Jul 24, 17 20:11
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a buffoon.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you guys know? Y'all are from Canada! Kidding! Anyway I can't take my own country seriously because people think it is OK this asshat is in charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I’m in front of the Boy Scouts?

The guy just can't help himself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump keeps asking for loyalty but never gives it. Look at what he is doing to Sessions. Why work for a guy who is guaranteed to undercut you from almost day one?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sessions made Eagle Scout. The numnuts were cheering for a carny over one of their own.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is problem when you decide a position is to be respected instead of the person holding that position.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the Boy Scouts have a better grasp on what is appropriate in a public forum than our President does.

What do we get rid of this idiot?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
That is problem when you decide a position is to be respected instead of the person holding that position.

Not sure this statement makes any sense.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was at the National Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill in 1985. Then President Ronald Reagan was to speak. Something came up so First Lady Nancy came and spoke. Followed by a performance by the Beach Boys. Much more enlightening than the babble the Scouts had to endure last night.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is Trump talking to the Scouts? Well because he is president. Would civilian Trump have given that speech? Not a chance.

Trump is a ghoul who should be put in a corner until his two terms are up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Why is Trump talking to the Scouts? Well because he is president. Would civilian Trump have given that speech? Not a chance.

Trump is a ghoul who should be put in a corner until his two terms are up.

Ok. So are you of the opinion that we should not respect the office of the President if we disagree with or don't respect the office holder?

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn straight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:
Damn straight.

Good luck with that, given that basically any President has between 50-60% of the public who disagrees with or doesn't like him at any given time.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Most of the Boy Scouts have a better grasp on what is appropriate in a public forum than our President does.

http://www.cnn.com/...ts-speech/index.html

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Trump keeps asking for loyalty but never gives it. Look at what he is doing to Sessions. Why work for a guy who is guaranteed to undercut you from almost day one?

On the loyalty front. More Sessions attacks this morning.

As a military member, I always understood loyalty to be a two way thing, it was both given and earned up and down the ranks.
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
len wrote:

On the loyalty front. More Sessions attacks this morning.

As a military member, I always understood loyalty to be a two way thing, it was both given and earned up and down the ranks.

Any one military or not understands how it works, Trump is a raging narcissist so it eludes him.

That and the whole ethics thing.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Jul 25, 17 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyway I can't take my own country seriously because people think it is OK this asshat is in charge.

He said he was NOT going to talk about politics, and then talked non-stop about politics and himself for the whole speech.

He was rude, disrespectful, dishonest, indignant, selfish, inappropriate, and buffoonish . . but he is president. Good grief! What sort of message was he trying to extend to these kids at a highly influential age?

He keeps constantly attacking and denigrating Obama. He keeps going back adnauseam to the election and the winning and losing. He keeps talking relentlessly and almost exclusivly, about himself* Even when he's talking about something good, he ALWAYS makes it about HIM!

* Trump claims to be a master salesman, businessman and deal maker - the "Art of the Deal" and all that. Sales-101 - NEVER talk about yourself!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
* Trump claims to be a master salesman, businessman and deal maker - the "Art of the Deal" and all that. Sales-101 - NEVER talk about yourself!

Well he does appear to have sold it to a bunch of Tea Party rubes that he is one of them and has their and the country's best interest at heart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok. So are you of the opinion that we should not respect the office of the President if we disagree with or don't respect the office holder?

ALL higher offices like this should be respected. However, in an open and free democracy, that many of us in the West, are lucky to live in, we may not always agree 100% with the person or the party who occupy that office. And owing to our respective constitutions and laws of free speech, we are allowed to express our differences of opinion, and if we feel the person or party in that office are wrong, hold their feet to the flame. Opposition is an important part of functioning democracies. In the Westminster System of Government practiced by many in the British Commonwealth countries, the party in opposition is given the offcial title of, "Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition".

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: I was a boy scout...were you... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

ALL higher offices like this should be respected. However, in an open and free democracy, that many of us in the West, are lucky to live in, we may not always agree 100% with the person or the party who occupy that office. And owing to our respective constitutions and laws of free speech, we are allowed to express our differences of opinion, and if we feel the person or party in that office are wrong, hold their feet to the flame. Opposition is an important part of functioning democracies. In the Westminster System of Government practiced by many in the British Commonwealth countries, the party in opposition is given the offcial title of, "Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition".

I think we're in agreement. I believe the office should be respected, regardless of personal feelings for the man (or woman) in office. Tibbs seems to think otherwise.

My personal opinion is that a good portion of the difficulty we find ourselves in now with regard to our feelings about our elected leaders is because we lost respect for the positions themselves, which has allowed us to pay less close attention to making good decisions on who fills those offices. Additionally, our lack of respect for the offices leads to toxic media coverage, toxic dialogue between politicians, toxic rhetoric during elections, toxic talk between regular citizens when discussing politics, etc.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was, my oldest brother is a scoutmaster, my other brother was an eagle scout and a scoutmaster, my dad was a scoutmaster. My oldest brother and my dad are at the jamboree now as staff. My dad has gone to the last 3 or 4, I think my brother has been at everyone since the 80's.

I have no explanation for WTF that was. Other than wrong. If he had any shame he'd be feeling it now.

But on a lighter note. The old guy on the left in the white shirt is my dad. He is working the zip line. He wanted to do that because he said it was too far to walk to the zip line to just ride down it once. So he works there, then rides it down at the end of his shift. Oh yeah, he is 91.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with what? The super vast majority of people agree with you. The position means more than who has it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the thing for kids who were too young for Boy Scouts and then quit when it was time for BS. Camping with my Dad was a lot more fun. Sadly, I wouldn't even consider sending my boys on a Scout trip unless I was going with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't holding the person in the office of president to a set of standards standards raise the respect the office itself is given?
Quote Reply

Prev Next