Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Well, look in your crystal ball then and tell us why Dan deleted the first thread we had on this topic? It appears there's a bit more to Duffy's disappearance than Duffy simply taking a break.

That's probably quite true. But to leap from there to "I'd also bet that it is Dan deleting Duffy's posts, not the Duffy." is ridiculous.

If it were indeed Dan it would have happened wholesale without all the user name changes. No?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I'd be interested to hear your take (or Dan's) on why Dan deleted our first thread on this topic though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Well, look in your crystal ball then and tell us why Dan deleted the first thread we had on this topic? It appears there's a bit more to Duffy's disappearance than Duffy simply taking a break.

I don't remember that thread or what was in it, but there are all sorts of reasons Dan might delete a thread.

I don't have any idea why Duffy called it quits, but I don't think Dan forced him out, nor do I think Dan is deleting his threads one by one.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
schroeder wrote:
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:
Is it my imagination, or is he absent?

Duffy has apparently been changing his username and going through deleting all his posts from the forum. Not sure why, but it has been suggested he had some sort of issue outside the forum or with another poster that has basically made him quit and get rid of anything he wrote.

The Forge?

i'm gonna guess the person who felt threatened by the forge.

Seems far-fetched. What would that scenario look like?

I do find it odd that the first thread about this subject was deleted by Dan. It was the thread where it was discussed what legitimate reasons there would be for Dan to delete a persons user history. That does give me pause and hope all is well.

And there you have it. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that our beloved Duffy stepped over Dan's line, whatever that is. I'd also bet that it is Dan deleting Duffy's posts, not the Duffy.

Dan deleting that thread was strange. I don't think he's deleting Duffy's individual posts. I said it in the deleted thread, Luscan and Duffy had an awful exchange. Both crossed the line IMO. I think it has to do with that. Or Duffy's just f ing with everyone.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tritimmy wrote:
Yes. I'd be interested to hear your take (or Dan's) on why Dan deleted our first thread on this topic though.

Sorry, I won't be much help there. Usually when a thread is deleted, we find out well after the fact. I don't remember anything in that thread that seemed worthy of deletion, but somebody might've posted something inflammatory after the last time I looked. Or there might've been something earlier in the thread that seemed innocuous to most of us, but triggered Dan, or triggered someone else who asked Dan to take it down. Hard to say, in general we have to trust Dan to do the right thing which IMO he has always done.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
tritimmy wrote:

That's probably quite true. But to leap from there to "I'd also bet that it is Dan deleting Duffy's posts, not the Duffy." is ridiculous.

If it were indeed Dan it would have happened wholesale without all the user name changes. No?

I could email him , but i am all about privacy...that's part of the reason i have kept my job all these years.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
eb wrote:
tritimmy wrote:

I could email him , but i am all about privacy...that's part of the reason i have kept my job all these years.

He posted too much info how to track him down and get to him personally.

There are so many Wackos on ST that have credibly threatened him and others with physical violence.

I was always surprised how 'transparent' he was about his real life profile and that of his family, given how he wasn't shy to call these Wackos out.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
There are so many Wackos on ST that have credibly threatened him and others with physical violence.

I was always surprised how 'transparent' he was about his real life profile and that of his family, given how he wasn't shy to call these Wackos out.

A bit of an exaggeration there, no? "So many?" Can you link to 3 instances? I can't even think of two. I didn't see the Luscan thread, but from the sounds of it that was at least one.

When you have an ego as big as Duffy, you find yourself in some difficult situations. His entire exististence has been trying to get as many people to pay attention to him as possible. It was ridiculous before the election and jumped the shark after.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
windschatten wrote:

A bit of an exaggeration there, no? "So many?" Can you link to 3 instances? I can't even think of two. I didn't see the Luscan thread, but from the sounds of it that was at least one.

When you have an ego as big as Duffy, you find yourself in some difficult situations. His entire exististence has been trying to get as many people to pay attention to him as possible. It was ridiculous before the election and jumped the shark after.

I know one thing for sure, he is not unsubscribed, i tried it , ......once you’re in this sand hole, you’re fucked.
AINA MUN PITAA muther fucker!!!! Whaaaa haaaaa

sometimes
Last edited by: mustangchef: Jul 15, 17 4:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Losing The Forge was sad, but loosing Duffy is devastating.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

This.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Is loosing Duffy like releasing the kraken?

Seriously, the LR was here long before Duffy, and it will do just fine if he's gone.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Is loosing Duffy like releasing the kraken?

Seriously, the LR was here long before Duffy, and it will do just fine if he's gone.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loosing
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:

^^^THIS^^^

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

Duffy has apparently been changing his username and going through deleting all his posts from the forum. Not sure why, but it has been suggested he had some sort of issue outside the forum or with another poster that has basically made him quit and get rid of anything he wrote.

The Forge?

Maybe you should stop making stuff up.
Especially when you are just wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He probably just felt threatened, or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:

^^^THIS^^^
Won't be as fun though

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:

^^^THIS^^^

Won't be as fun though

Forgie and Duffy are out; Big Kahuna and Mr. Tibbs (well, Tibbsy after he forgot his login credentials) are back. I will call that a net improvement in the atmosphere around here...until it changes again.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to have them all here !

Forge could come back and should. I understand his deal, sort of. As long as Duffy's isn't just an attention grab , bring it back

Last edited by: Leddy: Jul 15, 17 19:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Forge was a creep and is likely a psycho.

Duffy was a regular guy but unfortunately way to trusting... I am glad he got out.

God Speed, Duffy!
Catch a wave for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Madduck wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
slowguy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:

The Forge?

Maybe you should stop making stuff up.
Especially when you are just wrong.

Don't think I mentioned any names.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
Leddy wrote:
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Perseus wrote:

^^^THIS^^^

Won't be as fun though

Forgie and Duffy are out; Big Kahuna and Mr. Tibbs (well, Tibbsy after he forgot his login credentials) are back. I will call that a net improvement in the atmosphere around here...until it changes again.

This 10x. Both forge & Duffy became unhinged. Duffy was no longer funny.

But people shouldn't fret. Another village idiot will step up and fill the void. Or just maybe....we can have actual conversations here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Duffy got lucky with bailing out... think of the time he's saving.

Maybe he's on to something

But I also agree, a great character to have around, and will be missed!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another village idiot will step up and fill the void

Did someone page me?

Re: Hey wait, where's dufman [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or just maybe....we can have actual conversations here

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..."Have an actual conversation" ha ha ha ha ha ha

Stop, you're killing me.

Quote Reply

Prev Next