Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I love trump because.......
Quote | Reply
This is a bloke. Sorry. This is the president of the united states

This is a role that was revered

It was the most serious role in the world

This was the role that with Gorbachev ended (more or less) the cold war

But is now populated by a bloke who refers to media personalities on twitter as dumber than a bag of rocks

And what i love most is a huge number of people have no problem with that

My friends think i like to watch the world burn. This is hysterical
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the "train wreck syndrome".

Rubber necking when you drive past a car wreck. Driving out to the airport to look at an airplane that crashed. The movie Titanic. The Atlanta Falcons in a Super Bowl.

Everyone is fascinated by a disaster.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Trump because . . . I like a president who loves his country, respects our soldiers and police, places the interests of America first, and who, among other things, can at least utter the words "radical ... Islamic ... terrorism".

If, along the way, he treats two loathsome twits on MSNBC and our corrupt, lying media like dirt, well, that's just icing on the cake.

We're making America great again, folks!
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He couldn't say "radical Islamic terrorists" in front of the Saudis. Such a brave man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've often wondered what it was like during the fall of the Roman empire with their crazy emperors. I no longer have to wonder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thread, different title. Enjoy.

Quote | Reply
I'll be 100% honest and say I don't love Trump. Not at all. Didn't mind him on the original "Celebrity Apprentice", but he's been a total disaster and embarrassment as a president. But no surprise there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He respected the military so much he avoiding serving........

You literally would not recognise america being made great if it jumped up and punched you in the face
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put a conservative on the Supreme Court, expanded deportations of illegals, scaled back federal regulations, withdrew from the Paris climate accord etc. I'd say he's doing a great job.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like a president who loves his country, respects our soldiers

This is something I just don't get.

John Kerry served in Vietnam, received the Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts but was attacked by the Swift Vets for Truth. It was probably the reason he didn't become President. Many in the GOP were disgusted with what they claimed were exaggerations despite the fact that he served. A lot of the criticism came from Dick Cheney, who did everything he could to avoid war but that hypocrisy was lost as long as their side won.

Now, we have a President who during College, had an athletic build, played football, tennis, squash and golf. He never had any medical issues. When he graduated, he suddenly was diagnosed with bone spurs in his heels so was able to get his 5th deferment from going to Vietnam (his first 4 were for education).

Despite that "co-incidence" you now like him as President because of his love for the country and because he respects your soldiers?

Are you kidding?
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't forget Trump talking shit about McCain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

John Kerry served in Vietnam, received the Bronze Star and 3 Purple Hearts but was attacked by the Swift Vets for Truth. It was probably the reason he didn't become President. Many in the GOP were disgusted with what they claimed were exaggerations despite the fact that he served. A lot of the criticism came from Dick Cheney, who did everything he could to avoid war but that hypocrisy was lost as long as their side won.

Now, we have a President who during College, had an athletic build, played football, tennis, squash and golf. He never had any medical issues. When he graduated, he suddenly was diagnosed with bone spurs in his heels so was able to get his 5th deferment from going to Vietnam (his first 4 were for education).

Despite that "co-incidence" you now like him as President because of his love for the country and because he respects your soldiers?

Are you kidding?

Wasting your time.

Jim @ LOTO has Trump's saggy old balls so far down his throat they're starting to poke out of his arse.
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be a lack of sleep. Has to be really uncomfortable sleeping with his balls in his mouth. Terrible case of sleep apnea
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think they are salty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Are you kidding?

Wasting your time.

Jim @ LOTO has Trump's saggy old balls so far down his throat they're starting to poke out of his arse.

I actually like his new resolution. He comes in, says something ridiculously stupid and over the top based on fuckall, then thinks he doesn't have to back it up at all since he has resolved to only post once per thread.

It is brilliant in its stupidity.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well said.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's the Saudis' little boy. I notice they aren't on the blocked list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
I love Trump because . . . I like a president who loves his country, respects our soldiers and police, places the interests of America first, and who, among other things, can at least utter the words "radical ... Islamic ... terrorism".

If, along the way, he treats two loathsome twits on MSNBC and our corrupt, lying media like dirt, well, that's just icing on the cake.

Lol....
Mind sharing your level of formal education Joe . Or am I not allowed to ask without coming across as a....coughCough ....Elitist ..hehe
( Damn...who would of thought in the year 2017 my measly 4 yr undergrad degree would render me 'elite '. Making America Great again indeed.!'
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Wasting your time.

I actually like his new resolution. He comes in, says something ridiculously stupid and over the top based on fuckall, then thinks he doesn't have to back it up at all since he has resolved to only post once per thread.

It is brilliant in its stupidity.
Jim is the only Trump supporter in the LR who is unconditional in his Trump love.

None of the "I didn't vote for him, but........"

Or the "I'm not a Trump supporter, but........"

Jim's got a whacky view of reality, but he's not ashamed to show his colors.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've asked you before to the sound of crickets in response, but I'll ask again....

When is this time when America was, holistically, so much greater than it is today that we must return to that time?

Beyond speaking in the platitudes of "great again" as a meaningless buzzword, what exactly is it that you're looking to restore to America? When exactly was it that we were at that time?

Because the way I see it, there has been a time where elements of America were better than those particular elements are today. But just the same there was a time, and perhaps the exact same time, where other elements of America were far worse than they are today.

That's just a natural evolution of every society...and the de-evolutions that come with it.

So beyond the platitudes -- what is it that you actually and tangibly want? And why?

Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smaller words needed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crucify me, but the jury is still out as far as I’m concerned. There's a lot to not like , but that has been true with every president. I never watched Donalds' shows before he became president, didn’t really care for him.
I am impressed with how much heat this guy can take. Haven’t met him face to face yet , if I did ,y 'awl wouldn’t know it anyways.
Do we finally have a president that is "out there" as much as the other world leaders? I don’t know, but he sure has their attention.
President Trump may just be just the mirror America has finally had to look in. Its' really about us.The sum greater than all the parts .
I am really looking forward to a amazingly beautiful sail in a bay off of lake Michigan during my 4th of July vacation . Godz speed to the safety of all those who are not here to enjoy the same.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you mean to say "impressed with how much heat he can take?" I can't disagree he has taken a lot, but that saying usually has the distinction of "taking it well." Quantifiably, he most certainly has not taken it well. It's been a bit of a shit show so far. I think it, and by "it" I mean optics, can be turned around with some relatively minor tweaks.

No more social media, don't release one page plans for incredibly complex topics, don't hold up appointments of your appointments, kill the media with kindness, quit blaming Obama and focus on your agenda. Seems reasonable, no?
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Did you mean to say "impressed with how much heat he can take?" I can't disagree he has taken a lot, but that saying usually has the distinction of "taking it well." Quantifiably, he most certainly has not taken it well. It's been a bit of a shit show so far. I think it, and by "it" I mean optics, can be turned around with some relatively minor tweaks.

No more social media, don't release one page plans for incredibly complex topics, don't hold up appointments of your appointments, kill the media with kindness, quit blaming Obama and focus on your agenda. Seems reasonable, no?
in the kitchen we refer to “ taking the heat" as more like a pass /fail..not how well.Sorry for the confusion.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: I love trump because....... [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking the heat from the building he set fire to, yeah.
Quote Reply

Prev Next