Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
CA highway crash
Quote | Reply
From the story, the car cut off the bike by illegally moving into the car pool lane. You can see the rest. Really feel bad for the guy in the white truck that was just minding his own business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Wl_lzwvow

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [edwinj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idiots!

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday i rode 660 miles on my bike on a very heavy trucking route across france

All the way i expect someone to pull out but what i would not do is kick their fucking door

FFS i realise it was a gold wing or something but its 3-400kg v's 1000.......that won't end well

People do not check their blind spots - that car being a case in point

White truck got fucked
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't look like the asshole on the bike stopped. If he didn't I hope they catch him

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is he an arsehole for driving off? Or some other offense?

Listening to commentary it says driver tried to cut in front of bike prior to camera rolling i.e. never checked blind spot

Biker then was a twat kicking car but car got fucked

Who in their right mind driving a car intentionally drives a car in to a motorcyclist......

I bike, i expect every idiotic move made to man and i would never kick a vehicle but the car driver is a c##t

Biker was an idiot but worse he produces is a dent. Car driver is a c##t. His actions could literally have killed the biker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny reading the debates over this on the interwebs when all the video contains is the tail-end of the incident. The account of the guy who took the video was:

Teenage driver, tried to exit the carpool lane at Newhall Road in Santa Clarita . Didn't see the bike hugging the line in lane 1, almost had a collision. Biker went crazy and was coming up on passenger side of car and kicking it. Also brandished a knife to the teen driver. Teen possibly thought biker was on passenger side of car when the kick (on driver's side) in the video happened (then swerved left) because he was previously kicking the passenger side of the car. This craziness prompted the witness to start recording. People see the last few seconds of road raging biker douchebag terrorizing a teen in a car and make all kinds of stupid assumptions.

EDIT: grammar
Last edited by: RZ: Jun 24, 17 15:27
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to put this on the biker. In the amount of footage we see, he is the one that escalates it by kicking the car. Then after they wrecked, he keeps going and does not stop.

My first thought on seeing the car apparently swerve into the biker after the kick was 1) was that intentional to try to hit him or 2) did the driver of the car lose track of him and was actually trying to swerve away from him.

I try to assume rational thought as best I can and most people would realize that swerving into a motorcycle is likely to kill them. Far different consequence that the asshole psycho bike driver kicking a car that really was not causing any real harm.

Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
I have to put this on the biker. In the amount of footage we see, he is the one that escalates it by kicking the car. Then after they wrecked, he keeps going and does not stop.

My first thought on seeing the car apparently swerve into the biker after the kick was 1) was that intentional to try to hit him or 2) did the driver of the car lose track of him and was actually trying to swerve away from him.

I try to assume rational thought as best I can and most people would realize that swerving into a motorcycle is likely to kill them. Far different consequence that the asshole psycho bike driver kicking a car that really was not causing any real harm.

Car was wrong in the first place but biker could have slowed and or just flipped him the bird, but instead escalated the situation and left the scene, a total dick.
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Is he an arsehole for driving off? Or some other offense?

Listening to commentary it says driver tried to cut in front of bike prior to camera rolling i.e. never checked blind spot

Biker then was a twat kicking car but car got fucked

Who in their right mind driving a car intentionally drives a car in to a motorcyclist......

I bike, i expect every idiotic move made to man and i would never kick a vehicle but the car driver is a c##t

Biker was an idiot but worse he produces is a dent. Car driver is a c##t. His actions could literally have killed the biker.

From the video , the biker is a 100% asshole. So I'll make some assumptions like you did. The driver didn't see him in his blind spot. That gives him the right to kick the drivers door and cause this accident ? Then drive off. Unless you can prove to me the driver intentionally tried to cut him off he's 100% in the wrong. Even then he would still be wrong for what he did.
This coming from someone who would probably kick a car door himself.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The witness to the whole thing said the car didn't see motorcycle when attempting a lane change. Guy on bike started kicking passenger side of car, was threatening with a knife, then went over to driver side, kicked again and the accident happened.

Regardless of how it started, the motorcyclist committed an assault and then a hit-and-run. In Kalifornia, you do not collide with a car and leave the scene without repercussions. You also do not kick a car and get off with nothing. Hell, people have been arrested in that state for throwing drinks at cars.

The kid in the car will probably be cited for improper lane usage and that will probably be about it.

Motorcycle guy is going to jail. Mark my words.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He didn't stop, but I am guessing he needed to change his pants after that. He was incredibly lucky to make it out of that alive. I hope they catch him and if they don't I hope is learned not to do anything that stupid again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edwinj wrote:
From the story, the car cut off the bike by illegally moving into the car pool lane. You can see the rest. Really feel bad for the guy in the white truck that was just minding his own business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Wl_lzwvow

Oh look self righteous dick on a cycle...
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
He didn't stop, but I am guessing he needed to change his pants after that. He was incredibly lucky to make it out of that alive. I hope they catch him and if they don't I hope is learned not to do anything that stupid again.

Guys like him most likely have done it before and will do it again....knowing well that nobody can read a MC license plate, especially if it is obscured....

If the eye-witness accounts are true, the biker escalated the situation and he should be charged.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing that surprises me is that this doesn't happen more often.
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

Oh, this happens quite frequently where Degenerates live...it just so happens sometimes they catch them:

http://www.sfgate.com/...cars-on-11248213.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did any of you see the unedited video where the car illegally crossed five solid lines into the HOV lane from normal lanes. No one is allowed to do that. It wasn't just a mistake of not seeing the guy in his blind spot. The car practically killed him. He did not just cut him off as the news portrayed. the kick was just few seconds later. Obviously bad judgement since the car clearly tried to kill him a second time swerving toward him. yet all the press is about the cyclist. Wonder why the press dropped the first few seconds showing the car almost killing him? Did this make a better story?
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link to the full video somewhere?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Motorcyclist was just trying to help the car driver out by shutting his open gas cap for him.
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Perseus wrote:

Oh, this happens quite frequently where Degenerates live...it just so happens sometimes they catch them:

http://www.sfgate.com/...cars-on-11248213.php

Some knuckle head, In LA I believe, would ride around with a helmet cam and if a car upset him he'd punch their mirror or kick their car. He was so smart that he had his own youtube channel where he'd upload the videos and that's how the cops were able to figure out who he was.
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patf wrote:
Did any of you see the unedited video where the car illegally crossed five solid lines into the HOV lane from normal lanes. No one is allowed to do that. It wasn't just a mistake of not seeing the guy in his blind spot. The car practically killed him. He did not just cut him off as the news portrayed. the kick was just few seconds later. Obviously bad judgement since the car clearly tried to kill him a second time swerving toward him. yet all the press is about the cyclist. Wonder why the press dropped the first few seconds showing the car almost killing him? Did this make a better story?

Can you provide a link to that and also not call the motorcyclist a "cyclist?" Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlHf6Qp6w0U

5:22 into this guy's rant he shows the slightly longer version which shows the car coming into the hov lane illegally causing the biker to have swerve out of the way, then he kicks the car.

Sure he did not need to kick the car, but the driver of the car had no regard for his life or the law and then attempts to kill him a second time swerving into him.

ETA, if the cyclist had stayed in his lane and let the car sideswipe him, he would of been a victim, but because he swerved to avoid being hit and then tapped the car with his boot to let him know he was there, he is the villain. Hmmm.
Last edited by: patf: Jun 27, 17 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Link to the full video somewhere?

If you watch at the very beginning you see the car cross the double yellow line and encroach on the biker, but as I've stated he could've slowed down, but instead chose to escalate the situation. Total dick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7v2ps6ukI
Quote Reply
Re: CA highway crash [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet the driver never saw him

The reason? Wasn't watching mirrors and didn't check blind spot

Lets be clear. The dick here is the driver. Had they been paying attention none of it would have happened

Obviously the biker should not have kicked him but then the driver doubles down and tries to kill him. C$$t is what he is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

Lets be clear. The dick here is the driver. Had they been paying attention none of it would have happened

Obviously the biker should not have kicked him but then the driver doubles down and tries to kill him. C$$t is what he is.

yes, you have 2 people making mistakes here. 1 person's mistake involves damage to property. The 2nd person's mistake involves an attempt to do something that is almost certain to cause death of another.

On that basis, I go with the driver's bad acts as the more egregious of the two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:

Maybe the driver never saw him. Also driver not supposed to cross into the HOV lanes there.

Motorcyclist shouldn't have kicked the door. But moments after someone nearly kills you, you tend to make bad decisions.

I tend to lose my temper on my bicycle and motorcycle when people do things intentionally to cause me issues. I can somewhat relate to the biker here. But it is a bad idea when fighting with an auto.

I'm curious if I were in the same situation if I would stop or gun it and go. My official answer is that I would stop. But in the heat of the moment it may be, 'See ya.' And after the fact I can't see someone coming forward to put themselves in legal jeopardy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next