Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Escape From Alcatraz Ask Me Anything [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:

You are the ideal candidate for the 2nd slot in a mixed relay. Let's pretend you are on the 2020 team. Will you train specifically for THAT event?

Wait - a better way to ask this: had they're been a mixed relay in 2016, would you have specifically geared your training in the lead up for that event?

Nice race. AMA for winning a duathlon and no one calls you out? Baller.

It would be hard not to. I would obviously like to be successful in the individual and team event, but the best medal chance for US males right now would be in the team relay. Medals trump just about everything and play a huge role in the decision process.
Quote Reply
Re: Escape From Alcatraz Ask Me Anything [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttreise wrote:
What sort of things do you do for injury prevention when you're not logging hours on TP? I.E Foam rolling, stretching, sweat lodges with Mark Allen?

On my own I stretch and roll. I also have a great Physical Therapist in Tucson at Applied Physical Medicine, and a great massage therapist at Legendary Massage. I try to have appointments with these two as much as possible to keep my body healthy, and I have found that it works really well for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Escape From Alcatraz Ask Me Anything [BenKanute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BenKanute wrote:
dhr wrote:
Based on my extensive research, Alcatraz hasn't been an active penitentiary since 1963. What exactly were you escaping from?

Mediocrity

FTW!

While I'd heard of you through the Training Bible podcast and other places, the first time I was aware of you as a pro was Kitzbuhel. You really hung with the big boys on that ridiculous climb! Leeds seems like an ideal course for your strengths. Obviously there are factors with race calendar, avoiding excessive travel, not over-racing, etc., but is there a part of you that wishes you'd done it this year?

I guess it boils down to: could you have made it up that hill with the lead group of four and could you have stayed with the Brownlees when they dropped the French guys? I assume you would have been up there on the swim. Could the bronze have been yours?

Probably an obnoxious question with too many variables, but curious to hear your thoughts.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next