Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Obama really cares about his carbon footprint
Quote | Reply
So much so he flew in a private jet to Italy followed by a 14 car motorcade to deliver a speech about food security and climate change.

Can't make this shit up.

Who does he think he is, Leonardo DiCaprio?

I miss YaHey
Last edited by: justgeorge: May 22, 17 19:14
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phew! More Obama. Was getting withdrawals there for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, needed a break from all the anti-Trump posts.....

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:

Obama is just a hypocrite versus a hypocrite and an idiot buffoon.
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

I won't deny Trump is an idiot buffoon. But at least he's not Hillary!

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

I didn't vote for either one. But after the election I was glad Trump won because I think Hillary belongs in jail. Now, I am not so sure. I have never liked Trump but I didn't think he would rise to this level of idiocy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
justgeorge wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

I didn't vote for either one. But after the election I was glad Trump won because I think Hillary belongs in jail. Now, I am not so sure. I have never liked Trump but I didn't think he would rise to this level of idiocy.

I'll give you points for honesty and being able to admit a change...or at least a shift...of opinion. Kudos. Not many are able to do that...yet.

Obama a hypocrite? Yeah, like most politicians and not really a valid response to anything Trump. Anti-Trump sentiment can stand on its own - he is just that bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
So much so he flew in a private jet to Italy followed by a 14 car motorcade to deliver a speech about food security and climate change.

Can't make this shit up.

What's the level of consumption that allows one to talk about climate change or reducing consumption, etc. and not be a hypocrite?

It seems like a charge that could be leveled at pretty much any one living in the first world unless you've taken to living in a shack off the grid.
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Can't make this shit up.

What's the level of consumption that allows one to talk about climate change or reducing consumption, etc. and not be a hypocrite?

It seems like a charge that could be leveled at pretty much any one living in the first world unless you've taken to living in a shack off the grid.

I don't know what the level of consumption is but Shirley a private jet and a 14 car motorcade is above that level.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Can't make this shit up.

I don't know what the level of consumption is but Shirley a private jet and a 14 car motorcade is above that level.

So basically no world leader can talk about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

Which country is Obama leading again? Did he become President of Kenya?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Can't make this shit up.

How bout they start skyping?

Seriously, all the tech we have these days and our 'world leaders', many of whom believe carbon emissions to be greatest threat to mankind, haven't gotten together during one of their seemingly monthly summits and said 'hey, how about we all stay local and do some conference calling? Lead by example type shit'.

I'm not one to say it's a huge deal, but Obama has a bigger carbon footprint in a month of travel than the average American has in their lifetime. These climate summits and meetings happen all over the world, constantly, with millionaires and billionaires coming in droves to save our planet. Maybe just cancel that shit, for a start?
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems sensible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give the guy a break. It takes a lot of talking to lower sea levels.
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes he could travel first class in a regular plane with a small secret service detail. I think that is what the British Royals do. Three or four cars should do it.

BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Can't make this shit up.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
These climate summits and meetings happen all over the world, constantly, with millionaires and billionaires coming in droves to save our planet. Maybe just cancel that shit, for a start?

If the goal of climate summits were to actually save the planet, then yes, that would be a good idea.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Yes he could travel first class in a regular plane with a small secret service detail. I think that is what the British Royals do. Three or four cars should do it.

Who determines his level of protection? Do you think Obama does, or do you think the Secret Service does?

Also, the lead vehicle shown was a smallish BMW. Do you think that was part of Obama's security detail, too?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
These climate summits and meetings happen all over the world, constantly, with millionaires and billionaires coming in droves to save our planet. Maybe just cancel that shit, for a start?

If the goal of climate summits were to actually save the planet, then yes, that would be a good idea.

I don't even know what save the planet means. The planet will be just fine regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Can't make this shit up.

So your saying the average person living in the first world flies on a private jet and has a 14 car parade when they travel overseas?
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obama is some helpless guy who can't say I think this is a bit excessive? Or this is embarassing couldn't we do it another way? Maybe the secret service needs some scrutiny if they keep demanding big details they create a demand for their own services.

Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

Can't make this shit up.

So your saying the average person living in the first world flies on a private jet and has a 14 car parade when they travel overseas?

No but the former president is not an average person living in the first world. However, the motorcade is excessive.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he chose where to stay don't you? A bit excessive?

Seems Obama, the "man of the people" is embracing the lifestyle of the rich and famous. The guy makes the Clinton's look like middle class posers.

klehner wrote:
len wrote:

Who determines his level of protection? Do you think Obama does, or do you think the Secret Service does?

Also, the lead vehicle shown was a smallish BMW. Do you think that was part of Obama's security detail, too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

As an ex-president, and a recently departed former president, how much of the travel plans and details had to be put in place, due to protocol and procedure by the Secret Service? I'm Curious? My guess is a significant portion of this Obama has NO CONTROL over!

As for Trump, he's already well on his way to being the most expensive presidency on record, by far, when it comes to security, travel and other details related to these two.

But he's supposedly forgoing his $400,000 salary as president - what a great guy! :) [sarcasm]

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: May 23, 17 9:11
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Obama is some helpless guy who can't say I think this is a bit excessive? Or this is embarassing couldn't we do it another way? Maybe the secret service needs some scrutiny if they keep demanding big details they create a demand for their own services.

Obama doesn't get to tell the Secret Service what is excessive, unless he is willing to give up the protection. The Secret Service determines what they need to do to ensure that no harm comes to the former President.

Do you think the Secret Service, much less Obama, configured that convoy? Did you look at those vehicles? I'm guessing there were two Secret Service vehicles, and the rest were locally provided (press, police, etc.).

Obama could have told the Secret Service that he was going to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in town. They'd have said fine, and gone and booked the entire hotel to ensure his safety. Sometimes something like a $10,000/night hotel is the best option for providing security.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Obama really cares about his carbon footprint [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Certainly agree about Trump. It seems he spends every second weekend at Mar a Largo. And then his kids are jetting all over the world. I looked it up. When William and Kate came to Canada for recent tour their entourage was 12 people. I would think they would be a terror target as much as anyone else.

Quote Reply

Prev Next