Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm sure they were acting in the purest intentions, and weren't out to try and protect their champion/ injure the person who beat her.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think in the telegraph it was reported that financing for a RE deal in toronto was done through a russian bank that its believed is a means of funnelling state cash in to western businesses - i am paraphrasing but the connection being state money in US presidents business

Even if a connection like this is not made, DJT does not strike me as the kind of bloke that eill ride this out. He may end up doing himself more damage than anyone else. I was always taught when in a hole stop digging.....
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking just this morning that Trump's playbook from now on should be nothing more that sidestepping every and any question about Russia. Comey or Flynn with a reference to that being under the review of the Special Counsel. It could just give him some freedom to get on with his job.

I don't think he will do that though. Based on his performance to date, I would not be at all surprised to see him do considerably more damage to himself during the SC investigation than has been done to him so far.

IIRC when Deutsche Bank sued him for $640m on a personal guarantee after the financial crisis, he countersued for $3bn claiming the GFC was force majeure. It's that sort of stupidly aggressive counterstroke that could really fuck him.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [GrimOopNorth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GrimOopNorth wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I would love to think this will put an end to the speculation and get everyone back to doing their jobs, but frankly I think the side which doesn't get the finding / outcome they believe is correct will cry foul and it will continue.

Dems 6 months ago: Comey deserves to be fired!
The Donald: You're fired!
Dems now: Trump's fired Comey, he's worse than Hitler!

I am so fucking over this.

Dems now: Wait, you're happy with the guy until you find out he's probably investigating you so you fire him? WTF

FIFY

The Republicans have the House, Senate, and White House, can't get anything done and you're blaming the Democrats?

What has the lack of legislation getting passed have anything to do with Comey getting fired? And when did I blame the democrats, since I presume you're responding to my post?

"get everyone back to doing their jobs,"

True, you didn't blame one side or the other but based on your Dems Hitler comment I took a leap.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mueller seems like a competent no nonsense guy who likes complete control. I'm wondering how well things will work on his end given the way DC news now seems to run on leaks. Mueller will be more than a little grumpy if he has this kind of problem enter his world.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pence is lying sack too...he headed transition team and they were apprised Flynn had foreign dealing problems long before inauguration. Then he trots out on tv shows acting hurt flynn lied to him. Hope the 40% supporting these carnies will wake up. Repubs main goal is more money and control for 1%, table scraps for rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
GrimOopNorth wrote:
I would love to think this will put an end to the speculation and get everyone back to doing their jobs, but frankly I think the side which doesn't get the finding / outcome they believe is correct will cry foul and it will continue.

Dems now: Trump's fired Comey, he's worse than Hitler!

I am so fucking over this.

Bingo.

If this guy doesn't find anything substantial he'll be the next Ken Starr.

Something tells me he is too shrewd to put himself in a position where he will become infamous for all the wrong reasons. While I generally have a very low opinion of everyone in DC, it seems as though there must actually be some truly damning evidence for so many people [on all three sides of the aisle] to be so far out on their respective limbs. With all of the crashing / burning they have seen in the last 25 years even complete morons would tread cautiously.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Mueller seems like a competent no nonsense guy who likes complete control. I'm wondering how well things will work on his end given the way DC news now seems to run on leaks. Mueller will be more than a little grumpy if he has this kind of problem enter his world.

I agree. Judging from Trumps tweets this morning I don't think he understands the gravity of the situation he is in. Someone needs to take his phone. I'm thinking with Mueller we will be hearing a lot less of what's happening until the shoes start dropping. Or if he determines nothing is there. I do not
believe we will be hearing many leaks.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Repubs main goal is more money and control for 1%, table scraps for rest.

Really? Do yo really believe that?

I do. The proof is in their legislation. They believe in trickle down economics. The more money they save the rich, the more the rich can piss down on our heads, I mean trickle down to us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

I do. The proof is in their legislation. They believe in trickle down economics. The more money they save the rich, the more the rich can piss down on our heads, I mean trickle down to us.

Okie dokie.

I'll just mark you down in my "this guy is brainwashed" column.

Ha Ha awesome. You may want to look in the mirror.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which is the more likely result:

1. He finds a connection between Trump's Campaign and the Russians.
2. Trump perjures himself.
3. Nothing happens.
4. 1 and 2.
5. All of the above.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Connections exist. The question is of criminal collusion. That's for the special councel to decide.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Okie dokie.

I'll just mark you down in my "this guy is brainwashed" column.

Ha Ha awesome. You may want to look in the mirror.

I don't make blanket statements about entire political parties or groups of people in certain income brackets.

You probably never even fathomed "the 1%" until you saw sign at an "Occupy" rally.

I don't create villains based flimsy groupings of otherwise unrelated individuals. Do you even know a rebuplican? Do you even know someone in the top 1% of income earners?

When you say "blah blah blah, the 1%!!!!", you sound like an idiot. I know you're not an idiot so this saddens me.

Also a lot of econmic minds greater than you and I have a different opinion of "trickle down" economics than you do.

And one needs to look honestly at the 1980s for an example of how it can work.

And before you scream "deficits!!!!!", that was a spending issue. Revenue to the Fed went up during the Reagan years.

And we can alway bring up the deficits of the last 8 years for comparison.

I was a republican all my life until I became discussed with their lack of social compassion and lack of fiscal responsibility. I never said 1% blah blah blah. I call it the way I see it. The republicans legislation continues to benefit those making over $250,000. They do not believe in any safety net for those less fortunate among us. They want to eliminate all subsidies to the poor. After congress has robbed social security for years the republicans now call it an "entitlement " and want to dissolve it too. You can call me brain washed or any other names you can think of, I don't care. That's the thing about politics, people can cherry pick and spin anything. I know what I believe and if you or anybody else thinks I'm an idiot fine. I'm old enough I'm at the point of Zero Fucks Given.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

And before you scream "deficits!!!!!", that was a spending issue. Revenue to the Fed went up during the Reagan years.

That's right up there with your "hide the decline" bullshit. Federal revenues went up *every single year* from 1971 to 2000, except for one year...1983. You know, during the Reagan years.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
klehner wrote:
Duffy wrote:

That's right up there with your "hide the decline" bullshit. Federal revenues went up *every single year* from 1971 to 2000, except for one year...1983. You know, during the Reagan years.

So what about 81, 82, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88?

What about it? Federal revenues went up *every single year* from 1971 to 2000, except one year during Reagan's term. Your statement about revenues going up during the Reagan years is meaningless at best and deceptive at worst, just like your bullshit attempt to dismiss global warming by pointing at a cherry-picked section of a temperature graph.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Pence is lying sack too...he headed transition team and they were apprised Flynn had foreign dealing problems long before inauguration. Then he trots out on tv shows acting hurt flynn lied to him. Hope the 40% supporting these carnies will wake up. Repubs main goal is more money and control for 1%, table scraps for rest.

Yes that's their goal. FFS. Care to take a shot at the Dems goals?

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

No surprise here. Christ you guys are out of touch lemmings

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
What about it? Federal revenues went up *every single year* from 1971 to 2000, except one year during Reagan's term.

Mmmmm....

You said "every single year", not me.

Nice try but maybe your deception would work better if my actual quote wasn't right there above yours.

Quote:
just like your bullshit attempt to dismiss global warming by pointing at a cherry-picked section of a temperature graph.

Wow, man. The religion is strong with you. You bring up Globalwarmism is a thread about Robert Meuller. Nice work

The only temp graph I've ever posted here is one that covers global temps on a geologic timescale.

If anything is "cherry picked" it would be the graph of just the last 100 years or so.

Do you not believe the earth is that old? Are you one of those "young earthers".

You do seem very susceptible to religious type thinking.

Did I say that you said it went up every year? No: imagine that! I'm pointing out that revenues have gone up historically *all the time*, so your bullshit about revenue going up during the Reagan years is just that: bullshit.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Robert Meuller Appointed [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
A lengthy, broad scope investigation with teeth, into pretty much whatever Muller wants to look into, will take a heavy toll.

I think a lot of members of Congress are secretly hoping the investigation is narrow and not sweeping in scope. Russian money runs through Washington pretty deeply and a lot of people might get snagged in the net and it doesn't start or stop with Trump.

For the record I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton

How I think this will play out (semi-pink but wouldn't be shocked if it happened)
- They will find that the Trump campaign talk to the Russians but no attempts at "rigging" took place
- the Clinton campaign was talking with the Russians and had them find dirt on Trump and Sanders to use in influencing the election/primary
- Huma gets arrested
- Schumer somehow is involved after all his yapping
Quote Reply

Prev Next