Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Santa Rosa 70.3 race day logistics - wallet and cell phone?
Quote | Reply
IM 70.3 Santa Rosa has a point to point bike.
- You have to stow your bike and T1 bag the night before
- You also have to stow your T2 run bag & post race stuff the night before

So what do folks do to have their wallet and cell phone post race?
(Edited. I had said point to point run. Meant point to point bike)
Last edited by: twain: May 8, 17 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa 70.3 race day logistics - wallet and cell phone? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the obvious choice is gear check race day no? I assume there is such a thing. No i didn't look lol

//Noob triathlete//bike commuter//ex-swimmer//slower than you

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa 70.3 race day logistics - wallet and cell phone? [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A point to point run? The run starts and finishes right at/near Courthouse Square. You DO have to check in your Bike the day before, and your T2 stuff...you do not have to check your post-race stuff the day before. Have you read the athlete guide?

"MANDATORY BIKE/ RUN CHECK-IN Bike and Bike Gear Bag Check-In: Transition 1 at Lake Sonoma Run Gear Bag Check-In: Transition 2 at Courthouse Square BIKE CHECK IN: On Friday, May 12, athletes must check in their bike from 10 AM to 5 PM in Transition 1 at Lake Sonoma or register their bike with Tri Bike Transport for their bike shuttle program, see the event website for more details.

Bike gear Check-In is optional on Friday. You may also bring your gear into transition on race morning."

RUN GEAR CHECK IN: Mandatory Run Gear Check In is from 9 AM to 4 PM on Friday May 12.

Bike and Run Gear Pick-Up will be available near Transition 2 at Courthouse Square starting at 2 PM on race day... As a reminder, you will NOT have access to this bag race morning, so it must be set to go when you check it in on Friday.”

"MORNING CLOTHES BAG Morning Clothes Drop Off (race morning only): Transition 1 at Lake Sonoma."

If you're feeling brave, you can put your cell phone and wallet in your morning clothes bag (assuming you'll be bringing it with you on race morning) and you'll have it (and post-race clothes) once you're done. Otherwise, just leave it in your car.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa 70.3 race day logistics - wallet and cell phone? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
If you're feeling brave, you can put your cell phone and wallet in your morning clothes bag (assuming you'll be bringing it with you on race morning) and you'll have it (and post-race clothes) once you're done. Otherwise, just leave it in your car.

This is what I do. Never had any issues

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa 70.3 race day logistics - wallet and cell phone? [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto leave in car. Car keys in bike bag under seat or tied to shorts (double knot). A few dollars stowed somewhere in case after race.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Santa Rosa 70.3 race day logistics - wallet and cell phone? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - I think that's the plan.
- Park at the race finish race morning to catch the shuttle.
- Keep the wallet and phone in the car. Stash extra key on the bike or in T2 bag.
Quote Reply