Brownie28 wrote:

UPDATED:
He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 4
He's gone before serving out first term - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 8
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 4
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 3

I think I updated it properly. I added gone before serving out first term for myself plus the above 2.
Last edited by: ajthomas: Feb 17, 17 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
"He's gone before Q1 2018 - 4" because he walks past a mirror late this year and sees how pale he's become. Obviously wanting to fix that and retain his unique melonesque glow, he requests that White House staffers have a new tanning bed installed, offering to pay for it himself, of course. Unfortunately, this is an old White House; the wiring is just not up to the task of his chosen tanner and cannot be sufficiently modified. "I'll settle for a local tanner," he thinks, "but only if I can have a Taco Bell & KFC combo built in the White House kitchen so I can get my delicious taco salad, fried chicken, and chalky freeze dried mashed potatoes at will." OSHA won't allow it, as too many WH staffers are allergic to the cooking oil in the air and, again, this is an old White House and proper venting cannot be built. "The media is after me," he reasons, "I'm going back to NYC where I can be the king of Trumptopia, but first I must use my executive powers and pardon myself for grabbing Hillary by the...."
Full marks to you for being the only person in this thread with a sense of humor. I thought I'd get some Friday levity but most everyone wants to be serious.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you imagine if the GOP leadership- Ryan and McConnell- lead the charge to oust Trump- especially if they did it before the midterm elections? Pence, the new POTUS, would be far less influential than Ryan and pave a way for Ryan to win the nomination in 2020.

That display of self policing would take a huge weapon- the gross incompetence of DJT- away from the Dems in the 2018 and 2020 elections.

I'd bet that they could get more of their agenda done before 2020 without DJT and his related distractions, arrogance, and bumbling.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once repubs get tax cuts and some semblance of health care reform, they will only back him if safety net modified. Add more military spending for Iran, Syria, & n. Korea, egged on by china and Russia we will have more debt then even dems can stomach.....so 1 term if he is lucky. Given greedy bastRds he has installed another market crash in next 3 years. Plus 3 more years of watching this clown show will lower iqs by 5 points.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you seen a picture of Warren where she doesn't look like a deer in the headlight. She isn't telegenic and she isn't interesting beyond a rabid liberal base of solid blue states.

Hell, she might not even get reelected in Massachusetts unless Curt Schilling manages to run against her.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 0
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 0
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 1
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 0

Why would anyone bet against The Donald? It's like taking Atlanta and 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Because father time is undefeated. He's too old now, as was Hillary. Bob Goldthwait made the joke when Reagan was running for a second term, and it fits here as well.

Donald Trump will be 74 when he starts his second term. My grandfather is 74. We don't leave him in charge of the remote.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Why would anyone bet against The Donald? It's like taking Atlanta and 3 points in the Super Bowl.

Because father time is undefeated. He's too old now, as was Hillary. Bob Goldthwait made the joke when Reagan was running for a second term, and it fits here as well.

Donald Trump will be 74 when he starts his second term. My grandfather is 74. We don't leave him in charge of the remote.

It doesn't appear that competency is really all that important to Trump supporters though.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

Trump has proven he has stamina remember? Remember when McCain was running against Obama, his age came up. Despite running 7 miles 3 times a week, there were some doubts he would live past his first term, leaving us with you know who. He is still alive unfortunately. He will probably survive another 6 years so I might have to pull the lever for him again, unfortunately. People like that, and Donald trump live forever. My dad is still alive despite not having a single redeeming quality and taking really, really bad care of himself. He'll probably outlive me. I already have my obituary ready for him.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [kilar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kilar wrote:
TheForge wrote:
So you liberals better tape up your nipples because this is going to be a marathon.

I laughed out loud at this. I'll go 2024.

I'm waiting for a haircut at a barber shop and burst out laughing.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe somebody can put that as their signature line.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump on the first day of Comey's testimony.

Anyone want to change their vote?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2024, see my consistency on this. I don't like him, but barring actual evidence, this will be a marathon. The iller he gets, the more his base likes him. People like me will always vote red, and lets be frank, what democrats think doesn't matter.

Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [kilar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kilar wrote:
TheForge wrote:
So you liberals better tape up your nipples because this is going to be a marathon.

I laughed out loud at this. I'll go 2024.

Yes, that was a genuine coffee meets monitor moment.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord

Emperor Trumpaltine has a nice ring to it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two terms. Unless he has health problems, but I'll bet two terms.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Bump on the first day of Comey's testimony.

Anyone want to change their vote?

Just waiting to get my 50 bucks on 1/1/18 (or somewhere in the following weeks)
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The iller he gets, the more his base likes him. People like me will always vote red, and lets be frank, what democrats think doesn't matter.

The first part of this is 100% correct when talking about the hard-core base of supporters for populist style of politicians such as Trump. The truly hard-core base will support him right up to the absolute proving of any wrong-doing. All the blustering, blundering, mistakes, incompetence etc . . does not matter. He's there guy!

What is NOT understood by Trump and Co. is that while they did win the Electoral College vote in a convincing manner, hopefully fairly, when you drill down, the whole of EC vote tipped on a couple 100,000 votes in a few of the select swing states. For the EC vote to go the other way towards the Democrats - forget about the millions of other votes/voters, it's those 100,000+ that are key. That's not that, big a margin to work with. Trump and the GOP are governing like they have a massive mandate - which by the top and obvious numbers they do, it's those lower down numbers and those 100,000+ voters that are key.

Trump's popularity ( yes I know you think all the polls are #fakenews) is at I believe an all-time low for a new President. How many of those 100,000+ key voters would change their vote, now and in four years?

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remains to be seen. I don't think any of his base has even thought about pulling their support though, and especially not because he said Obama tapped his phone.

If he keeps doing what he's doing, he's going to get every single vote he got last time and then some. Who are the Democrats going to put up against him?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think any of his base has even thought about pulling their support though,

I agree, and that's what I said in my previous post. I'm not talking about them - it's the 100,000 or so voters in the swing states that actually decided the election. Just after the election CBC (here in Canada) traveled down to Pennsylvania & Ohio and interviewed many voters who, voted for Trump. A number of them had historically voted Democrat, but this time they were interested and willing to give Trump a chance - to see what he can do. In four years, will those sorts of people be voting Trump again? Would they vote for Trump again today? These are the folks that are going to decide 2020!

As for who the Democrats will run with - they have the benefit of not just time now to figure this out, but also, watching what Trump is doing daily ( his wins and his missteps), and finding someone who will best go up against Trump in an election.

They say 6 months is a LONG time in politics! we're only 2 months into the Presidency of Donald Trump!

Last edited by: Fleck: Mar 21, 17 8:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
If he keeps doing what he's doing, he's going to get every single vote he got last time and then some. Who are the Democrats going to put up against him?

Is that you Donald? Are you posting here?
Or are you just another Trump Ball Washer so detached from reality that you still believe this train wreck of a human being has any redeeming leadership ability.

The longer he stays in power the more likely he is to bring the Republican party to the tipping point where they realize that a) they are sinking the country b) by supporting this idiot they are permanently destroying their own party. There will be an internal revolt in an attempt to distance the party from the leader. Expect a concerted PR barrage of outraged Republicans and conservative talking head to say: 'He really wasn't a Republican. A RINO. We never wanted him. etc..."

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't appear that competency is really all that important to Trump supporters though.

The strange thing is . . it's not! Other things are more important to the Trump voter. They make no sense, to us - but that IS the point. And this is the important thing those opposing Trump need to understand - in a world of rational and commonsense thought, it makes no sense, but the more you berate, and demonize a Donald Trump, the deeper his support becomes for his more ardent supporters. It's all upside down, but that's the way it is.

We saw this in a micro way with former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford - after he admitted to buying and smoking cocaine, admitted to being an addict, admitted to driving drunk and all sorts of other sordid things, admitted in court and under oath, that he had been incompetent in his role as Mayor and derelict in his duties, and after his peers on Toronto City Council, decided to strip him of most of his powers as Mayor, leaving him as Mayor in name only - Ford's support GREW!! It's a head-shaker to be sure - but it's important to know this and the dynamics, if you want to oppose it!

Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other things are more important to the Trump voter. They make no sense, to us

You're right.

I'm not a Trump voter, but yeah, other things are more important to me than Trump fitting the presidential mold and appearing competent. Things like Supreme Court appointees and overturning the ACA and protecting American jobs and strengthening the middle class.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
2024, see my consistency on this. I don't like him, but barring actual evidence, this will be a marathon. The iller he gets, the more his base likes him. People like me will always vote red, and lets be frank, what democrats think doesn't matter.

Perhaps, but his approval rating trend is not good. (Historically worst ever at this time.) Should this trend continue, there will come a time when the more of Republicans in the the House and Senate will realize that their alignment with him is not in their best interest and become at a minimum unsupportive of him but potentially turn on him.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Or are you just another Trump Ball Washer so detached from reality...

Haha. Vitus has been one of the most vocal and effective critics of Trump on this forum.

Your irrational hatred and fear of Trump has you detached from reality.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think any of his base has even thought about pulling their support though, and especially not because he said Obama tapped his phone.

A lot of Trump's support came from the "anyone but Hilary" campaign, more a vote against her than for Trump. The core of his base will support him no matter what (just read some of the posters here) though. None of them will change because of what Obama did, since they hate Obama almost as much as they hate Hilary. It remains to be seen how many of his supporters will continue their infatuation if the jobs don't return, or the economy falters, or the U.S enters another war. Most importantly however, will be the impact of any new healthcare bill on the average working American.

If the Democrats put up anyone but Hilary, they will do better. With Trump's continued acts of self-destruction, I think a lot of people will be mobilized, far more than were ready to stand up for Hilary. Just having a unified party, instead of the Sanders/Clinton divide will likely mean a Democratic win.

Trump has a chance to do some good if he could ever get off Twitter and start actually trying to govern but I don't see it. I don't think he has the least bit of interest in policies and governing. His supporters seem to love the different approach to governing but it may well wear thin, not for them but for a lot of the people who voted against Hilary. I also think Trump's biggest challenge in 2020 might be from within the Republican party.
Quote Reply

Prev Next