Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Trump will no longer be President in...
Quote | Reply
Ok so this has been a fun three weeks, I've gotten a kick out of most of it, been alarmed by some of it, been embarrassed about a decent amount of it, but mostly I see a trainwreck that could rumble on for years and I wonder: how long do people believe Trump will 'last'? Will he serve out the term, get reelected in 2020, get impeached or (god forbid) assassinated before he finishes his term?

These are your options, add to the number next to the one you're voting for. Add an explanation below your answer, extra credit for entertaining explanations.

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 0
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 1
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 0
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Ok so this has been a fun three weeks, I've gotten a kick out of most of it, been alarmed by some of it, been embarrassed about a decent amount of it, but mostly I see a trainwreck that could rumble on for years and I wonder: how long do people believe Trump will 'last'? Will he serve out the term, get reelected in 2020, get impeached or (god forbid) assassinated before he finishes his term?

These are your options, add to the number next to the one you're voting for. Add an explanation below your answer, extra credit for entertaining explanations.

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 0
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 2
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 0

A normal person would be gone this year, realizing his inadequacy for the job. Unfortunately, Trump is not a normal person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95QqBXLG2I

The difference is that Capt. Queeg realized how batshit crazy he sounded.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Ok so this has been a fun three weeks, I've gotten a kick out of most of it, been alarmed by some of it, been embarrassed about a decent amount of it, but mostly I see a trainwreck that could rumble on for years and I wonder: how long do people believe Trump will 'last'? Will he serve out the term, get reelected in 2020, get impeached or (god forbid) assassinated before he finishes his term?

These are your options, add to the number next to the one you're voting for. Add an explanation below your answer, extra credit for entertaining explanations.

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 1
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 1
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 0

As I bet Windywave $50 in another thread, he is gone by 1.1.2018. Might be impeached, might resign (highly doubtful), might be removed for insanity, or might die. I don't care how it happens, as it is obvious that he is a danger to the entire planet.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would not be surprised if he serves less than a year.

he will piss off the wrong people who can release some major dirt and he will be finished, possibly be the first president in our history jailed.

thats my big prediction.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok so this is where we are (already going off the rails three posts in)


He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 2
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 0
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
i would not be surprised if he serves less than a year.

he will piss off the wrong people who can release some major dirt and he will be finished, possibly be the first president in our history jailed.

thats my big prediction.

I would think any old dirt on him has already been dug up, so it would have to be some new sort of scandal most likely?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 2
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 1

Next executive order: he declares himself president for life. He has the title engraved on a plaque, and his supremacy becomes irrefutable.

Or, I guess he'll just flail out the duration of a single term... but that seems far less likely.

[ This Space For Rent ]
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I predict he will serve his term and run again in 2020 but will be challenged in the GOP, by a number of candidates.

Paul Ryan will win the nomination and then beat the Democratic nominee for President.

You're welcome.

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 17, 17 10:00
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
veganerd wrote:
i would not be surprised if he serves less than a year.

he will piss off the wrong people who can release some major dirt and he will be finished, possibly be the first president in our history jailed.

thats my big prediction.


I would think any old dirt on him has already been dug up, so it would have to be some new sort of scandal most likely?
They're trying, my god are they trying. If dirt can be found, even if it's mostly-false dirt, it will be found.

Just a matter of if it's impeachable dirt. I wouldn't be shocked if the Russia ties are blown out of proportion and some loose threads are tied together and he's impeached for treasonous acts.

And for the record it wouldn't bother me a ton...it's obvious he's in way over his head and he's embarrassing himself and this country, and I worry what he'll do as he's continuous bombarded from all angles. This isn't a level-headed, rational person at the best of times. I don't think it would set a great precedent, but it's also fair to say Trump is rather unprecedented.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally impossible to say.

As much as everyone is losing their minds over his latest press conference, the fact is that there still isn't much substance there. He's not going to be removed from office because he's a loudmouthed jerk. That's how he got into office.

There are some legitimate concerns that I think could lead to real problems for him. I don't know how much of the Russian connection is true, or how much is provable, but that could derail him. And the conflicts of interests that his businesses present are going to be a continual problem for him. Possibly impeachable at a certain point.

I'm not sure his ego would allow him to declare victory after one term and walk away. And so far, his base has no real reason to abandon him, and no reason to switch back to the establishment. I can't say he wouldn't win a second term.








"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must I do everything?

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 3
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 1
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll go 2024. As a society, we have solidified partisan lines on both sides leaving such a small percentage needed to win. Trump stood no chance based on his boorish behavior during the campaign, yet he pulled it off. The dems are still suffering shock and awe without really understanding why they lost. They will put up warren or somebody like her, who is still losing to trump, and they will double down on identity politics further alienating his base. He managed to alienate every single democrat that voted for Hillary and my guess is more republicans will turn out for him after seeing even a moderate amount of success, just becasue he is the republican. This means he will have an inherent advantage as president, economy can't totally reverse, but will likely increase in that time one way or another, and barring any sort of actual criminal findings, inertia will be on his side.

So you liberals better tape up your nipples because this is going to be a marathon.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, actuaries have calculated Trump has about a 9% chance of dying before the end of a second term. Which seems remarkably low for a 70 year old man. He took a ding for his unhealthy diet. Not sure if he exercises or not, or if that was factored into the calculations (it wasn't mentioned in the article).
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Feb 17, 17 10:11
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
So you liberals better tape up your nipples because this is going to be a marathon.

I laughed out loud at this. I'll go 2024.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updated...

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 3
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 1
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 1
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Ok so this is where we are (already going off the rails three posts in)


He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 2
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 0
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 0

i said less than a year, that would be before q2 2017.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
i said less than a year, that would be before q2 2017.
Updated below, but 'before Q1 2018' is also less than a year - maybe I should have just said 'gone by 12/31/2017' but the second option was meant for any time this year; the first option is by 3/31.

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 1
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 1
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 3
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 1
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 1
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Trump will survive the 4 years, yes he's an awful person and an adolescent to boot.
But the republicans control the levers of power and will not make any attempts to remove him.
Perhaps after the mid-terms - but I doubt that even if dems get some control of congress.
We're stuck with Trump, so thanks Duffy, JSA and various right wingers.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
FWIW, actuaries have calculated Trump has about a 9% chance of dying before the end of a second term. Which seems remarkably low for a 70 year old man. He took a ding for his unhealthy diet. Not sure if he exercises or not, or if that was factored into the calculations (it was mentioned in the article).

That was back in September of 2016 before he got elected and had historic low approval ratings a month in. Those approval ratings are going to take a toll on someone with such a fragile ego and in need of adoration.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
veganerd wrote:
i said less than a year, that would be before q2 2017.
Updated below, but 'before Q1 2018' is also less than a year - maybe I should have just said 'gone by 12/31/2017' but the second option was meant for any time this year; the first option is by 3/31.

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 1
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 1
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 3
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 1
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 1


hahahaha ok, my stupid moment for the day, im still not used to writing 2017. i was REALLY thinking before 2q 2018 when i said less than a year, and wrote 2017 as next year.

feel free to make fun of me.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [kilar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will take 2033 when his heirs take over.

The first to be "disappeared" will NOT be liberals and illegals. Trump needs to clean house first.

Order of disappearances:
1) Principaled conservatives
2) Loudmouth conservatives
3) Loudmouth liberals
4) Business rivals
5) Random people who are "ratted out" by their neighbors over petty jealousies.

It is a long shot bet.

But I want to benefit if things go really badly.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
FWIW, actuaries have calculated Trump has about a 9% chance of dying before the end of a second term. Which seems remarkably low for a 70 year old man. He took a ding for his unhealthy diet. Not sure if he exercises or not, or if that was factored into the calculations (it was mentioned in the article).


That was back in September of 2016 before he got elected and had historic low approval ratings a month in. Those approval ratings are going to take a toll on someone with such a fragile ego and in need of adoration.

I think there's a reasonable chance Trump is actually delusional enough that he doesn't believe such things and/or it doesn't stress him anyway. He seems to thrive on being the asshole center of attention.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
I'll go 2024. As a society, we have solidified partisan lines on both sides leaving such a small percentage needed to win. Trump stood no chance based on his boorish behavior during the campaign, yet he pulled it off. The dems are still suffering shock and awe without really understanding why they lost. They will put up warren or somebody like her, who is still losing to trump, and they will double down on identity politics further alienating his base. He managed to alienate every single democrat that voted for Hillary and my guess is more republicans will turn out for him after seeing even a moderate amount of success, just becasue he is the republican. This means he will have an inherent advantage as president, economy can't totally reverse, but will likely increase in that time one way or another, and barring any sort of actual criminal findings, inertia will be on his side.

So you liberals better tape up your nipples because this is going to be a marathon.

You and I both know that most economic indicators today are already at pretty stellar levels. He ran on the platform that we're in terrible shape but that's simply not true - we were in terrible shape in '09. I can't see how he can deliver on his promises to his base. The market (and following that the economy) is quite likely to crash or at least correct sooner rather than later. He can blame that on a number of people but those conditions rarely favor those already in power.

I'll grudgingly accept that he'll bumble through the end of his term, the economy will be in the shitter by then and he'll lose to someone like Romney who has actual business chops.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update!

He's gone before Q2 2017 - 0
He's gone before Q1 2018 - 2
He's gone after serving out one term (2020) - 3
He's gone after serving out two terms (2024) - 1
He's never gone, bow down to your new overlord - 2

Interestingly we have almost as many dictator picks as 'one term President'. And yet no one thinks the past three weeks indicate he's so out of control he'll be gone in the next six weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump will no longer be President in... [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say by the end of 2017.
I have a related side bet with a friend: Russia will invade a neighbor (probably Ukraine) by the end of March.
Quote Reply

Prev Next