Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Has anyone rented a bike from Race Day Wheels?
Quote | Reply
My pessimism about getting my Andean before St. George 70.3 is growing. It appears that Race Day Wheels also rents bikes, Scott Plasma for $300, add Zipps for an additional $130. That's a pretty good deal, just a bit more than I was planning on spending to get my (as yet nonexistent) Andean there via TriBikeTransport. Has anyone rented a bike from them before? If so, was the bike in good shape, ready to roll (race)?

Thanks,
-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Has anyone rented a bike from Race Day Wheels? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I rented a Felt IA16 last year in Texas. Had absolutely no problems and was very happy with my decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At IM Lou 2015 4 people had their bikes stolen from RDW's tent. The bikes were dropped off at the RDW tent to get wheels swapped out, and when they were to be picked up by the rightful owner the owners were told that they had already been picked up. From what I read from various accounts it seemed like they had quite a hassle with RDW at first and eventually told their insurance wouldn't cover it, but I'm not sure at what point RDW finally came out and said that they would make the 4 people whole. Fortunately we had a fairy tale ending and all the bikes were recovered, but I always thought it was a bit telling about how they run things. The reports I read the bikes were marked as already have been picked up, but when RDW commented they made it sound like the bikes were stolen prior to pick up. So did they not know what was going on? Or did they give the bike out to the wrong person? Which was it? And how are they preventing this same thing from occurring in the future?

You can read about one guy's experience here. RDW posts on page 3.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...E_FOUND***_P5729215/

Anyway, I'm sure many people have had positive experiences with RDW. I have never had any, no need. Just thought if we're sharing stories about RDW that this one be remembered. They eventually did say that they'd make everyone whole which I think is one of the most important parts, alongside preventing these things from occurring again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've rented from them twice, both experiences mostly positive. The second time around, being more seasoned, I had measurements to attain and was a bit disappointed when they didn't have spacers available to raise the bars but nothing a LBS wasn't able to fix quickly. Just make sure to pick it up on opening day of the village (meaning you must arrive to the destination early) so you can ride it around a bit.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a mechanical at last years Eagleman and rented a Plasma from them the day before the race - excellent service, saved my race and no issues whatsoever. I would highly recommend them.
Quote Reply