Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious question. If abortion is murder, then what do you do about miscarriages? Should there be a funeral? Should women who miscarry without saving the products of conception (this is the medical term) be charged with indignity to human remains?
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:

heres how a vegan can be peo choice in a super dumbed down argument: a cow demonstrably suffers more than a 12 week old fetus. about 90% of abortions happen before the 13th week..

How do you know that?

I simply cannot comprehend the mental gymnastics required to maintain these two moral philosophies at the same time.

i base that on what we know about the nervous systems of a 12 week old fetus as well as those of a cow.

there is no mental gymnastics required, the position, as stated, is consistent.

The key term is "what we know." It's going to be quite embarrassing to a number of you when we know more.

I guess there isn't any mental gymnastics required when you are able to fool yourself into certain beliefs.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
The key term is "what we know." It's going to be quite embarrassing to a number of you when we know more.

no. it wont. because i base my position on the best available evidence. thats the cornerstone of science based skepticism.

being wrong is never a source of emarrassment because im happy to change my mind. its fundamentally no different than gaining knowledge. further, basing your position on what we know, if what we know is incorrect, while wrong in facts, is not analogous to holding a position contradictory to what is known and accepted.

its a really odd of you to say that learning new information through scientific study is embarrassing. i doubt you actually believe that and wouldn't argue it, if you paused to consider it for a moment.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Serious question. If abortion is murder, then what do you do about miscarriages? Should there be a funeral?

Often there are funerals. A friend of mine miscarried. They had a funeral. It's fairly common.

Also, if you kill a pregnant you can be, and often are, charged with two murders.

Even here in ultra-liberal California that happens.

For what it's worth, I believe the dirty, selfish, worthless cunt the OP is talking about has every right to kill her babies as a form of birth control for purely connivence related reasons.

And I also have the right to consider her a dirty, selfish, cunt whore. Fuck that lady. I'm glad she'd kill for convenience. She'd most likely raise her kids to grow up into real fucking shitty people. Fuck her and fuck her unborn babies.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

no. it wont. because i base my position on the best available evidence. thats the cornerstone of science based skepticism.

being wrong is never a source of emarrassment because im happy to change my mind. its fundamentally no different than gaining knowledge. further, basing your position on what we know, if what we know is incorrect, while wrong in facts, is not analogous to holding a position contradictory to what is known and accepted.

its a really odd of you to say that learning new information through scientific study is embarrassing. i doubt you actually believe that and wouldn't argue it, if you paused to consider it for a moment.

The only thing that's odd is refusing to destroy the eggs of a chicken, while harboring no hesitation to destroy the fertilized eggs of a human.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those chickens are exploited!!!!!

Don't forget, he doesn't eat honey either. It comes from exploited bees!!!!!!

I wish I was joking.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

The only thing that's odd is refusing to destroy the eggs of a chicken, while harboring no hesitation to destroy the fertilized eggs of a human.

so you dont understand the reason i am generally against the practice of consumijg chicken eggs. you can save some trouble of having an incorrect argument against me by asking instead of assuming.

ill give you a hint...it has nothing to do with eggs.

Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I wish I was joking.

you may not be joking, but youre wrong.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I wish I was joking.

Do you consume honey?

If not, why not?

Why don't you consume eggs?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I think if you did some looking around you'd find that in science "Human life" and "Individual human life" are used differently, at least that is my understanding

I don't know what to tell you. Your understanding is perfectly wrong. A fertilized human embryo is an individual human organism, a unique, distinct, human being. Again, science. It's not just some "organ" of the mother until brain waves develop.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I wish I was joking.

Do you consume honey?

If not, why not?

Why don't you consume eggs?

i do sometimes.

i dont consume eggs because im against the practice of factory farming. im also not against someone eating eggs in every circumstance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In California we can only get "cruelty free" eggs certified by our government overlords.

It's the law.

You should move here.

Btw, I don't eat honey. I use agave nectar instead. Honey is murder!

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

One point to be clear on, if you disagree with that, that's fine. But understand that selfishness and immorality are not the motivators that drive that decision.

If she's simply saying she's not ready, that (at least to me) sounds like a child is an imposition on her current way of life. How is that not me me me? Just curious on your take.

Are any of us really ready? In general we end up coping
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
What if the woman makes the choice on her own?

She must have had a good reason not to have your baby, and, quite frankly, I don't blame her.

What are you talking about?

You said abortion was only the business of a man if their sperm was involved so I asked about women who make the choice on their own. The pro-choice crowd typically supports a woman's right to choose, not a couple's right.

So, my question is, are you pro-choice if the woman can choose without any input from the man?

I am not pro-choice, I am anti human procreation. Why would anyone, in their right mind and good conscious, create a being who knows it is going to die? Having children is a selfish act of cowardice.

Ok, this little quote here should be saved for posterity sake. And now other stupid things you have said here make a lot of sense. That's a very radical leftist idea you have there, and we should know who we are dealing with when you say the idiotic things you tend to.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If she's simply saying she's not ready, that (at least to me) sounds like a child is an imposition on her current way of life. How is that not me me me? Just curious on your take.

Its me me me as much as you eating a hamburger is killing a cow for selfish reasons.

If you were to, say, cut down a tree, we don't generally qualify that as being selfish. Selfishness generally implies that its done at the expense of someone else. I don't consider an organism that has never had a thought to be "someone else."

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
Quote:

Its me me me as much as you eating a hamburger is killing a cow for selfish reasons.

If you were to, say, cut down a tree, we don't generally qualify that as being selfish. Selfishness generally implies that its done at the expense of someone else. I don't consider an organism that has never had a thought to be "someone else."

Careful with this...somebody will now require you to define "thought" and that will take the whole thread from abortion through eating honey/eggs to something else :-)

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vag.

I would like you to explain your ivf comparison. Ignore all other talking points, just telll me what you are getting at. Don't ask me a question either, please explain.

Thanks.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with IVF is that it results in multiple fertilized embryos, most of which end up being discarded.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
The problem with IVF is that it results in multiple fertilized embryos, most of which end up being discarded.

I see.

Here's how we did it. We told the Dr not to try to create more than two embryos. We told the Dr to implant all viable embryos (only one of the two was). Amazingly we were the first patients at that clinic to insist upon this. Usually I think they talk people out of it.

Of course we did this so that we would not be discarding any embryos. I can see why people go the 'create 5-9' route but we stood by our convictions. Amidst lots of Dr pressure to not do that.

Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an admirable course. Sincerely. I have not heard of anyone doing that until now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
That's an admirable course. Sincerely. I have not heard of anyone doing that until now.

As I said, it wasn't easy. The Dr puts a lot of pressure on you to create more than you might need.

But it can be done. You just have to insist.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just adding... I had to be talked into this. But I agree with my wife now. A life is a life at any stage.

And yes, Ms. BLeP is an admirable woman.

Last edited by: BLeP: Mar 12, 17 23:58
Quote Reply
Re: One for the pro choice crowd... [wasusnowme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wasusnowme wrote:

I am not pro-choice, I am anti human procreation. Why would anyone, in their right mind and good conscious, create a being who knows it is going to die? Having children is a selfish act of cowardice.

Do you entertain suicidal thoughts? Serious question. Have you talked to anyone about it? Please do.

Last edited by: BLeP: Mar 13, 17 0:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:

If we are talking about a fetus before brain waves (~12 weeks) it is, for all intents and purposes, no different than any other organ, excepting that it will probably become a separate sentient human being, eventually.

That's a pretty MASSIVE difference!!!

no its not. you abort a fetus, not a possibility of a human. you have no way of knowing if the aborted fetus would have ever survived or aborted on its own.

if you want to talk about the possibility of life as an argument against abortion then you commit a holocaust every time you masturbate. monster!

You are not very good at this. Of course we know what happens to a fetus when not aborted. We have over 7.4 billion examples currently walking around.

More to the point - it is inconceivable to me that a vegan could be "pro-choice."

I suggested this to our veggie loving friend. It's fun watching his mental gymnastics on this issue.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
JSA wrote:
BarryP wrote:

If we are talking about a fetus before brain waves (~12 weeks) it is, for all intents and purposes, no different than any other organ, excepting that it will probably become a separate sentient human being, eventually.

That's a pretty MASSIVE difference!!!

no its not. you abort a fetus, not a possibility of a human. you have no way of knowing if the aborted fetus would have ever survived or aborted on its own.

if you want to talk about the possibility of life as an argument against abortion then you commit a holocaust every time you masturbate. monster!

Of course anyone with any kind of grasp on human reproduction would never use such a stupid argument.

Quote Reply

Prev Next