Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"What you read has apparently been heavily edited."

i didn't read it. i watched it. and it wasn't edited at all. it was 6+ minutes, straight through. want me to show you a link? i'm happy to see the part before, where he says, "everything that comes after this is what i really do not believe."

If it's the same six minute video I saw it is one that, according to Milo, has been heavily edited.

I don't know if it was or not.

Without much doubt Milo is saying that, in some cases, it's ok (or even good) for a 13 year old boy to have a sexual relationship with a "grown man".

And I think this is a perfectly good discussion to have. I also think that people can believe what it appears that Milo does without being a pedophile, or someone who is excusing pedophilia.

All that said, I can see where someone might get the impression that Milo is excusing pedophila (even though I disagree with that opinion).

After working in a middle school for almost a decade with five years of coaching MS track and XC after that, I disagree that it is a perfectly good discussion to have.

That's nice to know that your teaching experience has made you the arbiter of what can and can't be talked about.

Here's an idea, if you don't want to talk about something then don't. Just stay out of the way of those that do.

You are right. You are much better suited using your N=1 to justify talking about whether adults should be having sex with 13 year olds. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I don't know what N=1 example you're referring to but I'm if the mindset that no subject is off limits for discussion. So again, if you don't want to discuss the subject of this thread then feel free to excuse yourself and please stay out of the way of those who do want to discuss it.

But if you do want to have this discussion I like for you to point out where you think I said it's ok for adults to have sex with 13 year olds.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:
I don't know most of these names, but did you see Woody Allen on the list?

if there was only one name, it would be woody allen.

I know right.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After working in a middle school for almost a decade with five years of coaching MS track and XC after that, I disagree that it is a perfectly good discussion to have.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And there just doesn't seem like there is enough substance there to bother with the bullshit. His schtick is just seeing how far he can push the trolling and then mock the people who take offense.

I agree. I thought he would be as many describe him as bright and creative. I find he simply says things to get people upset and then hides behind the First Amendment. After a few minutes I thought his act was already getting old.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your positive experience having sex with an older woman at a young age is your N=1. Everything you have said in here (and other threads on this topic) point to willingness to have a discussion on whether you think it's ok for an adult to have a sexual relationship with an underage, postpubescent child. These days that could be a 10 or 11 year old. Again, WTF is wrong with you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See, there you go again. My only iron lad statement on the matter is that attraction to postpubescent people is not pedophilia.

My other point is that there are numerous examples of people over 18 who have had relations with people unde 18 where no harm was done.

From that you try to imply that I think it's ok for adults to have sex with 10 year olds. Nice try.

You protest a little too hard here.

Maybe you shouldn't be around kids.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Feb 21, 17 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Shocked it took this long for that to come out. You are nothing but a clown.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Please discuss things iv actually said that you take issue with or go away.

You mad the implication that I condone sex with 10 year olds. You can either back up that implication or you can go away. Nothing I said here even mentioned 10-11 year olds. That came from your mind, not mine.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Please discuss things iv actually said that you take issue with or go away.

You mad the implication that I condone sex with 10 year olds. You can either back up that implication or you can go away. Nothing I said here even mentioned 10-11 year olds. That came from your mind, not mine.

Don't leave it up for debate then. Your iron clad statement insinuates it would be ok. Your statement that people over the age of 18 have had sex with people under the age of 18 and turned out OK insinuates that. That didn't come from my mind. That came from another one of your purposely vague statements so that when called out, you think you get a "gotcha" moment. If I was you, I'd quit jumping into these threads based on your sick post a few weeks ago. It's you that shouldn't be around kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Isn't always bad" does not equal "always ok".

"Under 18" does not mean 10.

And what was it about my dead cat post that had anything to do with children?

What's interesting here is that I haven't even expressed my opinion on adults who have relations with much younger people yet you seem to think you know what my opinion is.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Feb 21, 17 12:49
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only know of two Milo's of any importance

Milo Minderbinder

Milo Aukerman

Carry on

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say that at this point, I do feel sorry for him. Trying to normalize pedophilia probably comes from him still grappling with his own abuse. That is very sad, but a lot of abuse victims cope this way. Unfortunately that way of coping... the "I'm ok, I'm ok, it was ok, it was no big deal"... the minimalization and normalization of the experience is what perpetuates the abuse. Kids who were abused are often abusers because they try so hard, in their own minds, to make it OK. I think that is what is going on here, and that is really tragic.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [Running mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:
I have to say that at this point, I do feel sorry for him. Trying to normalize pedophilia probably comes from him still grappling with his own abuse. That is very sad, but a lot of abuse victims cope this way. Unfortunately that way of coping... the "I'm ok, I'm ok, it was ok, it was no big deal"... the minimalization and normalization of the experience is what perpetuates the abuse. Kids who were abused are often abusers because they try so hard, in their own minds, to make it OK. I think that is what is going on here, and that is really tragic.

He wasn't trying to nornmalize pedophila. In fact he stated explicitly that he very much opposed to and sickened by pedophilia.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thoughts?....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"Bill Clinton is the epitome of a misogynist. His status among so-called advocates for women is mind boggling"

donald trump is the epitome of a misogynist. His status among women (or any) republican voters is mind boggling.

it took you one post to backslide from your agreement with me that both sides can acts in ways equally morally repugnant.

Just because I didn't say that Trump is a misogynist doesn't mean I don't think he is.

Trump isn't defended by "advocates for women" either. Quite the opposite. All I'm asking for is consistency. If you engage in misogynistic behavior you should be condemned by "advocates for women", or not, whether you are a D or a R.

Seems like to me a big difference between Trump and Clinton is that with the latter there's plausible deniability not so much with the former.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
"Bill Clinton is the epitome of a misogynist. His status among so-called advocates for women is mind boggling"

donald trump is the epitome of a misogynist. His status among women (or any) republican voters is mind boggling.

it took you one post to backslide from your agreement with me that both sides can acts in ways equally morally repugnant.

Just because I didn't say that Trump is a misogynist doesn't mean I don't think he is.

Trump isn't defended by "advocates for women" either. Quite the opposite. All I'm asking for is consistency. If you engage in misogynistic behavior you should be condemned by "advocates for women", or not, whether you are a D or a R.

Seems like to me a big difference between Trump and Clinton is that with the latter there's plausible deniability not so much with the former.

Are you saying that Clinton did not use his power as president to receive head from a MUCH YOUNGER (20 year old, same age as girl in my cat incident, btw), for which there was an admission of "no reciprocity?

Do you even know what "no reciprocity" means?

It means that, on numerous occasions, Monica lewinsky (at 20 and 21 years old) sucked off her boss, the POTUS, and he didn't even have the common decency to pleasure her in any way.

Is there any such credible story of Trump doing something like that?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Care to comment on Biden's behavior in that video.

If I had a daughter, either pre or post-pubescent I wouldn't let Biden anywhere near her.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he run over a cat?

Duffy wrote:

I'm really starting to think he has some mental issues. It's a little concerning.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Did he run over a cat?

Duffy wrote:

I'm really starting to think he has some mental issues. It's a little concerning.

Not that I'm aware of. What would that have to do with anything?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"He wasn't trying to nornmalize pedophila. In fact he stated explicitly that he very much opposed to and sickened by pedophilia."

perhaps we need a new term. i really don't know what to call it when a 25 or 30 year old person has sex with a 13 year old. if you want to say that's not pedophilia, okay. but it's something. and he absolutely was trying to normalize whatever that something is.

when i look for definitions of pedophilia i see both sexual attraction to "children" and "pre-pubescent children". i'm happy to defer to your definition. just, what technical term should we use for the sex between a 30 year old and a 13 or 14 year old, that excludes other uses of the term? (you can't simply say intergenerational sex, because that could mean a 60 year old and a 35 year old.)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pederasty is the term you're looking for, I believe.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

If I had a daughter, either pre or post-pubescent I wouldn't let Biden anywhere near her.

That's pretty damn creepy. He crossed the line in terms of what is appropriate. The way he grabbed the girls by the arms and pulled them next to him and then put his face against theirs was pretty disturbing. I cannot think of anything to justify those actions.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
just, what technical term should we use for the sex between a 30 year old and a 13 or 14 year old, that excludes other uses of the term?

"statutory rape" works.

"Adult/minor relations"

"Creepy"

Pulling a "Polanski"

There are terms used to describe the underage (yet post-pubescent) participants - "Lolita" for a female and the term "twink" is used to describe a younger male (or male with features typically found in younger aged males).

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
Duffy wrote:

That's pretty damn creepy. He crossed the line in terms of what is appropriate. The way he grabbed the girls by the arms and pulled them next to him and then put his face against theirs was pretty disturbing. I cannot think of anything to justify those actions.

At one point he appears to pinch a girl's nipple.

How does he get away with it? Oops, never mind. I know the answer.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Did Milo Go Too Far [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Pederasty is the term you're looking for, I believe."

that's good. that's close. but that's simply male-male, is it not? and yes, that is exactly what milo was normalizing in the interview. but there ought to be a term for that behavior regardless of gender, and that includes cross-gender. that way we wouldn't get hung up unnamed bad behavior that is not pedophilia.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next