Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your right, we should have gave it all to Hillary...
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think of it as a political officer. Bannonwill ensure the agenda and national security solutions are in line with trump's.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who will determine when the DNI or CJCS is required? Leave it to the agenda of the day and leave it to discretion? And if an off-agenda item pops up, eh? Should it not be up to the DNI and CJCS to show up for each meeating and determine if it's in their interest? Why not make Ban on the optional seat at the table?
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bannonwill ensure the agenda and national security solutions are in line with trump's.

Bannon will ensure the agenda and national security solutions are in line with Bannon and he will explain it to Trump who will agree.

FIFY.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Bannonwill ensure the agenda and national security solutions are in line with trump's.

Bannon will ensure the agenda and national security solutions are in line with Bannon and he will explain it to Trump who will agree.

FIFY.

If that keeps us safe do you care? As long as no laws are broken I'm all in when it comes to protecting American (and allies) lives.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I suspect this particular issue is being blown a bit out of proportion.

i think you misunderstand the issue. the issue is that bannon is a wackjob who seems kinda racist. such a person has no business in his position.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that keeps us safe do you care? As long as no laws are broken I'm all in when it comes to protecting American (and allies) lives.

I'm still trying to figure out how banning refugees is going to keep Americans safe...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how banning refugees is going to keep Americans safe...

Until we have a better vetting process in place why would we let any refugees into the country? I am not against refugees, just those that want to kill us. Until we have a process in place that keeps us safe why take chances? I am not an expert but those that are state the process is full of holes:

"FBI Director James Comey on Wednesday told Congress that the federal government cannot conduct thorough checks on all of the coming influx of 10,000 refugees from Syria.

Appearing before the House Committee on Homeland Security, Comey said Syrians who aren't already in the FBI's database are unknown to the agency, meaning their backgrounds cannot be adequately scoured for a risk of terrorism."

As CNSNews.com reported earlier, the White House has agreed to take in at least 10,000 Syrian refugees into the United States over the next year. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson also admitted last week that the U.S. won’t “know a whole lot” about the refugees it allows into the U.S.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I've always thought that "conservative" politics was more about sticking it to liberals than it was actually trying to accomplish something good.

I don't doubt that you think that Barry.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Until we have a better vetting process in place why would we let any refugees into the country?

The U.S has the strongest and most comprehensive vetting process in the world. In fact, it is so good that since the process started in 1980, not a single refugee coming into America has ever killed an American in a terrorist attack. How exactly are you going to make it better?

I am not against refugees, just those that want to kill us.

What refugees want to kill you?

You want to ban all Muslims from 7 countries and that has never been a problem, yet there is no increased vetting on tourist visas, spousal or student visas and no one says a thing about it? People entering on those visas have killed people but because Trump said one thing, everyone ignores the real issues.

Then there are the people from countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Afghanistan and Pakistan that also committed terrorist attacks on Americans but like those on non-refugee visas, they also get a pass.

Just because Trump lives in a fact-free world, doesn't mean everyone has to. Where is all this irrational fear coming from?

Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to mention, you ditto heads are fucking idiots. Just because something annoys liberals doesn't make it good. If you honestly don't understand that, then you are seriously delusional and you need help.

Quote:
Just because you don't think its good, doesn't mean it isn't good.

"I've got a pen and I've got a phone...and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions."

President Obama to Republicans: I won. Deal with it. (Switch Obama to Trump)

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, its damn good watching you guys go freakin NUTS.

And thanks for the wonderful compliment.

Lavender Room should be changed to: TRUMPHOBIA ROOM

Some of you should really consider some professional help for your Trumopitis

"US NAVY DIVERS GO DEEPER AND STAY LONGER"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok then. In our sound bite world the fact that there is a good vetting process was not understood by the Trump fan base. So likely what will happen is that there will be a minor tweak to that process and it will resume after 120 days. Just a political show then. Unfortunate for folks who are delayed entry, but inconvenience due to political showmanship/posturing is part of life no matter who is in charge of whatever level of government.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

i think you misunderstand the issue. the issue is that bannon is a wackjob who seems kinda racist. such a person has no business in his position.

What about Bannon has led you to conclude he is a wackjob and kinda racist?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do you think Bannon is now sitting in on these meetings?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Until we have a better vetting process in place why would we let any refugees into the country? I am not against refugees, just those that want to kill us. Until we have a process in place that keeps us safe why take chances? I am not an expert but those that are state the process is full of holes:

"FBI Director James Comey on Wednesday told Congress that the federal government cannot conduct thorough checks on all of the coming influx of 10,000 refugees from Syria.

Appearing before the House Committee on Homeland Security, Comey said Syrians who aren't already in the FBI's database are unknown to the agency, meaning their backgrounds cannot be adequately scoured for a risk of terrorism."

As CNSNews.com reported earlier, the White House has agreed to take in at least 10,000 Syrian refugees into the United States over the next year. Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson also admitted last week that the U.S. won’t “know a whole lot” about the refugees it allows into the U.S.
Sorry bud , You were articulate and stated facts straight out of the mouths of the most informed on this issue.
You may as well been speaking chinese to these folks.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Quote:

What about Bannon has led you to conclude he is a wackjob and kinda racist?

his history. people close to him have characterized him in similar terms.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's interesting is to read the comments of the 'liberals this and that' when I know several in this thread and other threads who are definitely not liberal, but who still think WTF is this crap going on in our country. I guess some folks are just happy to see white supremacists in the white house. Time for them to iron their white robes and pointy hats.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
What's interesting is to read the comments of the 'liberals this and that' when I know several in this thread and other threads who are definitely not liberal, but who still think WTF is this crap going on in our country. I guess some folks are just happy to see white supremacists in the white house. Time for them to iron their white robes and pointy hats.

there are no shortage of conservatives who take issue with bannon but the conservatives who dont see an issue, seem to resort to thoughtless labelling to dissmiss any criticism as liberals being liberals.

Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the over the top, uninformed protestors or Trump?

Andrewmc wrote:
Eight days in. I'm not sure they can keep up pace or volune of the absurdities
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Oh, its damn good watching you guys go freakin NUTS.

And thanks for the wonderful compliment.

Lavender Room should be changed to: TRUMPHOBIA ROOM

Some of you should really consider some professional help for your Trumopitis

I think you're definition of going nuts doesn't match up with my going nuts. Looks mostly like a discussion.

Maybe change it to going trumps. I can't wait for the trumpites to realize how expensive life is going to get and how much america is losing (sorry 'winning yuge') on the global markets. just make sure the media shuts its mouth. Make sure to get a big crowd of you together and chant it!!

Why isn't trump doing anything with you're financial institutions. Very Curious!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Until we have a better vetting process in place why would we let any refugees into the country?

The U.S has the strongest and most comprehensive vetting process in the world. In fact, it is so good that since the process started in 1980, not a single refugee coming into America has ever killed an American in a terrorist attack. How exactly are you going to make it better?

I am not against refugees, just those that want to kill us.

What refugees want to kill you?

You want to ban all Muslims from 7 countries and that has never been a problem, yet there is no increased vetting on tourist visas, spousal or student visas and no one says a thing about it? People entering on those visas have killed people but because Trump said one thing, everyone ignores the real issues.

Then there are the people from countries like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Afghanistan and Pakistan that also committed terrorist attacks on Americans but like those on non-refugee visas, they also get a pass.

Just because Trump lives in a fact-free world, doesn't mean everyone has to. Where is all this irrational fear coming from?

So let's add SA, Egypt, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the list. Again, he hasn't banned anyone just delayed entry while we do get our act together. You state we have the best vetting began in the 1980s, then why is Comey on record saying we don't? The over the top rants are getting old in this country. The left need a vacation your all going to be burned out 6 months into Trump's first 4 year term. Oh, and he isn't going to be impeached. The funniest thing I heard over the weekend was that the EO on immigrants was the final straw and that Trump was going to be up for impeachment by the end of February. Funny stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we dont have good vetting? ill ask you a really easy question, once again. its so easy you can type your reply reply using only one key.

how many refugees in our country have committed acts of terror here?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uhhhhh, well, I guess, well, none....YET! How do you know that someone hasn't been lying in wait in a sleeper cell for 36 years, just waiting to bring us down?!?!?

That one time when I took my wife out for a big ol' fancy dinner at the local Applebees & the guy was bussing tables next to us, he had a thick accent and looked at me funny. Why didn't he assimilate and learn language? Guys like that, you just never know. We can never be sure. We can never be too careful. 'Murica first and only 'Murica!!

veganerd wrote:
we dont have good vetting? ill ask you a really easy question, once again. its so easy you can type your reply reply using only one key.

how many refugees in our country have committed acts of terror here?
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:

So let's add SA, Egypt, Afghanistan and Pakistan to the list. Again, he hasn't banned anyone just delayed entry while we do get our act together. You state we have the best vetting began in the 1980s, then why is Comey on record saying we don't? The over the top rants are getting old in this country. The left need a vacation your all going to be burned out 6 months into Trump's first 4 year term. Oh, and he isn't going to be impeached. The funniest thing I heard over the weekend was that the EO on immigrants was the final straw and that Trump was going to be up for impeachment by the end of February. Funny stuff.
I don't support Trump but I was also very anti-Hillary. This travel ban is bullshit, it's put thousands of people in horrific travel situations, stuck in airports, unable to get home or travel, unsure of what will happen. People who have jobs and mortgages, families here in the US. I had no problem with the campaign rhetoric about getting tougher on refugee vetting and travel from ME countries but the way it's being executed is bullshit and inexcusable.

That said, the Bannon/NSC story is a non-event to me, completely overblown. The President chairs the NSC, right, it's for his benefit that the NSC convenes to discuss matters of national security? Bannon is Trump's trusted advisor on national security interests, I don't think it at all strange that he'd want Bannon at all those meetings. And I think the media has been way over the top on Bannon's beliefs and ideology, which is fueling this 'scare'. Much ado about nothing, in my opinion.

But the travel ban is bullshit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next