Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Steve Bannon now a NSC member
Quote | Reply
Displaces the Director of National Intelligence and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. We truly are f@cked. According to Sean Spider, his 7 years as a Naval officer ending in 1983 makes him fully qualified.
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eight days in. I'm not sure they can keep up pace or volune of the absurdities
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Displaces the Director of National Intelligence and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. We truly are f@cked. According to Sean Spider, his 7 years as a Naval officer ending in 1983 makes him fully qualified.

i guy who left the navy over 30 years ago is replacing a 4 star general - totally makes sense.

Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Early returns point to trump, bannon, spicer, flynn, Conway, priebus et al as nut jobs
Last edited by: tyrod1: Jan 29, 17 11:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Washington Post:

"Trump reorganized the National Security Council to, along with other changes, give Bannon a regular seat on the principals committee — the meetings of the most senior national security officials, including the secretaries of defense and state.
That memo also states that the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will sit on the principals committee only when the issues to be discussed pertain to their “responsibilities and expertise.” In the previous two administrations, both were included as regular attendees."

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swear to god i thought barnum and baileys had closed........
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice night for crickets, huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit disturbed that this thread isn't getting more hits.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

This is a big deal. Perhaps the biggest deal of the week, but I sense the WTF meter is pegged of all the other nonsense.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Trump supporters here and in the country just don't care because they won and that's all that matters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand exactly what happened with him sitting on NSC, but I'm trying to wrap my head around it and stop my head from spinning in confusion and rage about such a ridiculous decision on Trump's part. And I'm also trying to calm down from irritation about hearing more of the "God chose Trump" rhetoric from my fundamentalist family.

This has been an awful weekend for Liberty.

BarryP wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've filed most of the moves this week under, "He won, he's playing to his base, and he's doing what he promised he would do to shake things up." This particular action is actually disturbing to me. Is there any discussion of National Security that shouldn't include Intelligence (the big, institutional capital I, no the personal lower case i)?
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Roy wrote:
I've filed most of the moves this week under, "He won, he's playing to his base, and he's doing what he promised he would do to shake things up." This particular action is actually disturbing to me. Is there any discussion of National Security that shouldn't include Intelligence (the big, institutional capital I, no the personal lower case i)?

Much ado about nothing. One week as President and the sky is falling? Not according to the markets. Trump is doing exactly what you said:

"He won, he's playing to his base, and he's doing what he promised he would do to shake things up."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [MOP_Roy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Presidential Memo here doesn't exclude DNI or CJCS from the NSC. It explicitly states "The Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as statutory advisers to the NSC, shall also attend NSC meetings." The memo states that the DNI and CJCS are not on the specific list of those who must attend all Principals Committee meetings, but it doesn't exclude them. It doesn't say they can't attend meetings. It simply says they "shall" attend meetings when their specific areas of expertise are in play. The Principals Committee discusses both NSC (National Security Council) and HSC (Homeland Security Council) issues. It may be perfectly reasonable for the CJCS and DNI not to be at meetings solely focused on Homeland Security, since the military doesn't play in that and the Intel community isn't allowed to collect within the US. Meanwhile, SecDef remains on the list who attend all meetings, and would presumably represent DNI and CJCS's interests and call them in if things start to move into their territory.

There's a lower level council of Deputies. The CJCS and DNI weren't demoted down to that level. They're just no longer required to attend every NSC meeting, especially when the matters don't fall in their wheelhouse.

Although I think I would prefer that they had left CJCS and DNI on the list of the PC attendees, I don't think there's much practical harm in the newer organization. Now, if CJCS and DNI want to attend, and are actively prevented from doing so, that will ring some potential alarm bells.

I suspect this particular issue is being blown a bit out of proportion.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:

i think there are many people who dont see the problem with the situation.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We conservative leaning folk have better stuff to do on our weekends. Besides this place has way too many liberal leaning folk on weekends. No thanks.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:

+1

Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell, this is the best entertainment I have had in a long time. I love sneaking in and reading how the world is going to explode any minute now...
Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always thought that "conservative" politics was more about sticking it to liberals than it was actually trying to accomplish something good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I've always thought that "conservative" politics was more about sticking it to liberals than it was actually trying to accomplish something good.

You never realized that they are one and the same?

Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I peak. Just don't bother posting. To much insanity to bother debating. Sunday night balances out a little. Unless football is on.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just because you don't think its good, doesn't mean it isn't good.

"I've got a pen and I've got a phone...and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions."

President Obama to Republicans: I won. Deal with it. (Switch Obama to Trump)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. But what you are witnessing is a very real and well deserved backlash to the overreach the left pushed on us over the last eight years. I think "conservatives" are just letting it run its course.

One only need to see obama's last two weeks to understand the cause of this. People are pissed. The agenda Obama and his globalist supporters pushed on America left a lot of people behind, degraded the core social values of at least a third of the country. So far he is really just addressing different messes Obama created. Wait until he has addressed that and started running on his own agenda.

Quote Reply
Re: Steve Bannon now a NSC member [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
The Presidential Memo here doesn't exclude DNI or CJCS from the NSC. It explicitly states "The Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as statutory advisers to the NSC, shall also attend NSC meetings." The memo states that the DNI and CJCS are not on the specific list of those who must attend all Principals Committee meetings, but it doesn't exclude them. It doesn't say they can't attend meetings. It simply says they "shall" attend meetings when their specific areas of expertise are in play. The Principals Committee discusses both NSC (National Security Council) and HSC (Homeland Security Council) issues. It may be perfectly reasonable for the CJCS and DNI not to be at meetings solely focused on Homeland Security, since the military doesn't play in that and the Intel community isn't allowed to collect within the US. Meanwhile, SecDef remains on the list who attend all meetings, and would presumably represent DNI and CJCS's interests and call them in if things start to move into their territory.

There's a lower level council of Deputies. The CJCS and DNI weren't demoted down to that level. They're just no longer required to attend every NSC meeting, especially when the matters don't fall in their wheelhouse.

Although I think I would prefer that they had left CJCS and DNI on the list of the PC attendees, I don't think there's much practical harm in the newer organization. Now, if CJCS and DNI want to attend, and are actively prevented from doing so, that will ring some potential alarm bells.

I suspect this particular issue is being blown a bit out of proportion.

It's not about CJCS and DNI not always being there. I'm sure they will be there most of the time. It's about a guy who's foriegn policy and national security experience was a special assistant to the CNO in 1983 - and who's writing, values and beliefs are at best concerning - always being there.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next