Quote | Reply
do you work for them?

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HOLD ON guys, I got this one.....

1. Was it tested at 'Faster'? If yes, I believe nothing!!!
2. Was it tested with or without rider on the bike?? If they did not use DZ's dummy, I don't believe the data.
3. Do you make light sabers?
4. Why would you even think of putting out a wheel that isn't compatible with disc brakes?!?! Haven't you read Pubic's posts about resale???!
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No,
I bought a set.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [dflorussen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They did CFD? That's cool.

Theoretically the fastest wheel in the world, in their CFD model.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for technical details, contact www.2-spoke.com

SBRcoffee wrote:
2. Was it tested with or without rider on the bike?? If they did not use DZ's dummy, I don't believe the data.
4. Why would you even think of putting out a wheel that isn't compatible with disc brakes?!?! Haven't you read Pubic's posts about resale???!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dflorussen wrote:
No,
I bought a set.

This reminds me of the Karbon Speed guy that came on here a few years back and talked about his engineer with a helicopter background.

Didn't end well.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not me.

PeteDin206 wrote:
dflorussen wrote:
No,
I bought a set.

This reminds me of the Karbon Speed guy that came on here a few years back and talked about his engineer with a helicopter background.

Didn't end well.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they cannot even proper English for their ad, then what's the likelihood that any of the rest is any good?

It's fewer, not less spokes!!!
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [Milessio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this guy's not careful he might get dished by other posters....
Quote Reply
Re: (I BOUGHT THE) FASTEST WHEELS OF THE MOMENT [dflorussen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that one spoke?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are these re-branded DISHED wheels?

http://www.dishedwheels.com/

blog
Quote Reply
Re: (I BOUGHT THE) FASTEST WHEELS OF THE MOMENT [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to be confused with dissed wheels !
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [Milessio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Milessio wrote:
If they cannot even proper English for their ad, then what's the likelihood that any of the rest is any good?

Irony can be so ironic. Wink

As to the topic, it amazes me that companies think trolls like this actually work.

ETA - Holy Hell..."aero-dynamical"?!?!?

Quote:
  • The aero-dynamical properties of the two-spoke wheel were extensively examined with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) by analysing the wheel’s performance at different angles of attack of the passing air.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Last edited by: Power13: Oct 2, 16 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:

They actually have a disc brake model, lol.

This isn't the worst idea I've ever seen. HOWEVER, unless I knew the engineers had an extensive background in the cycling industry, factory had super good quality control, etc, there's precisely zero chance I'd buy them. Basically, I'd need HED, Zipp, or Mavic/Enve to make this wheel before I'd trust my life to it.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a bit underwhelmed at their lack of specificity in any of their "test results".

What do they mean by 90 degree cross wind? At what riding speed? And what about less extreme angles?

Ramp time? Eh??

They seem to be focused on other wheels spoke count - makes sense, they only have two..less ehhh fewer is better - but other than the three (HED, FFWD maybe?) and five (Mavic), how are we supposed to know what wheel they're testing against. Are these Zipps or trainingrims?

Also, not impressed with a max load of 100kg honestly.
Last edited by: snaaijert: Oct 2, 16 8:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would probably be best if you just deleted this post and your username now rather then later. Save everyone here the time and energy, like your wheels do.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: (I BOUGHT THE) FASTEST WHEELS OF THE MOMENT [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, what the hell... It's at least marginally worth noting that the wheel in question comes from the M5 Recumbents team, and they do have a pretty well established track record, albeit not one that would likely have come to the notice of most folks on this forum.

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey dude. On your slogan, "Less spokes, more speed." Less is used for things you can't count, like emotions. "Sally liked your wheels even less than DishedWheels," for example. If you can count it, like spokes, then use fewer. Like, "Don't check your grammar and spelling and you'll get fewer purchases of your product than you could ever imagine."

Glad I could help.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: (I BOUGHT THE) FASTEST WHEELS OF THE MOMENT [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
It would probably be best if you just deleted this post and your username now rather then later. Save everyone here the time and energy, like your wheels do.

BAHAHAHA, he did. 1st post in 4 years and it's gone.
Quote Reply
Re: (I BOUGHT THE) FASTEST WHEELS OF THE MOMENT [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xing triathlete wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

That's quite a feat considering he registered august 2014.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Hey dude. On your slogan, "Less spokes, more speed." Less is used for things you can't count, like emotions. "Sally liked your wheels even less than DishedWheels," for example. If you can count it, like spokes, then use fewer. Like, "Don't check your grammar and spelling, and you'll get fewer purchases of your product than you could ever imagine."

Glad I could help.

You were missing a comma after "spelling." I fixed it though, so you're good.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Hey dude. On your slogan, "Less spokes, more speed." Less is used for things you can't count, like emotions. "Sally liked your wheels even less than DishedWheels," for example. If you can count it, like spokes, then use fewer. Like, "Don't check your grammar and spelling and you'll get fewer purchases of your product than you could ever imagine."

Glad I could help.

Solid post. Would read again.
Quote Reply
Re: (I BOUGHT THE) FASTEST WHEELS OF THE MOMENT [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Xing triathlete wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:

That's quite a feat considering he registered august 2014.

Damn, got me. His last post was in response to a post from 4 years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: FASTEST WHEEL AT THIS MOMENT [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What they really should do is give some random dude (with established, but not overwhelming presence here) a pair and let us talk about how fast they feel, "ride quality", etc. Let their website talk science and get users to talk experience.

They can PM me for my address. Any power meter companies can do the same.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next