Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here already interested in a morning ride? Im here from mass and i dont know whicj roads are good / bad / safe. Any suggestions on bike stores?
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ahhchon wrote:
Anyone here already interested in a morning ride? Im here from mass and i dont know whicj roads are good / bad / safe. Any suggestions on bike stores?

Cycle Sport Concepts is a Specialized store on Main Street. http://www.csctenn.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [mountainman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mountainman wrote:
I'm in. Heat concerns me. With a real job, early morning and late night workouts are the only option.

I've forced myself to ride abs run on the weekends in the heat.

Thinking that 5% off 'real goal' pace, starting off is the safe bet.

Although I'd like to just go faster and get out of the heat earlier in the day. But that may be a dangerous approach.

You would be much better starting off down about 20% of goal race pace. You can always increase once you get going, but once you are cooked, you are cooked.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^^ This, Coreysaur.

I did this the last two years and the above is great advice. Cruise the swim in the middle of the river and don't overcook the bike. Momentum is key on that course and you should be spinning up the rollers then back in the big ring at the top and rebuilding momentum. Over and over. Ride so that you can get through the second loop on the run. This sounds like basic IM advice in general, but in this case I really mean it. Do what ffmedic84 is saying...

There should be amazing crowd support. Have a great time.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [SemperUbiSubUbi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know which bike shop is most likely to carry a xlabs aero botttle? I lefr mine at home
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be there. Going to be a hot one. Good luck to everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [crown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday was absolutely brutal. I went from on target for my goals to pure survival within 3 miles of starting the run. Ended up resorting to every heat management trick I know to get through the marathon.

But I finished, with a couple hours to spare. And didn't end up in medical either.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [RussTKD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I threw out my aspirations for this race at the start of the run, and went into "just finish" mode. Run was nearly an hour slower than IMLOU last year. Rumor are DNF rate might approach 40%. Brutal day. Congrats on your finish.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just over 25% DNF. Pretty horrific but not the worst ever.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know, thanks. What is the record, by the way?
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Good to know, thanks. What is the record, by the way?

DNF rates postulated on ST typically don't stand up to analysis since they tend to get combined with the DNS rate. So instead of stating a hard number, I will simply say that Ironman St George, the 2012 and final edition, probably had the highest true DNF rate of all time.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
St. George is correct. 29% I think.

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO! Who's going? Tips for noob? [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvan wrote:
St. George is correct. 29% I think.

Nice to know; I need to frame that finishers shirt!
Quote Reply

Prev Next