Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap G3 (and GS) Question
Quote | Reply
Do the G3 and GS hubs come with the auto zero function set as a deflault to be on ?

Reason I ask is that I have bought a GS hub and although it's not built into a wheel yet, it wakes up when I spin it and talks to both my polar v650 and the Powertap iPhone app no problem.

I can't see an auto zero option on the v650.

I can see the 'auto zero offset' switch in the app but it is defaulted to the off position and can't be altered to the on position manually.

You can manually zero the hub through the app.

Any help / guidance appreciated.

Cheers,

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap G3 (and GS) Question [WD Pro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I know from my experience of using G3s with Garmins and traineroad, the calibration is manual only.

However this blog post: http://thebikegeek.blogspot.fr/...tap-g3-with.html?m=1

and the powertap website suggest there should be an auto zero function that is on by default and can be disabled by some head units.
Last edited by: rowancbrown: Sep 21, 16 6:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Powertaps Auto Reset when you coast.
You should do a manual when switch the head unit between wheelsets.
If you do not change wheelsets or bikes with head unit, you should be good.
Note: I use PT Joule and do not link my PTs to any Garmin or Polar products.

I would say you have proper function if you spin the hub and it reaches out and speaks to your Polar.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the P1's and v650. If you are paired, when you start the exercise event and hit the left side button you will see an option to calibrate power. This should zero offset them for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap G3 (and GS) Question [HomerJSimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys :-)

Well it would appear I can do everything I should be able to - now I know I have to start the session to get to the calibration option :-)

The only thing that still seems a little sketchy is if the G3 / GS hubs come set as a default to auto zero in use.

I will drop a quick question to PT for confirmation - I will post the answer up here.

Thanks again,

Quote Reply