Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roka adds sunglasses! [jet black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll stick with my Tifosi's. Work great and cheap enough that I don't care if they get scratched or lost.

The $70-120 price point has a huge hole in the market. Plenty under $70 and above $120. I would think that you could make a good quality product, but focus more on distribution and hold margins by controlling marketing costs. Maybe sell them to OEM's to market.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Roka and they stuff that they produce. However I don't see the need / demand. I don't think that they can ever beat (or compete with Oakley). Smith tried, Rudy Project tried....
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [gshtrisport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the draw is for people like me who wear Wayfarers as their go-to sunglasses - work great for riding, but not so great for running.

Oakleys look ok with a helmet, but just stupid anywhere else - even when you are running.

If the two non-aviators work well for running and riding PLUS I can wear them as regular sunglasses without looking like an ass-hat, I'll pay $150+ for them. But $275 for the aviators isn't going to happen.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How on earth triathletes can accuse a timeless classic style like aviators to be dumb is beyond me. Saying they are overpriced with little to zero knowledge of their quality is a stretch too.

If you don't think you could pull off that look or you doubled down on fluoro then that's fine ... No need to get angry.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are welcome to buy the aviators. Didn't say they were dumb, just that I'm not personally interested in them at that price point.

If I were in the market for new shades, the other styles would be higher up on my list.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, the reply was simply because yours was the last post. I have always wondered why there isn't an 'add comment' button so the last person doesn't get notified. Maybe there is and I missed it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll chime in. The reason glasses such as those are NOT good for riding and running is that they let light in at the oblique angles. Thus it either hits your eye, or comes from behind and reflects off the front surface. This causes one to squint, be temporarily blinded or just not see well. They also let winds and/or bugs to come in from the side. The reason for glasses is not just to look cool, believe it or not. That said, when you have an out and back it's much easier to hide how you really feel behind shades.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Last edited by: ggeiger: Aug 29, 16 14:13
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those prices are also dumb.

Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
I'll chime in. The reason glasses such as those are NOT good for riding and running is that they let light in at the oblique angles.

As much as I agree. How is the issue different from wearing them normally?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By "Normally" I assume you meant as a fashion or casual item? There is no difference. Unless they're oversized, you will still squint and not see as well. You're just not going 20+ MPH. Although I must have at least 20 pair of sunglasses or more, many I hate when it's sunny out as I'm still squinting to see well. A hat helps....

JayPeeWhy wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
I'll chime in. The reason glasses such as those are NOT good for riding and running is that they let light in at the oblique angles.

As much as I agree. How is the issue different from wearing them normally?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know there are some smart lads behind Roka, but I'm a bit confused about who their target market is.

Roka started with wetsuits and now have a range of models appealing to those that want quality at a modest price and those that want the best, regardless of price. I think goggles were introduced next, with again, a range of models and prices generally to be what I consider inexpensive or at least quite reasonable.

Roka rolled out their cycling clothing line next and raised more than a few eyebrows with Rapha-esque prices... maybe the quality is there (I haven't tried it), but for a newish brand, I think it was a bit of a gamble.

Recently, we've seen the introduction of the running line, and again, although the quality may be superb, the prices are uber high for an new brand in the run marketplace... maybe there will a range of options like the wetsuits in the future, but interesting that they hit the market with only the uber high end first (turned more than a few off I reckon).

Now, we see the same with sunglasses, and if you read the description, the quality seems to be top notch, but $275 for aviators is fair penny and a tad ironic as I reckon that in the absence of Jesse Thomas being a Roka sponsored athlete, we'd never see these sunglasses (at least the aviators), when the whole aviator thing started for Jesse with the purchase of a pair for something like $15 at a gas station or drug store just before a race.

So, it kind of seems like they are trying to dabble across market segments without necessarily having a clear direction...

Maybe it doesn't matter, but unless they've clearly established themselves as a totally premium brand, it is hard to support those prices.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka's first product was the Maverick wetsuit and it was around $800. As time went on, cheaper models came out. It's pretty common for companies to release a top of the line product first and then come out with a midrange and lower end product. You can now get a $500 and a $300 wetsuit from Roka.

I don't know if the cycling and running products will do the same.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Aug 29, 16 15:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Oakley Half Jacket XLJ's. They have been discontinued for years. I think they're ten years old. I bought them for $90 (Regular $120/w/o coupon). I recently replaced the nose pieces and rubber arm guards for $13. I then upgraded the basic lenses to polarized on Amazon for $22.99. A new pair would have cost me $100, but I upgraded my existing frame for $36. I guess I'm frugal about certain things though.

Jesse bought his aviators for $15 at a gas station. Why would someone want to spend $275 on something that could fall off your face or be sat on? Even $100 for a designer pair would be ridiculous. They have no function. Strictly fashion glasses. Roka's pricing is absurd in my opinion. I think some of their wetsuits and swimskins are reasonably priced, but outside of that their apparel pricing is insulting to anyone with intelligence.

BryanD wrote:
Roka's first product was the Maverick wetsuit and it was around $800. As time went on, cheaper models came out. It's pretty common for companies to release a top of the line product first and then come out with a midrange and lower end product. You can now get a $500 and a $300 wetsuit from Roka.

I don't know if the cycling and running products will do the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Prices available:

Phantom - $275
Kona - $160
Vendee - $150

http://www.roka.co/...e-eyewear-sunglasses
I thought may day to day "lifestyle," (read: casual/fashion) ray bans were expensive at like 160... Then aviators come out for 275...

I also have some AO's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it was in pink but they were already announced when he posted, his post was already in reaction to that announcement ;)

I really wonder how many of these they will sell. The Vendee actually looks alright as a normal pair, but I wouldn't wear the Aviators on a bike even if they were given to me for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's amazing to me here it this.

Jesse Thomas won wildflower on $5 aviators from Walgreens, and used it to brand himself.

Fast forward 6 years later and now he is on the advertising on "the ultimate performance aviator" at about 300% the markup.

So......who is going to walgreens and who is going to Roka.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bcagle25 wrote:
What's amazing to me here it this.

Jesse Thomas won wildflower on $5 aviators from Walgreens, and used it to brand himself.

Fast forward 6 years later and now he is on the advertising on "the ultimate performance aviator" at about 300% the markup.

So......who is going to walgreens and who is going to Roka.com

Where's the outrage at this? http://www.smithoptics.com/...p/Audible/p/ABRPBRBR

It's $279 an has an Aviator design. Why so much outrage at someone else for charging just as much?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ya'll

Thanks for the spirited comments. Wouldn't be ST otherwise, I suppose.

While I'd always prefer someone to ask instead of blast, I'd be happy to explain the origin story, rationale, etc for all of what we're doing. :) :) Am very active in the forums personally and have been posting for a few years, doing my best to answer questions, to help people out, and to explain why we're doing what we're doing.

Here is some background, unsolicited, in the hopes of explaining our perspective on this category.

This is a big move for our brand, and we're pumped. Over the past few years, we've quietly built an amazing team of in-house designers and developers to attack a variety of different product categories where we've seen opportunity. We're well capitalized, and it's a multi-year vision. We're only a few years in.

In the case of eyewear, we began working in earnest on this category a few years ago after recognizing that we had deep expertise in injection molding and optics, and after seeing an opportunity with how the category as a whole works globally. With the big monopolies running the show, we think there is a huge opportunity for innovation.

We are indeed going after the biggest brands in the space, and it's going to be a multi-year effort, for sure. We are humble but ambitious. The comment that we can never beat Oakley is off base to me, especially in light of how Luxottica has absolutely gutted Oakley post-acquisition. Huge respect for them and what they have done, but they have had significant turnover, and innovation always come from below on big brands. There is no reason why we can't take them or anyone else on. As people who want the best products and performance, we all should be championing young brands who are trying to take on the big dogs, not pick them apart.

Speaking of how we "can't beat" Oakley, to build certain in-house expertise we felt we needed to get started in the space, we actually hired the former head of r&d / advanced projects at Oakley, who was there for 14 yrs and had since moved on to Skullcandy and Apple. He was at O in the early days through the Lux buyout and knows his way around the global supply chain and has deep expertise in developing performance product and with enterprise-level quality control. We also hired a high performing, consumer facing engineer from Apple with deep experience in injection molding and another senior mechanical engineer with 25 yrs of dfm/cad experience. We also added an experienced eyewear developer who had done both sport and fashion design and development at a very high level. And we threw some other internal design and development resources behind it. Behind the scenes, we've partnered with some of the best factories in the world and done a ton of work on the category, building it from scratch. We're not buying OEM product or licensing, as many companies do. Instead, we're doing our own design, tooling, etc. We have high res 3D printers and ISO fit form tools onsite, and we're taking on as much of the rapid prototyping as we can. We're treating eyewear like its own business, with all the resources you'd need for liftoff. So it's a considered effort.

Re: Jesse. He was our first athlete, and we've long discussed making him a better aviator sunglass. Awesome guy and awesome story, so he's definitely been an inspiration. Whether Jesse needs high performance sunglasses or not is sort of a silly question in my opinion. Of course he does. Just because he started with $10 gas station aviators, doesn't mean he should have to stick with them if they don't do the job. He is a professional athlete! And the truth is that the $10 gas station aviators just don't actually perform that well. Overall, the optics are poor, they fog, get smudges and spots on them, they don't have great retention, and they just don't offer the bells and whistles of modern, high-performance sunwear.

Jesse definitely confirmed for us that not everyone wants to race in "sport" frames that take design cues from science fiction. Some do, and that's fine, but some don't. Once we started exploring that, we recognized a much bigger category opportunity than just making a better aviator for Jesse. The idea could be applied across styles and well beyond triathlon.

Had we wanted to just exploit the marketing opp with Jesse, we could have made some quick improvements and gotten out a pair of shades out in 2012 and shown up at Wildflower with "Jesse Thomas" aviators for $50. We would have sold thousands, I'm sure. Much faster and much more cheaply than what we're doing. But neither he nor us felt good about that. Instead, we took the human factors insight from him and started from ground zero, saying, "if we wanted to retain some fashion styling but blow this thing out performance-wise to give it the ultimate tune-up, what would we do?"

Ultralight? Titanium, 20 grams. Check. .

Great optics? Zeiss. Impact resistant, low distortion nylon lenses. Better than PC lenses in our opinion. Check.

Durability/performance/function? Several permanent coatings to address fog, smudge, scratches, etc. Check.

Great fit and retention? We developed a proprietary elastomer for the nose pads and temples that gets stickier when wet but won't get nasty from sunblock, make-up, hairspray and other chemicals. We used biomimicry to create a traction design that stays put and doesn't snag women's hair. We designed the frames on an ISO standard head form and did tons of fit trials. Check.

Great quality? Optics? Zeiss again. Check. Frames? We partnered with THE best metal framemaker in the world, in Japan. Check.

When you run down that list, we are confident that what we're launching this week is a 100% authentic best effort at the best possible aviator.

Jesse has raced and won in it, and is stoked on it, and so are we. Does it make sense with his brand? I think it does. Just as he is no longer racing on a borrowed bike, a borrowed wetsuit, etc., his eyewear deserves an upgrade. He's gone from an unknown pro at Wildflower to a 6x champion and 2x Ironman champ. He's a pro athlete who expects the best from his racing and training gear. The cheap aviators just are good enough anymore, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Looking ahead, we have an extensive performance eyewear collection building, with a variety of styles, both metal and injected, that cross from performance sport to lifestyle. We're also working on a couple traditional "sport" frames that you'd expect in an application like cycling. We don't have any illusions that the first few styles are optimal for cycling, and we're not marketing them as such. I mentioned that earlier. So obviously a shield from Oakley, Smith, or an integrated helmet shield would be better. That goes without saying. If I were racing a 70.3 tomorrow and seriously worried about aero, I wouldn't wear our sunglasses for that use. Would I wear them for a casual Saturday ride with family and friends? Sure. YMMV.

What we have built, however, are sunglasses that are awesome for running and any number of other uses, both everyday and other sports. For example, I wore a pair of Phantoms with some prototype Cat. 4 glacier lenses on a high-altitude mountaineering trip earlier this year, and in my opinion they crushed the Julbo and Vuarnet lenses that I brought for comparison. The Vuarnet's were $500, for reference, so price is a relative discussion. Our sunglasses were super comfortable, super light, great optics. Never fogged. Was awesome.

Why just three styles to start? Because we are a small brand, and we have to focus on winners for our first entry in the space. We're not going to rush stuff though, and while we have numerous other styles in development, they weren't ready yet.

Why an aviator? Totally separate from Jesse Thomas, our market research says that the aviator is the #1 selling sunglass style in the world. So in that sense, the aviator is bigger than Jesse for us. We'd make it whether he was an athlete of ours or not. The Vendée takes its cues from the super popular wayfarer style, and the Kona takes its cues from the ever present square frame styles. All of the established players in the space make all of these styles. So yes, they were inspired by Jesse, and at IM Lanzarote he absolutely validated their use, but the collection and the category are bigger than him.

Re: pricing and the price of the Phantom specifically. We have put a ton of r&d into it, and we are using the best factory in the world with the best materials. No compromise. When you do that, it costs money. We have to recoup some of that cost. Our cost of goods is ridiculously high. Our injected styles are less expensive to make, and the price reflects that. If you look at comps, I don't think we're off given how much more we put into them than some competitors. Perhaps you all aren't aware of some of the comps. Smith has an aviator at $279 as someone pointed out. I own it, and it's ok. Good optics, light. For us, fit is lacking though, and there is poor retention. We also prefer our styling. At that price point, we believe we're delivering more for the money than they are. Looking on the fashion side, someone made a comment about a $120 fashion frame. True high fashion brands like Tom Ford and Oliver Peoples sell aviators for $500+ in some cases. So price is definitely relative. We can debate who the right competitors are in sport and fashion, and we may be selling at a premium in some cases relative to certain competitors, but overall we have done extensive competitive pricing analysis and are aware what is out there. It's possible we can diffuse our technology into other price points in the future as we have done in other categories, but in the meantime we'd rather put our best foot forward and not compromise. If we sell fewer units, we can live with that at this stage. Max volume at this stage is not necessarily the goal if it means we have to compromise a flagship product.

More to come. Thanks for the interest and feedback. We really appreciate everyone's support of our brand as we've grown over the past few years. Hope you give us at shot if and when it makes sense.

Best,
Rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rokasports wrote:
Hi Ya'll

While I'd always prefer someone to ask instead of blast, I'd be happy to explain the origin story, rationale, etc for all of what we're doing. :) :) Am very active in the forums personally and have been posting for a few years, doing my best to answer questions, to help people out, and to explain why we're doing what we're doing.

Here is some background, unsolicited, in the hopes of explaining our perspective on this category.

This is a big move for our brand, and we're pumped. Over the past few years, we've quietly built an amazing team of in-house designers and developers to attack a variety of different product categories where we've seen opportunity. We're well capitalized, and it's a multi-year vision. We're only a few years in.

In the case of eyewear, we began working in earnest on this category a few years ago after recognizing that we had deep expertise in injection molding and optics, and after seeing an opportunity with how the category as a whole works globally. With the big monopolies running the show, we think there is a huge opportunity for innovation.

We are indeed going after the biggest brands in the space, and it's going to be a multi-year effort, for sure. We are humble but ambitious. The comment that we can never beat Oakley is off base to me, especially in light of how Luxottica has absolutely gutted Oakley post-acquisition. Huge respect for them and what they have done, but they have had significant turnover, and innovation always come from below on big brands. There is no reason why we can't take them or anyone else on. As people who want the best products and performance, we all should be championing young brands who are trying to take on the big dogs, not pick them apart.

Speaking of how we "can't beat" Oakley, to build certain in-house expertise we felt we needed to get started in the space, we actually hired the former head of r&d / advanced projects at Oakley, who was there for 14 yrs and had since moved on to Skullcandy and Apple. He was at O in the early days through the Lux buyout and knows his way around the global supply chain and has deep expertise in developing performance product and with enterprise-level quality control. We also hired a high performing, consumer facing engineer from Apple with deep experience in injection molding and another senior mechanical engineer with 25 yrs of dfm/cad experience. We also added an experienced eyewear developer who had done both sport and fashion design and development at a very high level. And we threw some other internal design and development resources behind it. Behind the scenes, we've partnered with some of the best factories in the world and done a ton of work on the category, building it from scratch. We're not buying OEM product or licensing, as many companies do. Instead, we're doing our own design, tooling, etc. We have high res 3D printers and ISO fit form tools onsite, and we're taking on as much of the rapid prototyping as we can. We're treating eyewear like its own business, with all the resources you'd need for liftoff. So it's a considered effort.

Re: Jesse. He was our first athlete, and we've long discussed making him a better aviator sunglass. Awesome guy and awesome story, so he's definitely been an inspiration. Whether Jesse needs high performance sunglasses or not is sort of a silly question in my opinion. Of course he does. Just because he started with $10 gas station aviators, doesn't mean he should have to stick with them if they don't do the job. He is a professional athlete! And the truth is that the $10 gas station aviators just don't actually perform that well. Overall, the optics are poor, they fog, get smudges and spots on them, they don't have great retention, and they just don't offer the bells and whistles of modern, high-performance sunwear.

Jesse definitely confirmed for us that not everyone wants to race in "sport" frames that take design cues from science fiction. Some do, and that's fine, but some don't. Once we started exploring that, we recognized a much bigger category opportunity than just making a better aviator for Jesse. The idea could be applied across styles and well beyond triathlon.

Had we wanted to just exploit the marketing opp with Jesse, we could have made some quick improvements and gotten out a pair of shades out in 2012 and shown up at Wildflower with "Jesse Thomas" aviators for $50. We would have sold thousands, I'm sure. Much faster and much more cheaply than what we're doing. But neither he nor us felt good about that. Instead, we took the human factors insight from him and started from ground zero, saying, "if we wanted to retain some fashion styling but blow this thing out performance-wise to give it the ultimate tune-up, what would we do?"

Great optics? Zeiss. Impact resistant, low distortion nylon lenses. Better than PC lenses in our opinion. Check.

Durability/performance/function? Several permanent coatings to address fog, smudge, scratches, etc. Check.

Great fit and retention? We developed a proprietary elastomer for the nose pads and temples that gets stickier when wet but won't get nasty from sunblock, make-up, hairspray and other chemicals. We used biomimicry to create a traction design that stays put and doesn't snag women's hair. We designed the frames on an ISO standard head form and did tons of fit trials. Check.

Great quality? Optics? Zeiss again. Check. Frames? We partnered with THE best metal framemaker in the world, in Japan. Check.

When you run down that list, we are confident that what we're launching this week is a 100% authentic best effort at the best possible aviator.

Jesse has raced and won in it, and is stoked on it, and so are we. Does it make sense with his brand? I think it does. Just as he is no longer racing on a borrowed bike, a borrowed wetsuit, etc., his eyewear deserves an upgrade. He's gone from an unknown pro at Wildflower to a 6x champion and 2x Ironman champ. He's a pro athlete who expects the best from his racing and training gear. The cheap aviators just are good enough anymore, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Looking ahead, we have an extensive performance eyewear collection building, with a variety of styles, both metal and injected, that cross from performance sport to lifestyle. We're also working on a couple traditional "sport" frames that you'd expect in an application like cycling. We don't have any illusions that the first few styles are optimal for cycling, and we're not marketing them as such. I mentioned that earlier. So obviously a shield from Oakley, Smith, or an integrated helmet shield would be better. That goes without saying. If I were racing a 70.3 tomorrow and seriously worried about aero, I wouldn't wear our sunglasses for that use. Would I wear them for a casual Saturday ride with family and friends? Sure. YMMV.

What we have built, however, are sunglasses that are awesome for running and any number of other uses, both everyday and other sports. For example, I wore a pair of Phantoms with some prototype Cat. 4 glacier lenses on a high-altitude mountaineering trip earlier this year, and in my opinion they crushed the Julbo and Vuarnet lenses that I brought for comparison. The Vuarnet's were $500, for reference, so price is a relative discussion. Our sunglasses were super comfortable, super light, great optics. Never fogged. Was awesome.

Why just three styles to start? Because we are a small brand, and we have to focus on winners for our first entry in the space. We're not going to rush stuff though, and while we have numerous other styles in development, they weren't ready yet.

Why an aviator? Totally separate from Jesse Thomas, our market research says that the aviator is the #1 selling sunglass style in the world. So in that sense, the aviator is bigger than Jesse for us. We'd make it whether he was an athlete of ours or not. The Vendée takes its cues from the super popular wayfarer style, and the Kona takes its cues from the ever present square frame styles. All of the established players in the space make all of these styles. So yes, they were inspired by Jesse, and at IM Lanzarote he absolutely validated their use, but the collection and the category are bigger than him.

Re: pricing and the price of the Phantom specifically. We have put a ton of r&d into it, and we are using the best factory in the world with the best materials. No compromise. When you do that, it costs money. We have to recoup some of that cost. Our cost of goods is ridiculously high. Our injected styles are less expensive to make, and the price reflects that. If you look at comps, I don't think we're off given how much more we put into them than some competitors. Perhaps you all aren't aware of some of the comps. Smith has an aviator at $279 as someone pointed out. I own it, and it's ok. Good optics, light. For us, fit is lacking though, and there is poor retention. We also prefer our styling. At that price point, we believe we're delivering more for the money than they are. Looking on the fashion side, someone made a comment about a $120 fashion frame. True high fashion brands like Tom Ford and Oliver Peoples sell aviators for $500+ in some cases. So price is definitely relative. We can debate who the right competitors are in sport and fashion, and we may be selling at a premium in some cases relative to certain competitors, but overall we have done extensive competitive pricing analysis and are aware what is out there. It's possible we can diffuse our technology into other price points in the future as we have done in other categories, but in the meantime we'd rather put our best foot forward and not compromise. If we sell fewer units, we can live with that at this stage. Max volume at this stage is not necessarily the goal if it means we have to compromise a flagship product.

More to come. Thanks for the interest and feedback. We really appreciate everyone's support of our brand as we've grown over the past few years. Hope you give us at shot if and when it makes sense.

Best,
Rob

What about distributing your stuff in Europe?
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [Archibald] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working on it!

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rokasports wrote:
Hi Ya'll

Best,
Rob

Rob,
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was one of the first to pile on about the pricing of your run clothing, and while I personally don't see the value in $70 running shorts, I definitely do see the value in a quality pair of sunglasses that also look good. While I haven't seen any of your glasses in person, it sounds like you've put significant R&D and attention to detail into them, and that the product will reflect that effort.

I have a pair of Oakleys that fall more into the "fashion" category and are similar in style to your Kona model. I would definitely wear them for running if they stayed on my face and didn't fog up. They're due for replacement soon but I'll definitely hold out until I can try the Konas - it sounds like they might be a good option.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely ordering a pair of the Konas to try out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about rule #36? Any cycling specific down the line? Rimless?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Roka adds sunglasses - Prices available [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, we're working on some cycling-specific rimless and semi-rimless.

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
Quote Reply

Prev Next