Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Powerbeam Pro users- are you happy? [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tpero wrote:
chrisb7 wrote:
Sounds identical problem. Either PBP drops out and won't reconnect or quarq drops out and resistance goes through the roof.

Happy to stick with old app but would rather issue was fixed as sure they'll come a point when old app isn't supported.

Asked about iOS app in the past but it didn't support PBP at the time - not sure if that's changed since.

I had the same problem a while ago with the resistance spikes while trying to have my PM control the PBP. The spikes were absurd and when I contacted TR, blame was placed on the PBP and the way it talks to the computer over Ant+. And that was on the legacy app. I've tried the new app a few times, but every. single. time. I try to a do a spindown calibration, the app loses connection with the PBP right when I'm down to about 2 seconds or when I start coasting. Incredibly frustrating. I gave up and went to Zwift.

I hear ya man. Definitely frustrating. :-/

The calibration issue sounds pretty consistent with drops in connection or some sort of interference. Not sure about the power spikes. If you're willing to try and get things back on track, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with support. We'd be more than happy to make sure you can get back on the bike and train with us.

Thank you for your patience!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbeam Pro users- are you happy? [TriScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriScott wrote:
I'll add my name to the chorus.

I submitted calls earlier this year regarding the issue of resistance spikes with TR and my PowerBeam Pro and PowerTap. I am running on a Mac and was told to wait for the new Mac version to get the latest updates.

I did try to install TR on a Windows machine and was able to do a few rides without the spikes. In that configuration it would sometimes not give me enough resistance to hit the target power levels.

If I unpair the PowerTap it's much less frustrating, but doesn't match my power on the road.

I'm not on the trainer as much right now, but may have to look for an alternative by fall.

Thanks

Thanks for your feedback here man.

That's strange it's working on the older version for 'dangle' above^, but not for you. :-/ Because that older version is the same between both platforms. If you're willing to get back in touch with support, I'm confident we'll be able to get things working as it should. Another possible solution could be just to monitor the offset between your PowerTap and the PBP. You could do that using a separate head-unit.

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you and getting you set-up for this coming training season.

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Powerbeam Pro users- are you happy? [Nick Kanwetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Kanwetz wrote:

That's strange it's working on the older version for 'dangle' above^, but not for you. :-/ Because that older version is the same between both platforms. If you're willing to get back in touch with support, I'm confident we'll be able to get things working as it should. Another possible solution could be just to monitor the offset between your PowerTap and the PBP. You could do that using a separate head-unit.

We'll be looking forward to hearing from you and getting you set-up for this coming training season.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response Nick.

Any idea when the new Mac version will be released?

-- Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbeam Pro users- are you happy? [Nick Kanwetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick Kanwetz wrote:
tpero wrote:
chrisb7 wrote:
Sounds identical problem. Either PBP drops out and won't reconnect or quarq drops out and resistance goes through the roof.

Happy to stick with old app but would rather issue was fixed as sure they'll come a point when old app isn't supported.

Asked about iOS app in the past but it didn't support PBP at the time - not sure if that's changed since.

I had the same problem a while ago with the resistance spikes while trying to have my PM control the PBP. The spikes were absurd and when I contacted TR, blame was placed on the PBP and the way it talks to the computer over Ant+. And that was on the legacy app. I've tried the new app a few times, but every. single. time. I try to a do a spindown calibration, the app loses connection with the PBP right when I'm down to about 2 seconds or when I start coasting. Incredibly frustrating. I gave up and went to Zwift.

I hear ya man. Definitely frustrating. :-/

The calibration issue sounds pretty consistent with drops in connection or some sort of interference. Not sure about the power spikes. If you're willing to try and get things back on track, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with support. We'd be more than happy to make sure you can get back on the bike and train with us.

Thank you for your patience!

But the calibration issue would happen at the same time every time. I tried recalibrating 4-5 times in a row and every time it got disconnected right at the end of the 120sec countdown. I never have this problem doing a spindown in Cycleops' software.
Quote Reply
Re: Powerbeam Pro users- are you happy? [TriScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriScott wrote:
Nick Kanwetz wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the response Nick.

Any idea when the new Mac version will be released?

Very welcome!

Nate mentioned in the main TR thread that we're 80% done with Mac and that was on June third. So still no definitive ETA, but we are certainly getting closer to getting a beta out for everyone to get on. That and Android are where all our development resources are at the moment.

ps. I did see a screenshot of Mac the other day and it's looking reeeeal purrty. :)

Hope to have you back on the bike with us soon mate!

Cheers,

Quote Reply
Re: Powerbeam Pro users- are you happy? [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tpero wrote:
But the calibration issue would happen at the same time every time. I tried recalibrating 4-5 times in a row and every time it got disconnected right at the end of the 120sec countdown. I never have this problem doing a spindown in Cycleops' software.

Definitely super strange considering our calibration protocol is the same. :-/

Again, sorry it was such a hassle to get things going. The calibration value is stored on the machine, so you could still use TR and trust the numbers doing the calibration in the Cycleops app. That said, you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a calibration done. If you're willing to give things another shot we'd be genuinely happy to work it out with you.

Most commonly, calibrations will fail when 50% of the packets being sent are lost. You can download 'simulANT' from 'thisisant.com', pair the device and see exactly how many packets you're losing in your connection. May be worth checking if you think you may be running into any connection problems.

Let us know if you'd like to give it another shot.

Thanks again,

Quote Reply

Prev Next