Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TT mount for Garmin Edge 520
Quote | Reply
I recently upgraded from a Garmin Edge 500 to a 520. I`m using a Barfly TT mount and find my 520 isn't as secure as the 500 was in the mount. Even pressing the side buttons is enough that the unit twists in place. Right now I'm indoors on my trainer but I wouldn't trust it outdoors. Is there a better TT mount that I could use with my 520 ? The mount that came with the 520 is very good but I can't mount it on my P3 aero bars.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: TT mount for Garmin Edge 520 [Jz466] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp makes one. I have it on my bike now. I'm sorry I don't know the name of it or anything I bought it in the shop and they mounted it for me but it is a good product.
Quote Reply
Re: TT mount for Garmin Edge 520 [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kedge cdo one. It's solid as you want/expect but there's a minimum width restriction and it won't work with a BTA setup but I guess that's not an issue for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My barfly holds my 520 beautifully. Maybe the mount is old or worn out? Lifetime warranty on the barfly might be worth checking out.
Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did see the Zipp mount online but was worried it would be the same as my barfly. The new Garmin mount has some small screws inside and I thought they were needed for the 520.
Quote Reply
Re: TT mount for Garmin Edge 520 [777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might be right ! I`ll contact them and see what they can do for me.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a 3D printed mount for my Garmin 520. It has worked out great the past month of use. I put some 3M double side tap between the aerobars and the mount and some velcro straps through the slits and the aerobar it is anchored down solid! If you shoot me a PM I can send you the details on getting one printed for you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know which TT mount has a plastic quarter turn mount?

I currently have a K-edge TT mount which is metal. Supposedly the metal wears out the mounting surface on the gps faster than a plastic mount. Not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or not but I figured I'd ask if anyone makes a plastic version. Or at least plastic on the quarter turn mount but metal on the rest of the design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine. Close enough to the other aerobar that the 520 side buttons sit on top.

Quote Reply
Re: TT mount for Garmin Edge 520 [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry what brand is it?
Quote Reply
Re: TT mount for Garmin Edge 520 [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly don't know. It came on a set of aerobars I bought years ago. Its worked out well, but I think Zipp makes one similar. Search for TT mount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IronStork wrote:
Zipp makes one. I have it on my bike now. I'm sorry I don't know the name of it or anything I bought it in the shop and they mounted it for me but it is a good product.

Yeah, I have the same one from Zipp, which is plastic but does the job. I put a piece of electric tape on the spot where I placed the Zipp mount so as to not damage or dig into the carbon extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine was loose too.

I cut a couple 1cm pieces of electrical tape, and put them in the mount underneath where the Garmin sits.

Now it'll never rattle loose! Been solid that way for 2 years.
Quote Reply