Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
Man this story just does not end. Latest $10k, 5k challenge was this past weekend. You could not make this stuff up.

I thought that one of the conditions of LR paying up on this challenge was that he had to inform
them ahead of time so that they could have enough agents present to insure that it was legit.

I'm guessing that didn't happen.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Nov 30, 15 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think he was going to actually submit a claim for the $10k, but he was definitely trying to post a sub 20:00 5k time in order to "win" the PR battle. His social media actions leading up to Saturday's race tried to make him appear close to breaking the 20:00 time. Too bad this guy couldn't do basic math.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
His ass needs to get on a track with a video camera for 12.5 laps and be done with it.

He's probably looking for a mismeasured 350m track to run it on
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He isn't trying to redeem the LR cash but reclaim part of his ego. This whole saga has always been first and foremost about Rossi's ego.

One of the condition of the LR cash is that he has to run a 20min 5k, not cover 5k in 20min i.e. the gun time not the chip counts. The stunt he tried to pulled was aimed to allow him to claim a 20min 5km without having to go through the scrutiny required to get the cash. He managed to fail on both accounts which makes the story even better.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Omg I love it. This guy is just trolling everyone. How can you not get a kick out of this?

I'm sure he cheated, but I also think he purposely fell short to keep the legend alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:
I don't think he was going to actually submit a claim for the $10k, but he was definitely trying to post a sub 20:00 5k time in order to "win" the PR battle. His social media actions leading up to Saturday's race tried to make him appear close to breaking the 20:00 time. Too bad this guy couldn't do basic math.

Maybe is he was not such a wuss, he would push a kid in a stroller to show he is not a girly man. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is crossing over into the realm of conjecture now.

Not really. He's a proven cheat, and that seems to continue---he just wasn't successful at pulling it off this time.

Pretty sure anyone who has $10k on the line is going to be in the front friggin' row, not at the back. Sure, the unimaginable might happen with some sort of "shoe malfunction", but I'd also have a back-up pair and another back-up pair for my back-up pair.

This guy is ridiculous.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
npage148 wrote:
kny wrote:
His ass needs to get on a track with a video camera for 12.5 laps and be done with it.

He's probably looking for a mismeasured 350m track to run it on

I wouldn't put it past LRers to send a team to the track to laser measure it...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [rTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
{KAFFEE gets the two log books from his table as well as the piece of paper that SAM scribbled on.}

KAFFEE: Your Honor, these are the Tower Chief's Logs for both Guantanamo Bay and Andrews Airforce Base. The Guantanamo log lists no flight that left at eleven p.m., and the Andrews log lists no flight that landed at 2 a.m. I'd like to admit them as Defense Exhibits "A" and "B".

JUDGE RANDOLPH: I don't understand. You're admitting evidence of a flight that never existed?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [rTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rTri wrote:
Omg I love it. This guy is just trolling everyone. How can you not get a kick out of this?

I'm sure he cheated, but I also think he purposely fell short to keep the legend alive.

I think that he's having great fun trolling LetsRun.

His twitter was full of things clearly designed to provoke a reaction. A reaction which he usually got as there are 3 or 4 LR guys that appear to spend every spare second they have stalking him.

I bet he loves that.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [alir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, he is getting more of the attention he loves! Letsrun.com has released another article/post regarding Rossi and this past weekends cheating attemp: http://www.letsrun.com/...00-thanksgiving-day/

I had emailed Rojo a head's up and link to my post on Sunday after I wrote it, great to see them have the balls to call out Rossi for the cheat he is!

Tony
http://www.triathleteguru.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [tonythetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, they are really calling him out.

Quote:
We’d ideally like Mr. Rossi to make his 5k attempt on the track so we are making another offer to Mr. Rossi. We’ll pay him $1,000 if he runs a 5,000 meter race on the track before the end of the year in under 21:30 that we are allowed to live stream from start to finish. We’ll even pay for a rabbit to the set pace at 20:00 for him.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:

Quote:

We’d ideally like Mr. Rossi to make his 5k attempt on the track so we are making another offer to Mr. Rossi. We’ll pay him $1,000 if he runs a 5,000 meter race on the track before the end of the year in under 21:30 that we are allowed to live stream from start to finish. We’ll even pay for a rabbit to the set pace at 20:00 for him.

There also needs to be a shoe caddy on hand following him, perhaps in a golf cart. You know how those shoe malfunctions can be.

Man, I never thought I'd say this ever, but I wish I were Mike Rossi. I could use the quick cash.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Dec 1, 15 20:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
kny wrote:

Quote:

There also needs to be a shoe caddy on hand following him, perhaps in a golf cart. You know how those shoe malfunctions can be.

Man, I never thought I'd say this ever, but I wish I were Mike Rossi. I could use the quick cash.

... Pinch runner :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I particularly like the part about drug testing him before and after!

I think they'd be happy to pay out $1000 just to be in the same room as him and let loose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
We’ll even pay for a rabbit to the set pace at 20:00 for him.

Translated: ask any decent runner if they want to be Internet famous for 15 minutes and throw a 50 at them.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
npage148 wrote:

Quote:
We’ll even pay for a rabbit to the set pace at 20:00 for him.

Translated: ask any decent runner if they want to be Internet famous for 15 minutes and throw a 50 at them.

So you're saying that I am not a decent runner? I am outraged!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aw3 wrote:

Is that a new stipulation? I don't remember that one being posted before...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
aw3 wrote:

It is a way for them to find out how small this guy's penis really is.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, it seems like the LetsRun guys got the shivers when it looked as though Rossi was trying to get some revenge on them! From the article linked above:

Quote:
If Mr. Rossi is going to take LetsRun.com up on either or $10,000 or $100,000 challenge, we want to be notified with at least 72 hours advance warning of the race he plans on running so we can check the race out and see if there are intermediate timing mats and if the course lends itself to cutting. If we determine it’s possible to cut, we are insisting that Mr. Rossi allow us to monitor his race from start to finish. If Mr. Rossi is going to take us up on the $100,000 challenge, we request one week’s notice and have the right to conduct one pre- and one post-race drug test. Any positive test (according to WADA standards) or refusal to take a drug test will invalidate our offer.
If I had the chance to bag $100,000 dollars to knock 20-30 mins off my marathon time over 12 months I would quit my job and run my ass off. It's totally achievable, even for Rossi. Maybe I should try to mastermind a new LetsRun scandal! Although I'm not sure I'd like to get on the wrong side of the LR guys, that recent article is verging on a full-blown character assassination. Not only calling him out for course-cutting previously, but making it abundantly clear that they expect him to do it again and implying that he would resort to doping to fulfill the LR challenges. Of course Rossi deserves little sympathy given the stance he's taken, but it's a very strong viewpoint!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:

Quote:

I'd buy into that Livestream for $1. I'm sure they would get close to 1,000 viewers / people that would subscribe to it just to back it financially.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's putting up the 100k? LR readers? If I were Rossi, I'd be very skeptical of that money actually being up for grabs. No way I would be jumping through the hoops of these stupid challenges without some kind of guarantee.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
timbasile wrote:
aw3 wrote:

It is a way for them to find out how small this guy's penis really is.

If their thesis is to prove that he can't really run that fast, then absolutely drug testing should be in order. This would be the quick and easy way out for him. My point had more to do with the legal liability that this might create, if they're offering him a cash incentive to run, then add in new stipulations after the fact would complicate any legal challenge which might come their way.

Given the history - it would be easy to see a situation where he runs the 3:11 for the 100k, then refuses to take a drug test on "privacy grounds."
Last edited by: timbasile: Dec 2, 15 6:57
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [tonythetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying to imagine running my own 5k PR while passing 10 people per 100 meters, especially when those in the first half mile are basically walking/jogging. You'd have to really hammer the last two miles to get to 20:25 and if I remember correctly mile 2 was pretty much all up hill. You would think that people would remember a crazy guy blazing past them.

At this point this is not about the money. I see him doing his own track 5000m with nobody around just to say he did it. Same with a 5k road race down the road. Clean or not. I think he actually enjoys the attention. Expect this story to continue for many years to come.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, Letsrun.com just upped the ante! $1,000 to anyone who can find a photo or some other evidence that results in Rossi being DQ'd from the 5k this past weekend or from the VIA Marathon...

http://www.letsrun.com/...6479539&page=877

Tony
http://www.triathleteguru.com
Last edited by: tonythetriguy: Dec 2, 15 13:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next