Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Cowboys are going to be the real surprise this year...We'll see if I'm right Sunday against the Giants. But the drought may be over in TX.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There will be nothing surprising about the Cowboys winning regular season games, especially against the Giants this year.

The surprise will be when the season turns into the new year and the pressure increases.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [bullshark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bullshark wrote:
sphere wrote:
Three immutable laws of spherehood:
1) never bet against my Steelers
2) fuck Baltimore
3) fuck New England

I had no expectation of winning last night.

4) mike tomlin is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL. or maybe he's just really that dumb

Agree Tomlin is overrated, must be from the headsets in the other stadiums around the league including Heinz Field. Not like he uses them any way since he always has that lost blank look whenever they show close-ups of him on the sideline, only thing missing is the giant question mark over his head.

Must be the headsets fault that Gronk was left uncovered quite a few times last night, or that the Steelers missed two field goal attempts, or that they had no answer for a four-tight end set (which the league will probably ban after this season).

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their offense is elite level now, pending the return of Bryant and Bell. Probably the most potent offense they've had since...well, ever. The offensive overhaul fits very nicely with talent; the days of Ben, Bettis, Hines Ward and co. were potent, but not built for high speed, high scoring competition.

The secondary is still the big question mark. If the potential of the LB squad is ever realized, they'll be back to Steeler form in the middle ranks, which is their bread and butter on defense. The next two seasons carry some serious potential.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NE | GB | HOU | NYJ | IND | MIA | CAR | SEA | ARI | SD | TB | CIN | DEN | DAL | PHI | MIN
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Do you really think that Belichick is that bold to cheat so blatantly in week one after the shitstorm of deflategate?

Yes

Agreed.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
You're gonna have a helluva fantasy season with Antonio Brown, Edelman, and Gronk... They should just give you the title now.

Putting up points on the Steels 'Tin Foil' Curtain defense should not be an indicator for the whole season. Next week they play the Bills. I suspect the Patsies won't put up as many points no matter how many of Rex Ryan's headsets fail.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not using last nights game as an indicator of the whole season. Unfortunately for the Bills and every other team in the NFL, Edelman and Gronkowski have been doing what they did last night for years now. If you were a respectful person, you would have realized that I also mentioned Antonio Brown in my comment, and not because he had any eye-popping numbers last night. It was because I understand as a fan of the game that he is one of the best receivers in the game, regardless of what team he plays for.

I will not reply to your other drivel.
Last edited by: champy: Sep 11, 15 10:36
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Conspiracy. You keep using that word. However, I do not think it means what you think it means.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the NFL is saying that it was weather so they are clearly covering for them amiright?!?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Well the NFL is saying that it was weather so they are clearly covering for them amiright?!?

Yeah, that happens all the time ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Uh huh. And who controls the weather, one might ask.

Hmm?

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Uh huh. And who controls the weather, one might ask.

Hmm?

Belichick.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn right Bill does:

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Regular Season Picks [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
champy wrote:
You're gonna have a helluva fantasy season with Antonio Brown, Edelman, and Gronk... They should just give you the title now.

Putting up points on the Steels 'Tin Foil' Curtain defense should not be an indicator for the whole season. Next week they play the Bills. I suspect the Patsies won't put up as many points no matter how many of Rex Ryan's headsets fail.

Based only on the first half against the Colts, you may be very right on that one. Looks like the Bills have put together a really solid team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well there sure were a few surprises before the last 2 games, the first one being Colts at Bills.
And the second already being discussed in another thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Colts were 3rd in the league last year in points scored. But they couldn't stop the run to save their lives and their offensive line was mediocre. So what do they draft in the first round. A 5-10 WR, you just cant help stupid. A ton of big injuries week 1. And Peyton still cant throw more than 20yds.

But the Bills always play the Pats tough, and when Brady gets happy feet, its not a good thing. But he got rid of the ball ridiculously quickly last week, we'll need more of the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10-4 going into tonight's games. The real stunners are the losses of marquee players so early on. Dez, Suggs, Pouncey, and I'm sure there are others. It's a wonder any team makes it to the playoffs largely intact.

Buffalo will go 8-8. They are who we thought they are.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still betting on them beating the Pats next weekend. It's Rex Ryan's ultimate season goal anyway. He could go 2-14 with two wins against NE and he'd probably be happy.
And SEA is probably missing Kam Chancellor a lot more today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm picking them over NE as well, because fuck them.

Denver over KANSAS CITY
San Diego over CINCINNATI
Arizona over CHICAGO
Tennessee over CLEVELAND
Tampa Bay over NEW ORLEANS
BUFFALO over New England
WASHINGTON over St. Louis
Houston over CAROLINA
PITTSBURGH over San Francisco
Detroit over MINNESOTA
NY GIANTS over Atlanta
Miami over JACKSONVILLE
Baltimore over OAKLAND
PHILADELPHIA over Dallas
Seattle over GREEN BAY
INDIANAPOLIS over NY Jets

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KC | CIN | ARI | TEN | NO | BUF | STL | HOU | PIT | MIN | NYG | MIA | BAL | PHI | GB | IND
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
KC | CIN | ARI | TEN | NO | BUF | STL | HOU | PIT | MIN | NYG | MIA | BAL | PHI | GB | IND

Agree with you on most of your picks.

DEN | CIN | ARI | TEN | NO | NE | STL | HOU | PIT | MIN | NYG | MIA | BAL | DAL | GB | IND
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I have only CIN, ARI, PIT correct so far! At best, I'll go 5 and 11. Good thing my FF team is kicking butt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Still betting on them beating the Pats next weekend. It's Rex Ryan's ultimate season goal anyway. He could go 2-14 with two wins against NE and he'd probably be happy.
And SEA is probably missing Kam Chancellor a lot more today.

The problem is it turns into the players ultimate season goal too. Combine that with Ryan not having a disciplined hold on players, keeping them accountable for dumb penalties, and you get what happened yesterday. Aaron Williams still being in the game after two stupid, costly, extra-curricular penalties in the first quarter is all you need to know about a Rex Ryan-coached team. The exact same thing happened in NYJ. It's a great thing that he motivates players to run through brick walls for him. It's a terrible thing that he doesn't hold them accountable for poor play, undisciplined play.

For all his bluster about these games being huge for him, he's now 4-12 against Brady and Belichick, and that 2010 playoff upset is becoming a distant memory, just one win in his last eight games coaching against Brady/Belichick. Brady's numbers, against some incredible Jets defenses (and this fantastic Bills defense) are nothing to sneeze at either: since 2009 he has 26 TD's, 7 INT's in 14 games. And now he has the record for yards against a Bills defense.

I do worry about Ryan-coached defenses, partly because he has a good eye for talent and his aggressive schemes have definitely rattled Brady at times. But the bigger he makes these games out to be, the more undisciplined his teams are. Plays right into the Pats hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7 - 8 right now.

Hoping I can get a win tonight at get to .500 for the week.

Quote Reply

Prev Next