Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Logistical questions about 70.3 Muncie
Quote | Reply
Hi All,
I am getting ready to do the 70.3 Muncie race and I have a few questions that weren't answered in the athlete guide, so I thought the folks who have participated before could help me out;)

1. How close is athlete parking to the transition area?
2. Are the water bottles/Gatorade usually cold or warmish throughout the bike course? Its probably going to be hot and cold would be refreshing.
3. Do they allow swim warm up before the event? I think I've read other race reports that said they do but just checking.
4. Does someone know of a website that shows the water temps of the Prairie Creek Reservoir? I've done a google search but can't find any that show the water temps...just avg and water quality, depth etc. I know usually its not wetsuit legal but last year it was and while we've had (I live in Northern KY) a few weeks of hot temps it has cooled off this last week so I wanted to keep and eye on it.

Thanks everyone:)

Lisa
Quote Reply
Re: Logistical questions about 70.3 Muncie [ljam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ljam wrote:
Hi All,
I am getting ready to do the 70.3 Muncie race and I have a few questions that weren't answered in the athlete guide, so I thought the folks who have participated before could help me out;)

1. How close is athlete parking to the transition area?
2. Are the water bottles/Gatorade usually cold or warmish throughout the bike course? Its probably going to be hot and cold would be refreshing.
3. Do they allow swim warm up before the event? I think I've read other race reports that said they do but just checking.
4. Does someone know of a website that shows the water temps of the Prairie Creek Reservoir? I've done a google search but can't find any that show the water temps...just avg and water quality, depth etc. I know usually its not wetsuit legal but last year it was and while we've had (I live in Northern KY) a few weeks of hot temps it has cooled off this last week so I wanted to keep and eye on it.

Thanks everyone:)

Lisa

1. Eh, not far, just down the street, a quarter mile or so.
2. Don't remember . . but as my kids would tell me . . . you git what you git and you don't throw a fit.
3. They've had a small area sectioned off in the past.
4. You could try the America Multi Sport Facebook page. They race out there and probably have posted some temperatures recently. It can be all over the place, I've raced in it when it was only 60 and raced when it was 87. It can change quite a bit over a few days. It hasn't been unusually warm this year and it's rained a ton so if I had to guess it's probably in the low to mid 70's. The water quality is crap. No clue how deep it is cause you can't see your hand, let alone the bottom. It can get a little choppy. . . but it's not a bad lake to race in.
Quote Reply
Re: Logistical questions about 70.3 Muncie [ljam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Last year parking was in a big field nearby...I want to say less than .5 mile? It was not far and I did not get there super early.
2. I don't recall from the bike course but they had plenty of ice and sponges on the run last year and I'm middle to BOP
3. yes
4. I couldn't find one last year at all. You might be able to post to the race facebook page and see if anyone has been in the lake recently

good luck! I really enjoyed this race!
Quote Reply