Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tip of the hat to Herbert
Quote | Reply
Saw on my twitter feed that Herbert finished 3rd OA at the 36 North Triathlon. He is so always doing stories and giving other people recognition. Thought it would be cool to give him some in return!

Congrats Herbert!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes indeed, all the congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOOOHOO! our boy makes good. huzzah!
peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are too kind. It certainly was not a big event, but I can't control who shows up. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
You are too kind. It certainly was not a big event, but I can't control who shows up. :-)

Congrat and great job. Doesn't matter how you cut it, taking 3rd out of 50-54 is a big achievement.
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to improve my swim from the previous year's lame effort, and did so. I also rode faster, but ran 4 seconds slower. I beat everyone I could beat. The 2 guys ahead were way better, and beat me in every segment.

http://jonesracingcompany.com/...results/36n-overall/
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Congrat and great job. Doesn't matter how you cut it, taking 3rd out of 50-54 is a big achievement.

Actually, looks like he was 3rd overall out of 220, which is quite impressive. Herbert, the results don't say what the race distances were - can you enlighten us with the actuals??? Looks like maybe the swim was in a pool??? What length pool???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a 300 meter swim in a 25 meter pool, a 12.5 mile bike course and a 5k run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
It was a 300 meter swim in a 25 meter pool, a 12.5 mile bike course and a 5k run.

Ah, i see, very nice performance!!!

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I wanted to improve my swim from the previous year's lame effort, and did so. I also rode faster, but ran 4 seconds slower. I beat everyone I could beat. The 2 guys ahead were way better, and beat me in every segment.

http://jonesracingcompany.com/...results/36n-overall/

I think it's time for a new thread on this topic. "The Official Ask Herbert Anything About His 3rd OA at North Tri". I'm willing to bet that there would be a lot of great questions about your training and race execution for this race.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is funny, but there is not much to say other than that I have access to great equipment. I was better prepared in terms of training but I am still not very consistent. And I know that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i was hoping to write that a slowtwitch staffer did good in his race this weekend. i just didn't know it was going to be THIS staffer ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we've got another guy who's pretty good who was also racing this weekend.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert was awesome! 3rd overall at 50! He took this 55 year old by 30 seconds! Those of you who don't personally know Herbert are really missing something - he is an all-a-round great guy and I am proud to have him as my friend!

And, I just love his boys!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: May 17, 15 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are all too nice. It really is a great race and as I said before, for the organizers I wish it was a field of 500 (including relays) instead of 250 (including 10 relays), and if that means the podium is out of reach for me, that is perfectly fine. We all need to support these smaller events or they will go away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David? I'm betting that your name, in real life, is Jon Stewart.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was "Team Wiz" taken?
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team "PIS" is from Australia - Penrith Institute of Sport. They are quite a large team w/ many Hawaii competitors each year. Herbert, as an honorary member, seems to relish wearing their attire around those not so well informed!

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gotten John Stewart a couple of times. Recently before a presentation at a local high school for http://www.SafeSober.com word spread quickly that Anderson Cooper was at their school! I believe I disappointed them.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Team "PIS" is from Australia - Penrith Institute of Sport. They are quite a large team w/ many Hawaii competitors each year. Herbert, as an honorary member, seems to relish wearing their attire around those not so well informed!

#gotlitteral
Quote Reply
Re: Tip of the hat to Herbert [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Team PIS always has an amazing support crew in Kona.

Brett Sutton recently wrote about them, and the lead pic is mine and really shows the team spirit well.

https://trisutto.com/...what-it-means-to-me/

H.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
The Team PIS always has an amazing support crew in Kona.

Brett Sutton recently wrote about them, and the lead pic is mine and really shows the team spirit well.

https://trisutto.com/...what-it-means-to-me/

H.

wow, praise from a convicted child molester. Doesn't get much better than that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
David? I'm betting that your name, in real life, is Jon Stewart.

I was really confused at first thinking that tip of the hat wag of the finger was a colbert segment not a daily show one.. Then I scrolled up and saw it!
Quote Reply