Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [get2T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that he was like 47 (not that that really matters)
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [JesseR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JesseR wrote:
Toby Tri wrote:
From Yahoo Sports article . . .

“My race history…is not indicative of my performance level but my training does show an ability to run a sub 3:15 marathon. Many of my races were run for fun or were performed while I had documented injuries.”

While I think the guy is a cheater I can relate to race history not necessarily being indicative of performance. For example, my 5k PR is a dismal 23:00 run on Oct 4 last year. Two weeks later I ran a half in 1:37. Luckily for me I have GPS data to back it all up.

Only, your numbers aren't that far off from what would be expected, so they're not unreasonable. Mike Rossi's 22ish 5k and 3:11 marathon aren't even in the same ballpark. (That 5k time projects a marathon in the 3:35 range)

If the guy didn't cheat, he's sure done a good job of making it look like he did.

USAT Lvl1 Coach, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, BS Exercise Science
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Mike should say.....

"The last thing I'll say to the people that don't believe in me, the cynics, the skeptics, I'm sorry for you.
"I'm sorry you can't dream big, and I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. "This is a great sporting event,
and you should stand around and believe, and you should believe in me. I'm a fan of me for as long as I live,
and there are no secrets. This is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it. So vive le Mike Rossi. Forever".

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:

"The last thing I'll say to the people that don't believe in me, the cynics, the skeptics, I'm sorry for you.
"I'm sorry you can't dream big, and I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles. "This is a great sporting event,
and you should stand around and believe, and you should believe in me. I'm a fan of me for as long as I live,
and there are no secrets. This is a hard sporting event and hard work wins it. So vive le Mike Rossi. Forever".

ouch!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:

Nicely played.

Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:

SOOOOOOOO tempted to post that in the Comments of the Phillymag.com page

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Yasso? Lehigh Valley? Yeah, I'm willing to bet he's related to Bart Yasso in some way

And he's kinda respected by Runners, y'know

Brother

http://www.mcall.com/...-20150507-story.html

Quote:
The Lehigh Valley race is a popular Boston one because it is a flat, shaded course, designed by famed marathoner Bart Yasso, Gerry's brother.

Rossi will never eat a PowerBar in this town again

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a Michael Rossi from Pennsylvania who ran in the Boston Marathon who works in radio but is NOT the father of the year guy. That guy is 52. And I bet he is being harassed a lot right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And this next track by Madonna is one where I was one of her tour dancers. Of course, that was back before the days of Facebook, so sadly I wasn't able to post anything from back stage"

I would LOVE to have this guy as a wedding DJ..."The 47-year-old wedding and radio disc jockey..." (from the Morning Call story).

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
I agree...when I was planning on running a 2:50 marathon, my 10-mile training pace would be 6 to 6:10 (if not sub 6) for a tempo run.

A little off topic, but are you still in that neighborhood of training? Because that's a seriously solid 10 mile tempo pace for 2:50. If so, the next time you start aiming for a fast marathon, you should start thinking sub-2:40
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
There is a Michael Rossi from Pennsylvania who ran in the Boston Marathon who works in radio but is NOT the father of the year guy. That guy is 52. And I bet he is being harassed a lot right now.

There was some mention of that on letsrun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The two men named Mike Rossi have apparently met in professional circles (broadcasting groups, I suppose) but they are two different men.

Yeah, I get it. What are the odds of two Mike Rossis on air within easy driving distance of each other? Bizarre.

So it's definitely not New Jersey's US International Freestyle Skier, Mike Rossi. or the one that's owns a pizza place in Trenton?

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
"And this next track by Madonna is one where I was one of her tour dancers. Of course, that was back before the days of Facebook, so sadly I wasn't able to post anything from back stage"

I would LOVE to have this guy as a wedding DJ..."The 47-year-old wedding and radio disc jockey..."

If Allison Williams gets married, maybe Brian will give him a call

I'm sure they'd have a lot of stories to share

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly no...I don't even know if my left knee would even let me run 10 miles anymore. My marathon PR is 2:42. I never did try running a marathon when I was running 10 mile training runs that fast. I always more of a 5K/10K guy. BTW, I'm envious of the guys I used to train with who are still capable of sub-2:40 marathons in their 40s!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
Also it was hot and humid during that event and there is no way you could cross the finish with a dry shirt.

Unless...

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just got posted on the LR discussion. They've been scouring the race pictures.

"So Mr. Rossi is the only one out of 1065 marathon finishers with no photos along the race course (excepting the finish line)."
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's blood in the water, and it's attracting attention from far outside the Running Community

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/...a5-cf05d85d89a0.html

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Goosedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's Run has done it again. VIDEO EVIDENCE. (or something close to it)

Smoking gun video?! wrote:
http://results.chronotrack.com...D=10510918

Watch the finisher video of MR - note the guy wearing green neon singlet finishing just ahead.

Now go to these times of the video (not the clock time)
@2:09:10 - the green singlet guy coming in from the distance
@2:09:20 - two pedestrians cross behind the green singlet guy from left to right
@2:09:23 - a mystery man from the left walks out on to the course BUT does not continue right and appears to join behind the green singlet guy
@2:09:30 - two more pedestrians (one with a stroller) cross from left to right behind the green singlet guy + mystery man
@2:09:47 - green singlet crosses the finish and mystery man is revealed to be MR...

Case closed.

LRC video analyst

Read more:http://www.letsrun.com/...age=80#ixzz3ZU1O9ukV
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the 2:09 video theory was shown to be incorrect earlier in the thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The smoking gun will most likely come from a picture taken at the last relay transfer point about 3 miles from the finish. At his typical 8 minute pace, that's anywhere after 2:40:00 into the race.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like having someone else to trawl through the Lets Run threads and keep me posted of the important developments. Those guys can ramble on like anything, the threads can hit 100 pages before anything had even happened.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard he was fired by his coach mid season
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:

That's not a Trucker Hat

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:

Thread closed. We have a winner.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He saw a fin on the ground and walked off the course to pick it up, he was bringing it back to give to a race official.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ctbrian wrote:

That's not a Trucker Hat

Most folks are looking up at the finish, and pushing their watch for a finish time.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next