Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wing 57 without visor - aero penalty?
Quote | Reply
Anyone where the 57 without the visor? Any ideas if there is an aero penalty wearing glasses vs the shield?
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 without visor - aero penalty? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on the shape of your cheek bones but generally for the Wing 57 the visor is better. It is also usually faster with the front vent left open.
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 without visor - aero penalty? [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks....and answer from the designer. Very cool!

I am a MOP rider...working on getting faster though and know its the engine. However, when you say the visor is faster vs no visor.....could you quantify the difference. Would it be noticeable?

Lastly.....I love the wing 57, the reason I asked the question is that the visor does not snap in very securely. Did you come up with any tips or tricks to get it to stay put when you engineered it?

Thanks for the response!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello
I ve tested the W57 in windtunnel.
It was 2 watts better with sunglasses (rudy project) than with the visor. For me
Tested twice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't engineer the visor so I don't know about how to make it clip better. Personally, I think visors are hotter so I don't normally recommend them for Triathlons, only TT races. The overall speed difference on a 112 mi. bike will be pretty small.
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 without visor - aero penalty? [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Appreciate the guidance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden with visor yet, but it seemed pretty secure when I tried it out of the box. Make sure you feel it "click" into place which requires a firm push, otherwise it's not locked in. Love the helmet by the way!
Quote Reply
Re: Wing 57 without visor - aero penalty? [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, we've introduced a new version of the Wing57 visor to counteract the snapping off issue. If you own a Wing57, you can get a free replacement visor here: http://www.e-rudy.com/en/freevisor
And you can read more about it here: http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/press/?p=9376
Quote Reply