Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Torhans 30 bottle height.
Quote | Reply
Please could someone furnish me with the height of a Torhans 30 Aero bottle.

And also let me know if it will fit in the Aero 20 cage.

Thanking you.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans 30 bottle height. [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 20 and 30 both use the same mount.

I'll measure the 30 tonight if no one else has posted it.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans 30 bottle height. [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans 30 bottle height. [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
250mm top of cap to bottom of bottle
190mm top inside of upper mount slot to bottom of bottle
160mm top inside of lower mount slot to bottom of bottle
15mm mount slot inside to inside

Let me know if these don't cover what you needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A most excellent summary! Thanks again for your time, much appreciated.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great with some measurements on the Torhans 30. Have been looking for these a few times...

I will try to see if I can formulate this question so it actually makes sense:

What is the distance from the back of the mount (or the part of the mount that's in contact with the extensions) to the back of the lower part of the bottle?

Curious to know this as it seems to be essential to get the bottle as close to the frame as possible and I want to make sure that I can get the mount as far back as this require.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans 30 bottle height. [Silasgnom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Silasgnom wrote:
Great with some measurements on the Torhans 30. Have been looking for these a few times...

What is the distance from the back of the mount (or the part of the mount that's in contact with the extensions) to the back of the lower part of the bottle?

Curious to know this as it seems to be essential to get the bottle as close to the frame as possible and I want to make sure that I can get the mount as far back as this require.

did you get an answer to this? I'm considering the torhans but also need to know the same thing. I'm not sure my frame is "close" enough

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans 30 bottle height. [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The issue you may have is how high your extensions are, and any stem contact. I have my Zipp Vuka extensions on 10mm risers and it's hard to get the bottle back far enough before it makes contact with the stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans 30 bottle height. [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
Silasgnom wrote:

did you get an answer to this? I'm considering the torhans but also need to know the same thing. I'm not sure my frame is "close" enough

Did you guys ever figure this out?

I modified the mount a little to allow the 30 to sit flush against the stem. I think I measured the mount and there was a good half inch that prevented good contact. I cut the mount at the bottom of the "U" (so that I had two separate parts), drilled holes, then zip tied them together. Now, the bottle sits flush against the stem and is as close as it can get without causing interference on the frame itself.

Quote Reply