Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Track me racing and training app??
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, is there a racing/tracking app for my iPhone that can see real time updates while I am racing and training?

I am doing oside Saturday and would like my wife to get updates on my location on the bike and run. Ideally it's real time and maybe even has my hr, speed, pace, etc alongside. I plan to just stick the iPhone into my back pocket during t1 and just leave it there.

Any idea or suggestions. I've heard It exists but don't have time to review and search for the info. Hopefully someone has some good experience and recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Track me racing and training app?? [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endomondo or RoadID App.

I use RoadID app. At the start of your workout you turn it on. If you are idle for 5 minutes the phone sounds an alarm. If you don't clear the alarm in 60 seconds it notifies the person that you have stopped moving. It also allows you to real time track.

Endomodo I have not used but my training partners do. I believe all stats your phone receives are available real time - Pace, splits, etc. I'm assuming HR would also be available if you had a strap the app can use.

There are other trackers like LIFE360 that are just location tracking and nothing more. They work fine but are not geared toward athletes so they don't offer the extra safety feature of RoadID or the Pace information of Endomondo.
Quote Reply
Re: Track me racing and training app?? [talegater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For training? Probably.

For racing? Considering that USAT requires that your phone be powered OFF and stowed in a bag or pocket while riding... I doubt you're going to find something that works with your iPhone. Charlie Crawford (USAT Comm of Officials) told me that if you really want to use your phone to let your wife know where you are, pull off the road, get off your bike, make a call, and then put it away.

Good luck and stay safe!

Ex Race Director, put out of business by the Rona
Quote Reply
Re: Track me racing and training app?? [cbs78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion! I started the roadid app in t1 but it didn't work. It was "initializing" and I just threw it in my back pocket. Then failed. Oh well.

Wife and kids just waited at the finish line.
Quote Reply
Re: Track me racing and training app?? [Andy_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy_M wrote:
For training? Probably.

For racing? Considering that USAT requires that your phone be powered OFF

Do people really power it off? I know I don't.
Quote Reply