Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brightest rear light, fairly reasonable in cost? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the Exposure lights and the Tracer works great. Add a Blackburn flea clip-on to your jersey, and you're set.
Quote Reply
Re: Brightest rear light, fairly reasonable in cost? [Bigringonly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snagged some Vis 180's on Chainlove recently at 50% off. Have not used them yet, but purchased them based on reviews.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Brightest rear light, fairly reasonable in cost? [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exposure Blaze for me. Throws out some serious light, great battery life and very rugged build quality.

Don't know what the drivers are like in Chicago (I'm in London, they're fairly dreadful), but if you're commuting in town you might also want to give consideration to having led lights on your wheels and/or a flashing red/white LED mounted to your helmet. Wheel lights hugely increase visibility from the side, and a flashing helmet light is helpful in traffic and for pedestrians as it can be seen over the top of cars. Noticed a significant decrease in the number of near-misses since I fitted extra lights
Quote Reply
Re: Brightest rear light, fairly reasonable in cost? [ccie1115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Nitecore MH1A + Red Filter = 550 lumen
The output from that will be much, much less than 550 lumen because white LEDs operate by fluorescence and actually have very little 'red' output. If that red filter is at all selective then it's going to absorb probably about 90% of what went into it.

If you want bright red light, get some Cree 2W XP-E red LEDs and run them at about half rated power (so they last indefinitely)... nobody within 100 feet will be able to look directly at your bike without seeing spots for a while after.

Less is more.
Quote Reply

Prev Next