Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Richard H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK if you are going to throw me and others under the bus, at least use my name correctly. Secondly why do I need to mention Betsy or any other person he threw under the bus. My beef is not with the riders, it is with the people who run the sport. Put the riders in a tight enough box and they will play inside it. Give them a free for all playing field and you'll get exactly what we got in cycling and we continue to get in Premier League, NFL and a variety of other leagues. Yeah, I get, it, they are all scum, just like Barry Bonds and Sammy Sosa and Mark McGuire, but MLB just watched the doped home run derby and went "cha ching" to the bank as did ASO/UCI during the height of the EPO era.

In any case, please try to use logical statements and attack the text or the ideas we post, but don't personally attack people. If you use blanket statements calling people scum, you may find your user account disabled. It is OK to say what people type is stupid, illogical, or non factual. That's OK. Personal attacks on people have tended to get people banned around here. I've been around triathlon for 30+ years and on this ST community for 10+ years...guys who behave like you come and go. We'll be around talking tri long after that.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
I like Lance so I am a Liar and a cheat.

Huge fan too. Keep up the good fight.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some are so lucky on this forum. I remove folks from a large forum I run all the time for personal attacks and language.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Seems like there's very little dispute that the ban covers any event sanctioned by USAC including fondos."

actually, every "organized" by USAC. even USADA seemed to question whether the ban covered a gran fondo, because it was not a competition. technically, the ban was for anything "organized by a WADA signatory." if there was ever an actual reconciliation commission put together by USADA, or WADA, or the UCI, and lance was attending at the invitation of the organizer at which point he was to humbly apologize and tell all, he technically couldn't accept the invite.

hence the conferring over the last day or so.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Oct 23, 14 18:09
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Richard H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"America has a history of incompetent and humane executions."

you mean inhumane executions, i assume. you're right. our problem is that we let people do it who have no experience. we either ought to do away with executions, or let the veterinarians do it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I can pretty much speak for most of ST when I say you've officially worn out your welcome here. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Spot

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
I think I can pretty much speak for most of ST when I say you've officially worn out your welcome here. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Spot

Ditto

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"Seems like there's very little dispute that the ban covers any event sanctioned by USAC including fondos."

actually, every "organized" by USAC. even USADA seemed to question whether the ban covered a gran fondo, because it was not a competition. technically, the ban was for anything "organized by a WADA signatory." if there was ever an actual reconciliation commission put together by USADA, or WADA, or the UCI, and lance was attending at the invitation of the organizer at which point he was to humbly apologize and tell all, he technically couldn't accept the invite.

hence the conferring over the last day or so.

It would help if people actually read the WADA code. Section 10.10 of the current code (2009) applies, and has not been changed in the new code that takes effect from 1 Jan 2015.

It's pretty simple, not sure what all the fuss is about. He's prohibited from participating. As for any reconciliation activity with appropriate bodies/authorities, that could readily be covered by the rehabilitation provision.

Quote:

Status During Ineligibility

10.10.1 Prohibition Against Participation During Ineligibility

No Athlete or other Person who has been declared Ineligible may, during the period of Ineligibility, participate in any capacity in a Competition or activity (other than authorized anti-doping education or rehabilitation programs) authorized or organized by any Signatory, Signatory's member organization, or a club or other member organization of a Signatory’s member organization, or in Competitions authorized or organized by any professional league or any international- or national-level Event organization.

An Athlete or other Person subject to a period of Ineligibility longer than four (4) years may, after completing four (4) years of the period of Ineligibility, participate in local sport events in a sport other than the sport in which the Athlete or other Person committed the anti-doping rule violation, but only so long as the local sport event is not at a level that could otherwise qualify such Athlete or other Person directly or indirectly to compete in (or accumulate points toward) a national championship or International Event.

An Athlete or other Person subject to a period of Ineligibility shall remain subject to Testing.

Last edited by: Watt Matters: Oct 23, 14 18:44
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Watt Matters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It would help if people actually read the WADA code."

you're right. i'm going to read the WADA code tonight. i was going to watch the chargers. but, not now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"America has a history of incompetent and humane executions."

you mean inhumane executions, i assume. you're right. our problem is that we let people do it who have no experience. we either ought to do away with executions, or let the veterinarians do it.

Yes I did mean in humane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

you're right. i'm going to read the WADA code tonight. i was going to watch the chargers. but, not now.

the Chargers can't beat both the Broncos and the bad calls.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:

Spot

Am I officially banned?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

I was referring to people in general, including USAC and anyone else who seems to think there is uncertainty over the rules that apply.

The Code is actually a reasonably decent read and if more people who commented on doping matters actually read it first, we probably wouldn't see so many ill informed discussions. But don't miss the game. What's your tip for the score?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Richard H, will you be declaring yourself eligible for the #TRSDraft?

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [Watt Matters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The Code is actually a reasonably decent read and if more people who commented on doping matters actually read it first, we probably wouldn't see so many ill informed discussions. But don't miss the game. What's your tip for the score?"

i read the code pretty thoroughly when researching WTC's efforts toward anti-doping last year. but i'm old. i forget. i relied on USADA's earlier statements or, even worse, the reporting of USADA's statements. i should have known better.

rivers just got intercepted. now the Code is officially more interesting than the chargers.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:

What is that? Are they Lance Armstrong fan boys or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Richard H wrote:
spot wrote:

Spot

Am I officially banned?

No, I know that because I can read what you wrote.

do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Richard H wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

Probably some. Others will strictly be liars and cheats. http://www.therealstarky.com/...10/22/your-brand-rtc

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Richard H wrote:
TheRealStarky wrote:

Probably some. Others will strictly be liars and cheats.http://www.therealstarky.com/...10/22/your-brand-rtc[/quote[/url]]

sounds like some kind of cult to me.

do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Some are so lucky on this forum. I remove folks from a large forum I run all the time for personal attacks and language.

What is the large forum you run? Is it full of Lance Armstrong apologists?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Richard H wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

What is the large forum you run? Is it full of Lance Armstrong apologists?

No, I think car boatorist. they are a rough crowd I hear.

do that thing.
Last edited by: pattersonpaul: Oct 23, 14 19:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

i am comfortable that when it comes to anti-doping, there is no anti-doping ardency that trumps mine, notwithstanding those who think otherwise. and yet i'm sympathetic to the view that lance should keep his titles. i understand the argument. i don't think it's pro-doping, or soft on doping, or naive, to hold that argument.

I think it's understandable for someone to be sympathetic to the view that Lance should keep his titles (or any athlete for that matter who has been banned for doping)- whether it comes from a fan, friend, or follower, etc. of an athlete or the sport. However, when it's a business colleague that's also a competitor- indirectly supporting a rule breaking method to win, that's the dividing line in my mind that I have tough time going over that hurdle. If I decided to start a website, http://www.sometimesfasttwitch.com and copied and pasted a lot of slowtwitch articles without permission, would you support my endeavor, even though I was ripping you off? That's sort of how I see it, when a sporting peer supports another peer about their banning (and still keeping their wins through illegal methods), when they were ripping off their peers (or ripping off at least some of their peers). I think that is an important element to my opinion about Tejay. Now if everyone is on the hot sauce, and they're all playing by the same rules (maximum dope without getting caught- in a sense what Dev eloquently wrote above)- then I can fully understand why peers would be supportive of other peers in that 'bubble' world.
Last edited by: mcycle: Oct 23, 14 21:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I hope you stayed with reading "The Code"….as tedious as I imagine that reading may be….still less painful than watching that Charger loss.

#EdHochuliRedux
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Richard H [ In reply to ]
Re: No thread yet on on the corruptness / incompetance of USAC and Tygart at USADA? [mcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have had this "would you dope" argument many times. I don't know that I would have been able to walk away (not dope / collect lanterne rouge) if I had made it far enough in cycling to be on the start list of the TDF. During the time under discussion, it seems doping was as rampant in pro cycling as it (currently seems to be) in the NFL. It would have been extremely hard to see that possible lifelong dream vanish, just like that. I honestly can't say how I'd respond, but I can certainly say that I would not be happy with either choice. It is likely that either choice would have left me bitter and angry for a long time. I'm glad I never had to make it.

The UCI, during the time in question, seems to have been complicit. That being my opinion, their role in the whole thing further muddies the waters. Right now it seems the penalties for officials and riders have not been evenly applied.

I personally think he should get to keep the titles, along with the others affected by the scandal, but that the record book should asterisk and clearly note which titles/records were from known caught dopers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next