Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sanders, training numbers from Kona.
Quote | Reply
http://lsanderstri.com/

A 2:39 marathon in a training run! Wow is this guy training an insane amount and at relatively high speeds. Can't wait for his IM distance debut.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [FTDA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love his blog. curious how that volume/speed compares with other pros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced against him this year and words cannot describe how scary fast this guy is. He was coming to the finish line as I was coming off my bike leg in a sprint distance course. Perspective I finished 5th in my AG and 89th overall so he spanked us all with the exception of Cody Beals. Insane talent and work ethic

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Oct 21, 14 8:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTDA wrote:
http://lsanderstri.com/

A 2:39 marathon in a training run! Wow is this guy training an insane amount and at relatively high speeds. Can't wait for his IM distance debut.

Should do wonders for his swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I read it right, he ran more than a marathon on the treadmill??? Wow, that is mental strength! I can't do more than an hour on the dreadmill
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 episodes of "The Walking Dead"
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With that engine, he certainly could become a far better swimmer. I am sure he will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three days after running a 2:41. The day after 130 miles of riding

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in awe when I read that.. I was in Kona as well and thought I was training hard. It was peanuts compared to this...
Check out the blog that outlines what he ate during one of his training days: http://lsanderstri.com/...y-in-its-entirety-2/

Team Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friend of mine held (holds?) the world 48-hour treadmill record. He is wired a bit funny in the head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTDA wrote:
With that engine, he certainly could become a far better swimmer. I am sure he will.

Not just about the engine. Back to the topic at hand though he also did a 2:41 marathon some days before. The dude is crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanders has an amazing amount of potential.

That said, I regularly run 6 minute miles on a treadmill in training but have yet to run faster than a 6:26/mile in a race. I wouldn't hold too much weight on training paces.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cshowe80 wrote:
I raced against him this year and words cannot describe how scary fast this guy is. He was coming to the finish line as I was coming off my bike leg in a sprint distance course. Perspective I finished 5th in my AG and 48th overall so he spanked us all with the exception of Cody Beals. Insane talent and work ethic

Just because you are doing the same race doesn't mean you were racing "against" him. That's like saying just because I did Kona this year I was racing "against" Kienle. Not even close.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would when it comes to Sanders. He's already proven he's the most talented runner over 70.3 (outside of maybe Frodo). Its a wonder his body hasn't broken down yet. He feeds it complete garbage and still performs at that level...
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Friend of mine held (holds?) the world 48-hour treadmill record. He is wired a bit funny in the head.

let's hope the funny head doesn't stop him from achieving his potential.

If anyone is friends with this guy, try to get him a coach!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I am fully aware of that I just wanted to say seeing him first person is one hell of a thing and the numbers you see can't compare to the guys actual presence. He's a hell of a competitor and it was crazy to see how fast he really was as he flew by me on my way to the bike turn around. He pushes some massive watts on that LG bike of his.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe his outside number are close. If I remember correctly he has a sub 1:10 half in his palmares.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't Barrie coach him or something?

Me: https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...ever-comes-next.html

Latest: Colorectal Cancer is in the News Again. Don't Blame Red Meat
https://carnivoreendurance.blogspot.com/...news-again-dont.html
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has a coach. Not sure who. Will try and find out.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
cshowe80 wrote:
I raced against him this year and words cannot describe how scary fast this guy is. He was coming to the finish line as I was coming off my bike leg in a sprint distance course. Perspective I finished 5th in my AG and 48th overall so he spanked us all with the exception of Cody Beals. Insane talent and work ethic

Just because you are doing the same race doesn't mean you were racing "against" him. That's like saying just because I did Kona this year I was racing "against" Kienle. Not even close.

I know what you're trying to say but assuming the same start time, which isn't the case in Kona, essentially he was.

Edit: Grammar.
Last edited by: Staz: Oct 21, 14 8:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Birdmantris wrote:
Doesn't Barrie coach him or something?

Yep, @BarrieShepley.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [Birdmantris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I understand Barrie is more of a person to bounce ideas off of, but Lionel writes all of his own workouts for bike and run. He has mentioned swim coaches in the past, but I'm not sure who it is currently. I think this is why you often see him change his mind mid workout as he states in his blog "Initially I had intended on doing a 21.5 mile run workout (34km). But I was still feeling very good around 18 miles, so I decided to tack on a couple more intervals and run a marathon. Once I got to the marathon, I was still feeling good and decided to run 28.1 miles (approximately 45k)."

I feel like Lionel was at just about every race I did this year, and every time he made me feel like I was standing still on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders, training numbers from Kona. [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As fast as he is on the run he is a beast on the bike as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Sanders has an amazing amount of potential.

That said, I regularly run 6 minute miles on a treadmill in training but have yet to run faster than a 6:26/mile in a race. I wouldn't hold too much weight on training paces.

We a like to believe those treadmill numbers, telling us that we are wonderful. But they lie.
The faster you go the more dishonest they become.
I could run 2:40 for a marathon on the treadmill. (It would be really hard). I would be lucky to run 2:50 in an actual race, or 3:20 in an IM.

2:40 for a guy like that on the treadmill- that just what you would expect for a training run.

http://www.hillrunner.com/training/tmillchart.php
Quote Reply

Prev Next