Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mount for 910XT in front of aero bottle?
Quote | Reply
I have a Profile Design aero bottle (bullet type). It has a mount for your watch behind the the bottle. It's great if you are on the horns, but in aero you have to look way back to see it. It would be perfect if it was mounted in front of the bottle. I see the Xlab torpedo has such a mount. I don't want to replace my bottle system. Does anyone know of an after-market bracket/mount to do this? I have looked and all I see are very short mounts. I have a Felt B16. In front of the bottle is the bar tape of my extensions and my hands occupy all of that space, There is no real estate to mount a small bracket. It would have to come from underneath the PD bottle. Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks!

"It doesn't get any easier, you just get faster" - Greg LeMond
Quote Reply
Re: Mount for 910XT in front of aero bottle? [Dont_Drown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my Garmin watch on the front of my Torpedo. I used the rubber handlebar mount rigged around the supplied forward mount with the torpedo. The watch band will go through the mount to keep it secure. There may be a little drag with it, but probably not much more than my hands being right there too. PM me your number, and I'll text you a pic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racewaredirect 22.2 TT clamp.. Right at the base of your bar.grip on extension....
Quote Reply
Re: Mount for 910XT in front of aero bottle? [Dougida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dougida
Sent the number. I'd like to see the pic.
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Mount for 910XT in front of aero bottle? [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shadwell
Thanks but I don't think that would work for me. The part of the extensions with tape are completely taken up by my hands/wrists. The bare section of the extensions are blocked by the bottle.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you put it backwards? that's what i did with my xlab. the mount goes behind the bottle but i just turned it around. so i pull the bottle out by pulling it towards me, instead of away.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the PD HC Aero bottle mount and I measured the diameter of the bottle and bought the right size O-rings to strap on the Garmin quick release mount onto the front of the bottle. It works very well. it might not be the most aero but i highly doubt that I lose that much drag overall.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that too until in realised my hands lie on the outside of the extension, so I removed 20 of grip tape on LHS extension and the computer sits in adjacent to the base of the palms of my hands...
They do a short extension version too for extensions which are close together as are mine....

Either way if no good, best of luck finding a solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Mount for 910XT in front of aero bottle? [skwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I really like skwan's idea. Just attach the mount to the bottle! I'm going to try that. Thanks!

Quote Reply