Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Joule with GPS [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got it thanks - so other than i clearly over payed for the initial model unless mapping is added similar to the Garmin 800 i'm fine with the existing functionality
Quote Reply
Re: New Joule with GPS [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zulu wrote:
got it thanks - so other than i clearly over payed for the initial model unless mapping is added similar to the Garmin 800 i'm fine with the existing functionality

Agree.

They're focusing on the Edge 500-ish market, and aren't looking at the mapping side. I'd agree, I'm not sure the Edge 800-style devices with mapping is a big enough market for more than one major player and a few ancillary players (i.e. Bryton) - primarily due to the strength of cell phone mapping options filling that gap for most.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:

A year ago I would have said micro was a pain, but I'm seeing more and more devices using it now that I've got plenty of both cable types lying around.

Ha! What don't you have a bunch of laying around?

On a side note, from your page, this is a HUGE win right here:

User replaceable electronics pod.

Erik
Strava
Last edited by: mcdoublee: Jun 15, 11 8:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just want to see norm power on the display and have it play with Quarq nicely.
Quote Reply
Re: New Joule with GPS [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any update on a release date for these? I've got a Quarq sat around with no head unit as I'm waiting for the 'available August' Joule GPS..... Worrying that there's not even any details on the Cycleops website, nor any reviewer tests.
Quote Reply
Re: New Joule with GPS [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Though the joystick is a pain to use while riding...

Yep. I was on a group ride and couldn't change out of "20 min watts" to get back to "watts". I just gave up! The joystick while a cool idea, only works when your sitting still.
Quote Reply
Re: New Joule with GPS [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saris seriously need to consider in some way compensating the original joule users, the original unit has so many short comings and it looks as if it will now go unsupported - no wonder the firmware upgrades dried up. Trade in program? Or 'tough sh*t buy new' program?
Quote Reply

Prev Next