Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 'My' Tour of France is Over! [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the hateration? I think most people want an exciting race with some suspense and some strong battles between possible contenders.

It seems awfully early to be saying "My Tour of France is Over" which to me sounds like if Lance is not winning, there is no point in watching. That is why I said they are not cycling fans as much as Lance fans.

They have Ventoux to come and any cycling fan should have an interest in that, with or without Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: 'My' Tour of France is Over! [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's bring it back a gear people, the tour is far from anyone's shoulders. Let's just not concede the tour to contador. One bad day or moderate day, and will have a new "head of state". I just hope to see an Armstrong attack. I don't care if it sticks or not, I just want to see the old man try to rip one open. If contador follows and they ride up together, that would be enjoyable to watch as well.
Quote Reply
Re: 'My' Tour of France is Over! [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I was spectating on the road to Verbier yesterday, just 2.5 km from the finish. Seeing Contador show everyone who's the boss plain rocked. Being a Brit I was also stoked to see Wiggins ride past with the contenders and ahead of Lance. Yep, it was a good day for anyone who finds "Lance-lovers" get on their nerves.
Quote Reply
Re: 'My' Tour of France is Over! [Wayne666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
That is true about being on the right team. Even when Lance won 7 tours he night not have been the best physically. Strategically he was always the best.
What races were you watching? He was far and away the strongest rider in all of his Tour wins with the possible exception of the one year when Ullrich ran him somewhat close. Most years he could have won by ridiculous margins if he had wanted. After the first mountain stage where he typically established an unbeatable lead, given his domination of the TT's too, he would ride defensively and just keep with the other protagonists rather than attacking them to build his lead even further.
Quote Reply

Prev Next