Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: speedfil [fegirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fegirl1 -

Thanks for the post! We have discovered an easier method of pulling on the neoprene sleeve. I will detail in writting and supply a picture later today.
  1. Locate some brake or derailleur cable or sutiable string that can handle a fair amount of tension.
  2. Use the speedfil supplied thumb screw and nut and crimp one end of the cable onto the thumb screw and secure it with the nut.
  3. Slide the cable through the tubing so that you have at least 24" of cable exposed.
  4. slide the neoprene sleeve onto the cable portion only.
  5. Using a vice or close a door onto the cable secure the cable at one end. (Your setup should now look like cable attached at one fixed end, sleeve on top of cable, tubing, thumb screw/nut as a stopper on the end).
  6. Lubricate the tubing with water, pam, cooking oil etc.
  7. Pull on the tubing to create tension on the cable/tubing.
  8. With either your hands or a set of pliers carefully grab the wire inset on the sleeve and pull firmly but gently the sleeve onto the tubing.
  9. Work the sleeve about halfway down and then use your hands exclusively the remainder of the way.
  10. Be sure to keep the wire insert from poking through.

The process should take about 10-30 seconds.

Let us know if you are still having difficulties.

I will get some pics up shortly.

thanks!

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [fegirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me clarify: the process to actually pull the sleeve on should take a few seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [speedfil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you made the bottle BIGGER it could act like a full fairing for the main triangle and perhaps be a legal loophole against fairings? :)
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes but crosswinds could be a big problem for people. If you wanted a bike with a full fairing look to the old TRIMBLE bike that Harold Robinson used to ride during the Bud Light USTS series in the 1980's.

Thanks!

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes but crosswinds could be a big problem for people.
I just got one, and I did notice a bit of the cross-winds issue. Do you think the placement (i.e. higher up or lower down on the down tube) would reduce the crosswinds?

Works like a dream though.

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [kfc_bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size frame do you ride type of bike? We are collecting this info to assist us with future modifications on the design.

Try positioning the bottle as low as it can go. You may find it a bit easier to work with.

Thanks!

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excuse me I hate to be rude but your posting wrong. Your helpful excited attitude about your product is not the Slowtwitch norm. Please promise huge results and never back it up. At the same time over load us with varporware and never produce it. I am sure your helpful fun attitude and what seems like a solid product plays well in some small time forum but this is Slowtwitch and we like the biker and snipe.

Seems like a neat product though.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs -

Perhaps we should get you to write "copy" for us! I do like the sound of "vaporware". Maybe "Speedfil Vapor", "...your realization of a smokin' fast bike split!"

Thanks for the input!

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya see there you go again. Humor and good spirits. ;-)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedfil-
Can you post a picture on how or what the tube attaches to on the handlebars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I currently run a standard water bottle cage between my aerobars:

It's just a standard bottle cage with a standard bottle.
But I figure the speedfil is much more aero, and I'd rather put that in there instead. I had an Arundel bottle, but it was not stable (and would launch). The speedfil looks like it is much more secure. Please tell me about that -- is the bottle locked in place by that mount, or can it still come out?

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judge Nick -

The Speedfil is secured in its cage by a thumbscrew. Using only your fingers you snug the cage down on the bottle and it stays put! We have had several users in races with rough roads (i.e. Buffalo70.3 and Vineman 70.3) that had no issues with the bottle coming loose much less launching from its cage! This is one of the many design considerations we took on when we set out to design this system.

I will post some pics of my setupshortly.

Thanks!

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [STB] Setup [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are some pics of a speedfil setup on a couple of bikes:

Kestrel Airfoil Pro: routed through the cabling (no zip ties needed on this setup)

Another Kestrel Airfoil Pic

Cervelo P3 (no zip ties used but I would have secured the tubing a bit closer to the stem/basebar)

Another Cervelo P3 Shot

Last edited by: speedfil: Aug 3, 08 22:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i used the speedfil last weekend @ vineman w/ very good results. it is very secure, no way possible that it can get launched. held just enough liquid (almost 2 large water bottles) to make it thru entire race w/out having to refill (very cold day in santa rosa 55 degrees) i saw a dozen other water bottles on first 5 miles of course including front mounted aero bottles, aero down tube models, and gel flask bottles. on my BMC TT02 the speedfil touches the seat tube and fills in the entire triangle like a fairing. i didn't experience any problem with x-winds on a fairly light day for wind. the liquid stays all the way up the tube to the mouth piece, no leakage at bite valve, no spillage anywhere around bottle or tube. easy to stay in areobars and drink. i've got about 150 miles of use so far and think very highly of the product. only small negative is the weight of entire unit is heavier than 2 large water bottles and 2 cages. worked well for me as my frame only has a down tube water bottle mounts. also easily removable to clean bottle after use and re-attach. anthony
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [MAGGBO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maggbo -

Thanks for the great review!!!! We do appreciate the comments!

One thing I would like to point out is the weight differential you speak of. We will have weights posted on our website soon and we fall in the lighter range of bottles and cages. If one is using carbon cages, carbon mounts (i.e. hydrotail, xlab) then the assembly is lighter than the speedfil. However, if other than carbon cages the speedfil should be lighter since we only have one cage and one bottle.

Nervertheless, due to the shape of the speedfil and since you were able to stay aero longer I am sure you enjoyed a decent bike split on the Vineman course.

Again, thanks for the review!

Regards,

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any timetable on when your seat tube version will be coming out? Also, how would you route the straw? It seems like an awfully long distance to cover...
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [ndtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seat tube bracket is under design as of this post. Not quite clear when we will have it to market but we are going as quickly as we can!

As far as routing the drinking tube, it is really up to the individual and the bike. Try and keep the tube as close to the down tube as possible and behind the aerobars when so as to keep it out of the wind as best as possible. The length of the tube does not impede the ability to drink fluid whatsoever. The bite valve holds the fluid at the ready.

Thanks for the comments!

Regards,

Speedfil
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a pretty cool concept. I wonder if it will fit a Guru crono.

BTW - the pictures of it on Nytro are pretty bad. It was only when I looked at it on this thread that I saw it had a tube going up to the bars. If you are paying for advertising here on ST and then linking to the product, you probably want to actually show the product rather than a small fraction of the product from a close-angle shot. Or at least provide a link back to the speedfil site on the Nytro page.
Last edited by: Learn: Aug 2, 08 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI I have nothing to do with the product, I just saw it on nytro's site. The user speedfil is the company rep.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [cgroundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone had a chance to kick the tires on this set-up yet? I would like to hear that someone has already pulled the trigger on it before I do.

I pulled the trigger. Got it on Thursday. Unfortunately, my bike is at Guru, so, not mounted yet. But, I love new toys, so, I had to play with it. Playing around with it, it works as advertised. Take the Gatorade bottle w/ the sport top, jam it into to the quickfil, in seconds the contents are in the Speedfil. No splashing, despite my shaking it a little. Not hard at all to draw the fluid out at all.

I will post an update when I have it installed on the bike.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

BTW - the pictures of it on Nytro are pretty bad. It was only when I looked at it on this thread that I saw it had a tube going up to the bars. If you are paying for advertising here on ST and then linking to the product, you probably want to actually show the product rather than a small fraction of the product from a close-angle shot. Or at least provide a link back to the speedfil site on the Nytro page.

Should fit no problem. My Crono is at Guru right now, but, I took the Speedfil to the lbs and put it on a stock Crono and it fit just fine.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah - I figured he'd had this thread subscribed.
Quote Reply
Re: speedfil [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_MIke,

Regarding being able to fit the Speedfil on a TitanFlex, I think all you would have to do is add some spacers made out of aluminum tubing cut long enough to allow the system to clear the curve of the frame. Longer bolts might be required. At least that's what I'm going to try when my order comes in. This worked for my Arundel Chrono bottle, but I didn't use it much because of the low capacity, I just kept spare tubes in it. A standard bottle system didn't work for me either because my legs would brush up against it which was very irritating. Glad to see this system on the market. I bought just about every hydration system out there trying to find one that would work well for me and my TitanFlex setup, this looks like it could be it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

It will. (Edit: Come to think of it, why would you think it wouldn't?) I put it on mine for this weekend's Wilkes Barre Triathlon. Tried it out on a shakeout ride Saturday. Seems to work fairly well. The only thing I don't like is that the tube has to come around one side or the other, further reducing aeroness.

Unfortunately, for the life of me I could not get the tube in that neoprene sleeve. I tried water, dishwashing liquid, lube, etc. I could never get it more than halfway.
Last edited by: JoeO: Aug 3, 08 8:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See post 68.
Quote Reply

Prev Next