Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Geez - super race report! Since many on this board are likely contemplating this race (myself included) I really appreciate it. Oh, and great job!

Kudos to your photographer!

Thanks Rod! My problematic ankles and whatnot held up pretty well too.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great report. Wish I could of done what you did. My slowest time in an IM was 12;45( DID 4)better shape for this one than any other. Took the bike extremely conservative, still my overall finish was 14:43. ............Still, it was a great race!!! My time was not a race or my goal, but was more proud of my finish than any other. CDA will be a breeze in 2008, but I am going back to conquer this race........GREAT JOB Dude!!!!!!!!

Hey, nice job yourself. Certainly a finish to be proud of, regardless of your time!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [tproulx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Great report, and congrats on the awesome finish. I'd have to say, the three sisters are tough, but the next 10 miles or so on that path are much worse, just non-stop climbing and turning. I thought I was going to end up on Everest by the end.

Good Luck @ IMNZ.

Yup, those next 10 miles after the sisters were really something else. The only people I saw there were a kid in my AG who had screamed past me around mile 20 and a couple of the later racers from the 1/2. Lonely part of the course!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You sure you did the right course???????????? where are all of the other runners and riders?????!!!!!!!!

Believe me, I wondered the same thing from time to time!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eliot,
Great race report on a fantastic race! Well done with a nice finish time, too.
I can't say enough how well run of a race I think think the Silverman is. For anyone who wants to challenge themselves beyond a traditional 1/2 or full Ironman, the Silverman is calling your name. I'm honored to not only be an Ironman, but to be a Silverman as well.

Bart Davis
US Collegiate Triathlon
bart@usctri.com
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [renorider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This profile is from a pre-ride I did of the three sisters / bike path portion. The first couple miles is the three sisters part, then a short down hill, then the long 4% climb (into a headwind) after. Everyone talked about that climb. That was the one NON-scenic part of the course that looked more flat than it was, with a headwind and looked like it went NOWHERE. It's just as well that I didn't have my GPS with me for the race (I forgot) so I didn't see my speed.

Eliot- when did you pass me on the bike? I seem to recall someone going by on the bike path at some point, after seeing no one for the longest. But I'm sure when that happened. It's all runnning together...

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Last edited by: aliciap: Nov 21, 07 17:38
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my first IM, and marathon, and fourth tri last year. The current and chop, winds (~30's if I remember right) and hills kicked my a**. It was the clearest open water that I have ever raced in. I definitely have a score to settle at this race. I had to walk the last 10k (mostly downhill) due to seized quads. The pics brought back the Horror and the drive to go back.

Seth Wilkie DPT, ACSM-HFS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW! - Your race, your report, and the pictures. Thanks and congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [aliciap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah that part after the 3 sisters kicked my ass last year. I just couldn't figure out why I was going to slow on what looked to be a flat piece of land. Then I looked back once I got to the "top" and realized just how far up I had biked. I was cooked after that. :)
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Eliot- when did you pass me on the bike? I seem to recall someone going by on the bike path at some point, after seeing no one for the longest. But I'm sure when that happened. It's all runnning together...

Hmm. I'm pretty sure that the only full-distance person I passed on the bike path was a 26-year old guy. Is there a chance I got ya in the general mile 70-80 range? I did pass one woman somewhere around there and it took me a really long time (1/2 hour +) to reel her in. I told her she looked really strong and she just kinda guffawed in that tired way that we all do. You?

Thanks for that profile. That really is a climb after the sisters. I attributed it mostly to the headwind. Cheers!

Eliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy crap I am SOLD! Sign me up for 2009 (I am a loser so I need an extra year to prep for this race).

WOW!

You rock BTW.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know... I think that was me. Guffaw and all. ;)

Yes, I too am on Facebook. And LinkedIn. And Twitter. Which begs the question - do I exist in the physical world? Do I?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW! That whole race report was absolutely amazing. I almost registered for the Nov. '08 IM Ariz., I just changed my mind. I have just found my '08 IM! Thank you Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, the pics on your blog are freakin' awesome. You wanna do something with your bedroom furniture tho...that whole minimalistic look is so '04 metrosexual...all the cool kids these days are doing "homely", or "lived-in"...

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [ironjim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
WOW! That whole race report was absolutely amazing. I almost registered for the Nov. '08 IM Ariz., I just changed my mind. I have just found my '08 IM! Thank you Elliot

Thanks Jim! You won't regret it. Cheers.

Eliot
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [show pony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dude, the pics on your blog are freakin' awesome. You wanna do something with your bedroom furniture tho...that whole minimalistic look is so '04 metrosexual...all the cool kids these days are doing "homely", or "lived-in"...

Thanks man. What part of the country are you in?
re the furniture...yeah, I know, but then again, I've never been a cool kid :), and the place came fully furnished anyway. I've now met sandflies, too. What bastards they are.

Eliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sandflies are a bitch, and they're mutant pre-historic size down there too...not much bigger than a pinhead up here in the big smoke (AKL), or anywhere other than the deep south for that matter

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Congrats on a great race report and pics.

I am currently registered to do IMC, but may have to cancel due to injury, hence I am looking at later races in the year.
Since you have by now done IMNZ, how would you compare the two? What was you time in NZ as a comparison ( I did nz in 05)?

Thank you for the input, I will consider this race should the knee improve enough to log the training miles in time.

Cheers
Anik
Montreal Canada
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great report. 1/2 silverman will be my first HIM. You guys kinda scared me with the elevation profiles....:)

I'm excited though. Thanks.

jon

------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.GetEndorFit.com
Personal Training and Sports Conditioning
------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman race report - first IM (super long, lots of photos) [fbrissette] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi, Congrats on a great race report and pics.

I am currently registered to do IMC, but may have to cancel due to injury, hence I am looking at later races in the year.
Since you have by now done IMNZ, how would you compare the two? What was you time in NZ as a comparison ( I did nz in 05)?

Hey thanks Anik. For comparison purposes, I was 1:15ish faster at IMNZ.
Comparing the two, Silverman has far greater attention to detail and is a MUCH better experience for the athlete. Taupo is beautiful but the Silverman scenery is in a whole 'nother league. It will be much more "your own" race than NZ. There's no question in my mind which style of race I'd sign up for again (here's a hint: I'll be in Vegas in November). Come and rock it!

Eliot
Quote Reply

Prev Next