Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [ClaudeOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClaudeOne wrote:
Max, I think there is a problem in the latest version. My last two workouts, all connection to ANT sensors got lost. One workout after 29 min and the other after 25 min. I was using my Garmin in parallel and there was no problem with the sensors. When I switched from the workout window to the main window, the sensor was stated as "Busy". The status "Busy" remained after closing the workout window. Restarting MT returned it to "Ready". The TimeLine continued, so it did not detect the cadence as 0, but displayed it at the latest recorded value. HR and calculated power also remained at the latest recorded value. The graph stopped displaying. I mailed you both files. If you need anything else to investigate, let me know.
May be a similar issue here. The other night I double-clicked a WO to start it, but forgot to do my spindown check to verify the trainer setup before doing so. I went into the options and selected manual Button start, did my spindown check, then went back into the options and re-selected Cadence start. Then when I started pedaling to begin the WO the program did not see the cadence sensor and just sat there waiting. I closed the WO and Program, restarted everything and it was then ok.

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info guys. Let me know if you have any ANT drop-down or pairing issue with 1.21.
dmacandcheese, Would you find useful a calibration interface that you can activate before the workout with a key press (e.g: F1)?
Current calibration interface is really minimal so I would like to improve it.

Thanks and good training.
Max

Free Indoor Cycling Software - https://maximumtrainer.com
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [MaximumTrainer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tested 1.21 last saturday and yesterday: works fine. No disconnections.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I installed 1.24 and on both my computers, the first two launches, MT crashed. Third launch works fine. Just wanted to let you know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After installing version 1.24 the software is crashing right after the login screen. I have been using the software regularly since October and this is the first time I have had this issue.
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [bigsur28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Bigsur. Looks like you are experiencing the same as I. Did you try to startup three times in a row? That did it for me. First and second launch of MT caused the software to crash right after the login screen. Looks like there is a problem fetching your profile data from the server. On the third launch, everything went fine. I had exactly the same on 2 different computers.
Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same problem
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,
Sorry about 1.24, there was a possible bug with the CompuTrainer code.
If you still have issues, try uninstalling MT before installing a new version. Also make sure the app is closed before you try installing a new version over it.
Let me know if you have any issues in 1.25 "support@maximumtrainer.com"
Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [fruity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thing I forgot to mention.
You can delete the cookie located there on windows :
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\MaximumTrainer\cookies.ini
Thanks

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in case you guys are still looking for a great workout editor that now supports computrainer (erg mode for workouts and slope mode for FTP testing) and kicker take a look here. Nice interface with video that actually syncs with our start stop mode that can be cadence activated, so start pedalling and video plays, stop pedalling and video stops. Lots more in there. Take a look; https://maximumtrainer.com/download-mt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaximumTrainer wrote:
Another thing I forgot to mention.
You can delete the cookie located there on windows :
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\MaximumTrainer\cookies.ini
Thanks

I am looking at options for a winter of pain...i signed up for MT and it looks great! that being said, are there templates for some of the more popular workouts, such as Sufferfest? i saw a few from BT, and it looks like MT allows you to create templates, but until i have the time to sit down and do so, i'd like to just load one and get at it.

once again, nice work!
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM'd ya...

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:

I am looking at options for a winter of pain...i signed up for MT and it looks great! that being said, are there templates for some of the more popular workouts, such as Sufferfest? i saw a few from BT, and it looks like MT allows you to create templates, but until i have the time to sit down and do so, i'd like to just load one and get at it.
once again, nice work!

Hey d00d, we have a plan from beginnertriathlete.com and a few other workouts.
At the moment, we only have 1 workout from Sufferfest (ISLAGIATT) integrated with the app. Last time I checked, I think you could find the "erg" version of theses workout on the net. You could then import them in MaximumTrainer with the "Workout, Import" function. I know some users already made them in MaximumTrainer format too. I'll let you know if I can find some.
I will also try to get more coaches making plan, it's possible to share them on our forums with all MaximumTrainer users.

@dmacandcheese, I didn't receive your PM, you can email me at max@maximumtrainer.com
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaximumTrainer wrote:
-W- wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to see if the software is capable of transmitting virtual power so I can record it on my Garmin.

Hey W,
At the moment the program doesn't transmit calculated power back to ANT+ power.
But it record everything and save the workout as a .tcx file (like a garmin does)
Thanks

Any chance transmitting calculated power back through ANT+ can be added to the road map?

Thanks.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Re: MaximumTrainer - Question/Bug thread [-W-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
Any chance transmitting calculated power back through ANT+ can be added to the road map?
Thanks.

Sure thing! just to clarify, you would like the calculated power to be emitted back like a ANT+ Power Meter?
I could put an option for that, and let you input the custom ANT+ id.
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaximumTrainer wrote:
-W- wrote:

Thanks.

Sure thing! just to clarify, you would like the calculated power to be emitted back like a ANT+ Power Meter?
I could put an option for that, and let you input the custom ANT+ id.
Thanks!

That would be awesome. Yup, just like an Ant+ power meter so my Garmin would also read that power. I have a second USB Ant+ dongle to transmit if that helps. Thanks for considering this enhancement.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:

That would be awesome. Yup, just like an Ant+ power meter so my Garmin would also read that power. I have a second USB Ant+ dongle to transmit if that helps. Thanks for considering this enhancement.

Hey W,
Just an update, it seems it's not possible to do this with the ANT+ mode we use (Continuous scanning mode)
Here is the reference
https://www.thisisant.com/...iewthread/6335/#6787
You can still use the program to save the workout power to a FIT file like a garmin watch does.

Have a great day

Last edited by: MaximumTrainer: Nov 4, 15 12:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaximumTrainer wrote:
-W- wrote:

Hey W,
Just an update, it seems it's not possible to do this with the ANT+ mode we use (Continuous scanning mode)
Here is the reference
https://www.thisisant.com/...iewthread/6335/#6787
You can still use the program to save the workout power to a FIT file like a garmin watch does.

Have a great day

Thank for the quick reply. That's too bad that it's not possible. I do wonder if the response you received was in the context of using only 1 Ant+ device as opposed to how TR does it via Trainer Relay with 1 Ant+ device to receive (and send instructions/requests) and a 2nd Ant+ device solely to broadcast power. It looks like I might have to try on a Dev hat.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-W- wrote:
Thank for the quick reply. That's too bad that it's not possible. I do wonder if the response you received was in the context of using only 1 Ant+ device as opposed to how TR does it via Trainer Relay with 1 Ant+ device to receive (and send instructions/requests) and a 2nd Ant+ device solely to broadcast power. It looks like I might have to try on a Dev hat.

Yes from what I understand, his response was for using one Stick in CSM mode, it's not possible for this stick to transmit broadcast data because it is used all the time to receive data.
We could have a dedicated Stick used for sending broadcast message, but right now all the Sticks are put in CSM mode when MaximumTrainer starts.
So far you were the only person requesting this feature so I wanted to check if it could be done easily, but it seems to require more effort.. so if we get more requests for this, we may try to find an elegant solution later!

Have a great day,
Max

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MaximumTrainer wrote:
-W- wrote:

Yes from what I understand, his response was for using one Stick in CSM mode, it's not possible for this stick to transmit broadcast data because it is used all the time to receive data.
We could have a dedicated Stick used for sending broadcast message, but right now all the Sticks are put in CSM mode when MaximumTrainer starts.
So far you were the only person requesting this feature so I wanted to check if it could be done easily, but it seems to require more effort.. so if we get more requests for this, we may try to find an elegant solution later!

Have a great day,
Max

Dear Max,
one question, ir your software "Maximum Trainer" free or not? I mean... it is not possible to use the application longer than 15minutes without pay. Isn't?

Thank you very much
Best regards
Ivan
Quote Reply

Prev Next