Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gaming is from lottery/betting etc. that $125,000 could have gone to let's say, pacific Center for sport and aspiring Olympians. Instead it subsidized a sport event that went belly up. Same politician involved. My tax dollar is the $377,000. My pissed off political bullshit is the $125,000

I will learn to SPELL things out on ST going forward.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, in a half-assed attempt to get this thread back on topic, I've done my own math.

And so far 4 people on ST are doing the full distance Challenge race in Penticton on August 24. Of the proud, the few.... do any of "us" have a preference for a meeting up place at about noon on August 22? Dogtown, Fibonacci, or a phone booth?

Dev, I will also put you on the maybe list.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We local types have to work on Friday so put us on the "no" list... but I'll make a suggestion of going to the Bench market on Vancouver hill if you guys get something organized - great food and great coffee.
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [glowstickgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We LOVE the Bench Market and it's super close to our rental so, totally in for that.
Tom
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [glowstickgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the Half this year. I'm only at the stage where I've worked up to the half Ironman Distance. Starting Triathlons at age 62 when you can neither swim nor run takes some time to work up to the distances. Did the Calgary 70.3 last year and this year.

Ironman, xerox, ski-doo, all copyrighted names yet have been used as generic names to the extent that people know what you are talking about when you say them.

For those of you who have been inspired, I'd suggest that it has nothing to do with the owners but rather the participants (and some good marketing). I'll never forget Julie Moss. Nor will I ever forget my son the first time he completed a 70.3 in under 7 1/2 hours in a wheelchair. And, he just finished washing the Hudson River off after finishing NYC.

In any case, I am looking forward to being in Penticton and racing (now, at 63, I use that term rather loosely) later this month.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [Tom O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that place could work too. It's been about 3 years since I have been there. How much room do they have? What is parking like?

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, for the proud and few that are actually DOING this race, and not writing its obit.... I just got the new race athlete guide and it says that the underpants run is slated for noon on Friday, which is the same time that I proposed for the ST Challenge Penticton get-together. I can not multi-task like this, so perhaps a change in time is in order...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there, racing, too. Can't wait!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am racing the full distance at Challenge. Would love to meet up with you guys and see some new faces
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm driving in from AB on Friday so I'll get there just in time to pick up my Registration packet. They now say that closes at 4:00 whereas in the past it was 5:00. So far I can't get out of work until Friday and I really don't want to drive out Thursday PM as I'd then be getting there at 2:00AM or so and have to pay for another motel night or sleep in the car (wouldn't be the first time but wouldn't get a lot of rest).

Anyway, if there is an ST get-together for after I arrive I should be there.

BC Don
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would Saturday work for anyone else....?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just need to know where and when. At this point I plan I getting up early enough to do a short (really short, 3Km) run, then a nice short ride out towards OK Falls but will likely turn around after about 10 Km, just enough to get the cobwebs out of the legs and make sure the bike is running smooth. Then bike checkin and wait around.

BC Don
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, so let's shoot for 10 on Saturday morning. Where is the place going to be????

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My vote would be Bench Market on the patio shortly after 10 but I can be flexible. Need to run it by Mrs O of course.
Quote Reply
Re: The proud, the few, The Challenge Penticton page [Tom O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late to the game, but riding the bike on a relay team. Have done both Penticton and Whistler before, so looking forward to getting off of the bike and drinking instead of running!

---------------------------
http://www.o-block.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next