Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: WILDFLOWER 2014--no water?? [trainlighter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake San Antonio fills exclusively via rain water from the nearby watershed. No showfall run-off to speak of that supplies the lake. The watershed is also not very expansive, it fills at 1/4 the rate of nearby Lake Nacimiento. Its going to be a tough act to put lipstick on this pig.

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2014--no water?? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
San Antonio isn't so low only because of the dry year. http://www.thecalifornian.com/...Lake-San-Antonio-dry

Quote:
Compounding the problem, the Lake Nacimiento reservoir had to be shut down for safety reasons during repairs to a key generator damaged when a piece of an intake valve came loose and was sucked into the generator’s innards. Yet the Salinas River must flow to maintain groundwater recharging, fisheries habitat and recycled irrigation water in the northwestern part of the county. That meant switching entirely to Lake San Antonio to keep the river moving over the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2014--no water?? [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to the Tri-California Events website there is a practice swim course on the south end of the lake near Harris creek that should be long enough for the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2014--no water?? [Lydiavelia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if Lake San Antonio has been getting the rain these last few days?
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2014--no water?? [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No change from last week's weather, still 5%

http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/...ta/ReservoirData.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2014--no water?? [Lydiavelia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Better odds for swim venue at Auburn Tri, May 18. Two-thirds of volume needed as of yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2015--no water?? [Lydiavelia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, has all this rain helped the lake level at all? Could not seem to find anything on the net

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2015--no water?? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
So, has all this rain helped the lake level at all? Could not seem to find anything on the net.
http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/...ts/ReservoirData.pdf

Sylvan Smyth | http://www.sportstats.asia | sylvan@sportstats.asia | Starvas
Last edited by: sylvan: Dec 19, 14 9:30
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2015--no water?? [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, so much rain and so little change. Went from 3 to 4%.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to wait for all the other water to flow down from the hills or wherever is feeding the reservoir. Even if it doesn't rain, it'll continue to rise for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2015--no water?? [durk onion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
durk onion wrote:
You need to wait for all the other water to flow down from the hills or wherever is feeding the reservoir. Even if it doesn't rain, it'll continue to rise for a while.

I think these are filled from rain right there, just like the lake I am on. I do not believe there is a "river" that goes through but I could be wrong. Looks like these storms
still might be missing the middle of the state.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/16dec_drought/

I think it will take substantially more than that recent storm.
Last edited by: scarbelly: Dec 19, 14 11:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't know this till I just looked it up- the San Antonio river flows into the lake-it's the river they dammed to make to make the reservoir in the 60's- it not a natural lake. I was just curious because i hope there is a lot more water in it by May.
Quote Reply
Re: WILDFLOWER 2015--no water?? [Woodchuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woodchuck wrote:
I didn't know this till I just looked it up- the San Antonio river flows into the lake-it's the river they dammed to make to make the reservoir in the 60's- it not a natural lake. I was just curious because i hope there is a lot more water in it by May.

what flows into the river? I am assuming this is a very small river?

They did not get any water last year and with all these storms and they do not seem to have gotten much yet, I wonder what kind of weather normally fills it.

Quote Reply

Prev Next